ImageImage

Bag Night recap thread (GAD meets Kohl)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#21 » by Mags FTW » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:46 am

mpg wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
Yeah the 1% of Bucks fans that know about realgm think its some big deal. What about the other 99%.

Lots of that 99% will see pics when Bill Simmons links to them or hosts them on ESPN. Trust me.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#22 » by blkout » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:50 am

What is up with the 2 or 3 guys (on this forum) who seem almost angry at people for attempting this? Are you jealous that you weren't involved? It's like the fat kid really wanting to play baseball but not getting picked, so he spends the next week telling everyone who'll listen how **** baseball is and anyone who plays it is an idiot.
mpg
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#23 » by mpg » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:52 am

I hope so. I think it's awesome that people got together to protest the organization. The local paper gave no mention of paper bags, http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=728651. Typical sentinel journal.
mpg
Sophomore

Post#24 » by mpg » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:53 am

Citizen.Eras3d wrote:What is up with the 2 or 3 guys (on this forum) who seem almost angry at people for attempting this? Are you jealous that you weren't involved? It's like the fat kid really wanting to play baseball but not getting picked, so he spends the next week telling everyone who'll listen how **** baseball is and anyone who plays it is an idiot.

two words: small penises.. at least thats my reason
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,977

Post#25 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:57 am

mpg wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

two words: small penises.. at least thats my reason
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#26 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:14 am

If some of you guys want to mimize it or rip on it.....that's fine.

But give the guys credit tonight who actually put the hamburgers down....got away from the computers....went out in the real world and met some fellow RealGM'ers.

We had a great turnout of guys with bags greeting people leaving the BC tonight from the upper balcony as they went down the escalator. I had countless other fans come up to me tonight and say "good going"

And then of course there where the guys who went that extra mile to visit with our owner......(better photos to come) They are all gathering around Kohl during the fourth quarter....

In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#27 » by upnorthfan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:16 am

DrugBust wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
No way they show a large group of fans with bags on their heads and say nothing. Instead, it's like nothing ever happened.

Now, was Kenny Mayne there? If this gets national press somehow then that's another story.

I did a show on a Celtics podcast after the game, and I mentioned this board and it's protest.

http://www.celticsblog.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=189
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#28 » by Bucks_Revenge » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:21 am

i like the guy sitting with the sign classic....i was in 208 and didn't see any of you.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#29 » by Mags FTW » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:23 am

They didn't go into the lower bowl until the final timeout. Before that, they were in the concourse.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:25 am

paulpressey25 wrote:If some of you guys want to mimize it or rip on it.....that's fine.

But give the guys credit tonight who actually put the hamburgers down....got away from the computers....went out in the real world and met some fellow RealGM'ers.

We had a great turnout of guys with bags greeting people leaving the BC tonight from the upper balcony as they went down the escalator. I had countless other fans come up to me tonight and say "good going"

And then of course there where the guys who went that extra mile to visit with our owner......(better photos to come) They are all gathering around Kohl during the fourth quarter....

[url=http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2482/cropbagnightel9.jpg](picture)[/URL]
[url=http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2482/cropbagnightel9.bc9284fceb.jpg](picture)[/URL]

Nobody is ripping it. But it's sort of hard to minimize something that is honestly pretty small. The cameras didn't pick up a paper bag a single time. If it gets some ink in the JS or another paper, or Sports Center does a piece on it then that's huge and obviously what happened had a real effect.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#31 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:26 am

Doug Russell repeatedly called the protest
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,735

Post#32 » by DanoMac » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:28 am

AHAHAH.

I was in my friend's box for the game, and I got up to get some food about 20 minutes before gametime, looked outside my box past the glass windows, and I saw about 50-100 people with paper bags on their heads lined up. I grabbed my friend whom I had just finished telling about this and showed him, we just burst out laughing. It was great. The best was when everyone walked away, and at the end of the line was a guy with one little son holding his left hand while walking and the other holding his right hand while walking, with all 3 of them wearing paper bags. That was classic.

Good work tonight guys. I really give props to all of you for doing this.

I met schweig at the end of the game and gave him props as well. I'm pissed I couldn't join you guys at the bar (due to the age).
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#33 » by Mags FTW » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:31 am

DB, you're one of my favorite posters here but you're being obtuse right now.

HUH?

Yeah, I said it. Obtuse. Simmons will sensationalize this thing and it will get plenty of pub.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#34 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:34 am

Doug Russell? Who is that?

Anyways....mission was accomplished.....we got a mention in a Bill Simmons ESPN piece yesterday which was good enough.....

And you don't think Kohl received a message with those guys surrounding him during the game? Remember, that section is filled with the big corporate seats. Notice all the heads looking over at the bag guys. Kohl was a great sport, but you know he's going home thinking to himself things have hit rock bottom. Whether he wants to do something about it is another thing.

Again.....some guys on this board got off their asses and did something....and I especially commend those guys who went into Kohl's section.

Durbanfish4
Sophomore

Post#35 » by Durbanfish4 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:35 am

How come I saw someone with a chicken head on?
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#36 » by jerrod » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:35 am

i guess if you don't think it was good idea, then you don't think it was a good idea

but what is anyone else doing to provoke some change?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:39 am

Mags FTW wrote:DB, you're one of my favorite posters here but you're being obtuse right now.

HUH?
(picture)

Yeah, I said it. Obtuse. Simmons will sensationalize this thing and it will get plenty of pub.

That's great, but it's Bill Simmons. The guy is great but is he reaching the average NBA fan in Wisconsin? Watching the game with friends and family, none of them even knew who he was. This thing needs to be in the JS, local and state news or Sports Center to have any effect.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#38 » by worthlessBucks » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:39 am

I commend you GAD, PP, Nowak, & all the others. All the fans looking in on the baggers is pretty entertaining, hopefully Kohl feels some pressure to improve this franchise this summer (personnel, management, & pretty much everything),
Go Bucks!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#39 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:47 am

We hit the bigtime.....see what the C's fan just posted in the game thread....assume he got this off AP or the like:

Milwaukee Bucks owner Sen. Herb Kohl, lower left, watches as fans with bags on their heads are led out of the arena during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Boston Celtics Saturday, March 15, 2008, in Milwaukee. The Celtics won 99-77.

Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#40 » by Buck You » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:50 am

You all got kicked out? Also, what does the sign say?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks