ImageImage

Bag Night recap thread (GAD meets Kohl)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#49 » by cam2win » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:03 am

I wish I could have been there, but I thank those that could.

I must say I've never been prouder to be part of this forum :clap:
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,587

Post#50 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:03 am

MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#51 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:04 am

It'd be nice to get this on the wiretap for all the other RGMers to see.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#52 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:06 am

Someone should print that pic out, have it framed, signed by the RealGM'rs in attendance tonight and given to GAD and/or any of the other instrumental organizers of tonight's event.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#53 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:11 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I was all in favor of the revolt and would have been there if I wasn't back home for spring break, I was just relaying what Doug said (another caller said the same thing).

I know...and I'll ease up on Doug Russell since he did allow GAD to promote this on his show and was a really good sport about it. Russell and Sparky have been great about promoting this and we thank them for it. It is just that his comment and that other caller's comment on the postgame show were from guys who I think missed key moments. It's not like the guys who visited Kohl can sit there for the entire game to allow every fan to witness it.......they've got a 30 second window and that's it.

I just think that initially people's expectations were that hundreds or thousands would flood the BC with bags. But in reality that was never possible. Even go back to the days of those N.O. Saints protests and it was a small group of diehards. But guess what, people remember those guys 20 years later.

For those who didn't think it was effective, they just missed the key moments like the parade around the lower bowl.....Nowak and company getting edited off the jumbotron with Andrea Williams.....the Kohl visit.....and greeting a few thousand fans as they left on the SouthEast escalator (including a large Chinese contingent that started taking photos)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#54 » by jeremyd236 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:12 am

I saw you guys several times throughout the evening. Very funny.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#55 » by jerrod » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:15 am

so what happened with the jumbotron? they just cut away to something else quickly?
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#56 » by Buck You » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:17 am

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Nowak and BlueJeep had signs that said "Where Amazing Happens"

It was a pretty innocent sign.....but then they'd chant something like "Another 20 point plus beatdown....your Milwaukee Bucks...where amazing happens"

All those guys are now at Fitzgibbons and will be on here later I'm sure......I couldn't tell who all went to visit Kohl since I was still in our section, but I know GAD, Nowak, Blue Jeep, Beyond the Arc, Steger and a few others I think made the trip.

Nice, that's awesome. I'm glad you all had fun and got exposure.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#57 » by crkone » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:18 am

I was walking to brothers and decided to come home and post these. These are just a few of the ones I have the rest are on my myspace page. You may need an account to look at those. Others took photos and video too so those will be up tomorrow. We didn't get a good shot of the harassment of Kohl since the Usher was blocking us from going. But when the guys went down there Kohl was all startled and was frantically calling for the Usher to get them out of there. I think he had a seizure. Anyways, it was a great time and wish you guys could have made it. We paraded through the concourses numerous times and chanted and harassed the patrons leaving going down the escalator. I think with that AP photo we got some good exposure.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#58 » by worthlessBucks » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:18 am

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know...and I'll ease up on Doug Russell since he did allow GAD to promote this on his show and was a really good sport about it. Russell and Sparky have been great about promoting this and we thank them for it. It is just that his comment and that other caller's comment on the postgame show were from guys who I think missed key moments. It's not like the guys who visited Kohl can sit there for the entire game to allow every fan to witness it.......they've got a 30 second window and that's it.

I just think that initially people's expectations were that hundreds or thousands would flood the BC with bags. But in reality that was never possible. Even go back to the days of those N.O. Saints protests and it was a small group of diehards. But guess what, people remember those guys 20 years later.

For those who didn't think it was effective, they just missed the key moments like the parade around the lower bowl.....Nowak and company getting edited off the jumbotron with Andrea Williams.....the Kohl visit.....and greeting a few thousand fans as they left on the SouthEast escalator (including a large Chinese contingent that started taking photos)

Where bad press reaches 1.3 billion.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#59 » by Bucks_Revenge » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:18 am

jerrod wrote:so what happened with the jumbotron? they just cut away to something else quickly?

Yea I was wondering that also....they were talking then all of a sudden they switched to the show your muscles video... :rofl:

I just shrugged my shoulders and moved on.
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#60 » by jeremyd236 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:21 am

Some guys next to me started a Bobby Simmons chant everytime he attempted (and missed) a field goal.

It was even funnier when they started the "Bogut's Earning" chant (Bogut had a huge rock on his left ear). Bogut kept looking over and laughing with CBell and Yi.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#61 » by crkone » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:22 am

jeremyd236 wrote:Some guys next to me started a Bobby Simmons chant everytime he attempted (and missed) a field goal.

It was even funnier when they started the "Bogut's Earning" chant (Bogut had a huge rock on his left ear). Bogut kept looking over and laughing with CBell and Yi.

A couple of us heard that Simmons chant and were thinking that was the only time ever anyone has made a Simmons chant.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User

Post#62 » by Bucks_Revenge » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:24 am

were those the guys in like section 105 or something chanting something couldn't understand.
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#63 » by LarryHarris » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:34 am

If anyone wants to knock it, they can, however, I had a great time, I don't post that often, but this was just a great event and a great way to show our owner that there are still fans that care and we are frustrated. All of the RealGMers I met tonight were great and it was just a really fun experience, and for those who want to knock it, we circled around the consessions area a number of time and we got a huge reaction and now there is that great picture of a super pissed Kohl, extra points to GAD for distracting the usher. Anyways, it was a great time and I'll be excited to attend games in the future with these guys...
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 851

Post#64 » by Epicurus » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:40 am

Guys, if you really want attention to your just cause and even get change, then the Buddhist monks in Vietnam in the 60s offer the best example. Self-immolation is the way to go. I suggest one for each remaining home game, maybe two or three toward the end of the schedule. I realize that the price of gasoline is more now, but it shouldn't matter much when you have so a great cause. Ending brutal dictatorships or foreign occupations pale in comparison to freeing the Bucks from the iron boot of Senator Kohl.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#65 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:44 am

Epicurus wrote:Ending brutal dictatorships or foreign occupations pale in comparison is freeing the Bucks from the iron boot of Senator Kohl.

:rofl:

You know you're sending this link to Terry.......and he's going to laugh as well.......

You should be rejoicing tonight.......we've matured beyond blaming the coach for our problems and figured out where it all starts.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#66 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:58 am

MFScho wrote:Where bad press reaches 1.3 billion happens.

Fixed.
Matt Foley
Banned User

Post#67 » by Matt Foley » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:10 am

Great photos! nice meeting you guys..
-Dave ( throw back ray allen jersey )
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#68 » by Andrew34r » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:12 am

a few more..

JakeCronus has a ton of video of this and will be posting it on you tube...hopefully tommorrow. i have more pics also but im drunk and ready to pass out!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks