ImageImage

The Kohl's grocery bag revolt (Saturday, March 15th-Celtics)

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,619

Post#21 » by Matches Malone » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:52 pm

This probably won't get responded to, but wtf are all of you guys talking about? I'm so lost...
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#22 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:55 pm

The players SHOULD be embarassed, bottom line. The lack of hustle, chemistry, teamwork they have shown this year is nothing short of pathetic.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#23 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:00 pm

Nebula1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because I'm still in the boat that thinks this team has alot of potential and with patience will come our reward as fans. I do understand why this is happening, but you'll be embarassing the players just as much as Kohl.

And I paid alot of money for good seats to this game because I've never seen Kevin in person so I hope the game is still really good and I hope we win.

With all respects, I just don't think you embarass the guys you're trying to support. We're not Philly or Cleveland. But you guys gotta do what you gotta do and that's fine.

Have you watched any games this year? It would be one thing if we were playing hard but just didn't have the experience yet. Maybe a few of our guys are lacking experience and team cohesion but I would say that is 5% of the issue.

I would say this team sucks from 60% lack of effort/defensive intensity, 35% lack of basketball IQ, and 5% lack of experience/team cohesion. I don't feel sorry for them one bit, 95% of this team's issues come from desire issues from within each player.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#24 » by Nebula1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:01 pm

Right, because everything is going to be better because some fans put paper bags on their heads?

I'm not knocking the idea. I just don't know if it's the right approach.

I guess I'm from a different camp Luke. I don't think it's ever appropriate to embarass those you support and care about. That's just me though. I hope y'all make sportscenter.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#25 » by Nebula1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:03 pm

CharlosVllnueva wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Have you watched any games this year? It would be one thing if we were playing hard but just didn't have the experience yet. Maybe a few of our guys are lacking experience and team cohesion but I would say that is 5% of the issue.

I would say this team sucks from 60% lack of effort/defensive intensity, 35% lack of basketball IQ, and 5% lack of experience/team cohesion. I don't feel sorry for them one bit, 95% of this team's issues come from desire issues from within each player.

Yes, I've watched the games and I recognize your opinions on the situation.

However, I have no problem adding another lottery player to this team because I think what lacks is true basketball talent.

I'm not gonna argue with your revolt. I respect revolution very much. I just like a bunch of these players and I don't think they deserve to be embarassed. You have the right to your opinion as well.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#26 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:05 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Right, because everything is going to be better because some fans put paper bags on their heads?

I guess I'm from a different camp Luke. I don't think it's ever appropriate to embarass those you support and care about. That's just me though. I hope y'all make sportscenter.

They embarrass me as a supporter. Try and tell somebody youre a Bucks fan and any non-serious NBA fan will laugh in your face that you are wasting your time with a futile organization.

The reason we want to do this revolt is so that Kohl gets his head out of his arse and sends away these craptastic excuses for NBA players for a bag of peanuts, and builds a team with players that want to be here and win.

If we are really being "mean" and are "embarrassing" them because they are actually good players, then they can prove that elsewhere. If we trade Simmons and he is miraculously fully healed and puts up 15/8 and exerts effort on defense in some other city then he has just proven our point.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#27 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:05 pm

Nebula1 wrote:Right, because everything is going to be better because some fans put paper bags on their heads?

I don't support this brand of basketball, which is the kind of basketball that THIS core of players under THIS moronic coach controlled by THIS moronic owner is playing. It's not like it's one year, it's been a pattern of the same kind of crap.

Overpaying one-dimensional players who have primarily only offensive skills and then hiring a coach with no experience and Milwaukee ties to coach them. THAT is what has to stop.

This team will never go anywhere ever with how it's being run currently. I think that is where the problem lies with the fans. If this core had ever shown signs of performing differently, it might be another story.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#28 » by smauss » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:08 pm

Thank you GAD & Press for all you hard work with this! I won't be there physically but there in spirit. I don't know what the ramifications of this, if any, will be but I do know that for twenty years or so doing and saying nothing has done nothing for the organization that has meant so very much to me throughout my life. Thanks again! :bowdown:

btw, GAD I would to hear the planned details as well: smauss@ameritech.net
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#29 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:10 pm

GAD send me an email as well, lukenelson11@hotmail.com
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#30 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:13 pm

I obviously won't be there, but I hope you guys are able to provide a great recap with pictures and hopefully youtube videos. I'll keep an eye out during the broadcast.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#31 » by LUKE23 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:18 pm

I'll wager quite a bit of ching that Jim and Jon mention this during the broadcast before it happens.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#32 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:23 pm

You fools that are putting your e-mail addresses right on the board here are crazy. You realize that the Bucks will seize your address and spam your e-mail with Gardner, Enlund, and Howard articles such as "Redd and Mo are Red Hot!"
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#33 » by crkone » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Code: Select all

Don't Forget The FaceBook Event!!!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=10954571836
:rock:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,393

Post#34 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:34 pm

I doubt this gets on TV or that J&J talk about it. J&J are paid by the Bucks, they will tow the company line. And FSN will try to make sure it doesn't get on TV. You guys have to do your best to get on camera though and hopefully other media outlets will cover this.

Everyone email Garry Howard and Tom Enlund. I'm kidding, they would never write a word about it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,021

Post#35 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:42 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have this planned out pretty well so far, so none of that concerns me.

Whether or not Bucks officials are preparing for this or not, their preparation will be futile. There is no preparations they can make that will allow them to prevent what is planned, trust me.

Right on.

Good luck to you and whomever else is partaking in the festivities.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#36 » by Nebula1 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:56 pm

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't support this brand of basketball, which is the kind of basketball that THIS core of players under THIS moronic coach controlled by THIS moronic owner is playing. It's not like it's one year, it's been a pattern of the same kind of crap.

Overpaying one-dimensional players who have primarily only offensive skills and then hiring a coach with no experience and Milwaukee ties to coach them. THAT is what has to stop.

This team will never go anywhere ever with how it's being run currently. I think that is where the problem lies with the fans. If this core had ever shown signs of performing differently, it might be another story.

Well, that is your opinion of course and that's fine. I just don't see paperbags as a classy way to handle your complaints, but best of luck to you.
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#37 » by Andrew34r » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Sparky again mentioned that I will be at Fitz's before the game handing out bags to people that need them or want them but I know Gad had mentioned possibly meeting at another location before the game so 1 of 2 things either we meet at Fitz's or if it is somewhere else to let Sparky know ASAP sthat he can get word out to any none Real GMers who wish to particpate.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#38 » by jerrod » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:07 pm

i'd kind of like to know the details but i can't make it

so if you don't mind not limiting it to people who are gonna be there
rezin111@yahoo.com
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#39 » by Andrew34r » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:15 pm

To those of you requesting a You Tube video of this...DONE! I have a digital camera that can record up to 10 minute videos at a time.

I also just want to say that Milwaukee has a reputation for being soft fans...never would anybody think that Milwaukee would show their dis-pleasure of this franchise the way that we are going to. Hopefully we will get some exposure and im very confident that we will. It will show the Bucks and everyone else that there are people out there who are not just going to sit on their hands and let the Bucks franchise be run straight into the ground.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#40 » by DanoMac » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:34 pm

I have box seats to the game, and I probably will join in.

GAD, please email me the details. DannoMac21@aol.com

Much appreciated

Return to Milwaukee Bucks