ImageImage

2/21/08 Pro Hoops Show

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Fight the Tank » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:42 am

bigkurty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's funny that you bring up lack of respect cause when I listen to him, he has an arrogance to him. LH has that a little but the way he does it seems more endearing almost like he is the cool guy you would like to be friends with because he comes across as so cool and confident. Babcock just comes across like a jerk to me where he can't believe he has to be there answering the questions. The more I listen to him, the more I can't stand this guy already. Am I the only person who feels like that or do you guys think he comes across like a prick as well?

In that case it sounds like a great direction for the Bucks to go in the continued goal of diminishing the fan base.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#22 » by xTitan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:42 am

I get the same feeling, Babcock already knows he is the new GM.....only good news is he said they will build around Yi and Bogut...ah, there is no good nes, :nonono:
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#23 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:43 am

kurty, I meant the political answers in general when I said disrespect. Talking down to people by telling them things that you know aren't true, or aren't answers to the questions that were asked. It's like he pretends he's too dumb to understand what the question was.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#24 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:44 am

Woeffel LOVES the big trade for Cleveland since the Cav's got DUHON in the deal..... again.... :banghead:
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#25 » by blkout » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:47 am

How long into next season before Babcock trades Mo and an unprotected first for Larry Hughes.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#26 » by xTitan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:48 am

Whats up with lil Sparky?? He hinted at the PG position, Babcock said that it might be the most important position...Sparky did not follow through and ask him about Mo, whats up with that??? Mo drives Sparky crazy.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#27 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:52 am

xTitan wrote:Whats up with lil Sparky?? He hinted at the PG position, Babcock said that it might be the most important position...Sparky did not follow through and ask him about Mo, whats up with that??? Mo drives Sparky crazy.

Sparky is just an awful interviewer.....just awful. You're right, he could he gone further there.....

Part of my commentary is frustration over the day, but Sparky could have at least put Babcock on the hotseat over the lack of moves with some well thought out questions. Instead he tried to outshout himself with his opinion that Billups wasn't a guy who makes others around him better but instead looks for his own shot as a scorer. Who cares about that? A better question would have been "Babcock, if you like Billups, why didn't we make a greater effort to sign the guy? How would this team be different if we had Billups v. Mo?
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#28 » by bigkurty » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:05 am

I wouldn't hold that against Sparky. He rails on them in his post game shows enough. He also has to protect his relationships with Bucks officials so that he can continue getting his inside access. I would just chalk it up to the fact that he has to walk a narrow line between satisfying his listeners and maintaining his professional relationships.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks