ImageImage

G'Day! (Oh Yes, another Aussie!)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#61 » by AussieBuck » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:50 am

bayrdbandit wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

jawai is a lock for the team. they know he's the future of australian basketball. they'll take him, if only to get him some experience on the big stage. he'll be scouted thoroughly whilst there and i'm predicting will generate enough interest to warrant a first round draft selection.
He'll be great in the olympic team as a mismatch guy you throw out against certain teams like the Greeks did with that obese buy at the world champs.
bogutsdad
Senior
And1: 0

Post#62 » by bogutsdad » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:05 pm

jawai is a lock for the team. they know he's the future of australian basketball. they'll take him, if only to get him some experience on the big stage. he'll be scouted thoroughly whilst there and i'm predicting will generate enough interest to warrant a first round draft selection.

I'm not so sure, You've got Bogut, Neilson, Anderson, Anstey, and a couple of others I can't think of from the world championship team, but you can only take so many big's. Don't get me wrong I would like to see him go and I know bogut would like to see him go too cos he wants to form a nucleus with the young guys for future teams, but I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't make it.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#63 » by bayrdbandit » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:17 pm

bogutsdad wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not so sure, You've got Bogut, Neilson, Anderson, Anstey, and a couple of others I can't think of from the world championship team, but you can only take so many big's. Don't get me wrong I would like to see him go and I know bogut would like to see him go too cos he wants to form a nucleus with the young guys for future teams, but I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't make it.

we're definitely heavy on the big end. throw in luke schenscher and possibly ogilvy to that mix. of all of them, i'd be leaving out neilson.
Dags
Sixth Man

Post#64 » by Dags » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:47 pm

No way do you leave out Nielsen for Schenscher or Ogilvy. Nielsen has been a star at NBL level and has built a very good career in Europe. What has Schenscher done? Was on NBA rosters but rarely played. Played in the NBADL and didn't do very well. Tried for Europe and got nothing. Back to the NBL for next season. Not really a guy that I can have confidence in. Ogilvy has a good u-23 career and ok at college. Doesn't mean too much when we have buckets of big men.

Also factor in that most of our big men are centres and you'll find a need for a good solid PF like Nielsen. Especially given he's used to FIBA rules and officiating. Nielsen might even start, depending on how Goorj wants to rotate him with Andersen. But he just can't be left out for inexperienced or massively underachieving players.
Das ist nümberwang!
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#65 » by Jez2983 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:19 pm

Jammo29 wrote:Well this seems like the place to make introductions, so i might as well put my first post here as well!

I've been reading this board for a few years now but have never registered.

I feel honored to join at one of the lowest points in Bucks history. It means that things can only go up! (does anyone actually believe that?)

(oh and yes i am australian as well, but for some strange reason i can't explain, I have always been a Bucks fan, even before Bogut came along.)

G'Day mate - and go team lurker! We aren't disturbing at all... Also, things surely must go up!
bogutsdad wrote:but you can only take so many big's.

Very true - need more creative quick guards. Also, as if you are surprised by the no. of Aussies here, you're Bogut's dad! We all want to have his man-babies if he does anything good! (Vision of that Schwarzenegger movie :nonono: )
AussieBuck wrote:It makes plenty of sense. Milwaukee is exactly the underdog type team that Aussies identify with. Plus y'all are big fat beer guzzlers so we can relate. Having said that I got on with the Bogut bandwagon.

Go teh underdogz - think I said that at the start too! All I remember from 90's Bucks is Big Dog FTW! Also, beer is rad.

Seriously, should have a decent run in the next olympics with the talent in this squad. That said though, we should have won more than one game (Angola?) last time. Neilsen's experience should stay, but I'd love Jawai to make it.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#66 » by jerrod » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:05 pm

if the us plays australia in the olympics, we're gonna have a hell of a game thread. although it'll be in the middle of the night here probably
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#67 » by Fort Minor » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:41 pm

Mike X wrote:Welcome Jez, Im sure lukepliska will agree with me that there can never be too many Aussies

Gold. :rofl:

Anyways, welcome Jez and Jammo.
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#68 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:44 pm

(oh and yes i am australian as well, but for some strange reason i can't explain, I have always been a Bucks fan, even before Bogut came along.)

OK this is like the tenth Australian on this board who liked the Bucks pre-Bogut.

What's the name for those people who love pain? Yea, they are predominant in Australia apparently.

:D
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#69 » by Fort Minor » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:52 pm

REDDzone wrote:

OK this is like the tenth Australian on this board who liked the Bucks pre-Bogut.

What's the name for those people who love pain? Yea, they are predominant in Australia apparently.

:D

Bogut himself was a Bucks fan, too, wasn't he? At least, he liked Kukoc and had a Kukoc Bucks jersey.
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#70 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:10 pm

Dags wrote:No way do you leave out Nielsen for Schenscher or Ogilvy. Nielsen has been a star at NBL level and has built a very good career in Europe. What has Schenscher done? Was on NBA rosters but rarely played. Played in the NBADL and didn't do very well. Tried for Europe and got nothing. Back to the NBL for next season. Not really a guy that I can have confidence in. Ogilvy has a good u-23 career and ok at college. Doesn't mean too much when we have buckets of big men.

Also factor in that most of our big men are centres and you'll find a need for a good solid PF like Nielsen. Especially given he's used to FIBA rules and officiating. Nielsen might even start, depending on how Goorj wants to rotate him with Andersen. But he just can't be left out for inexperienced or massively underachieving players.

What about Aleks Maric? From what I've seen of him at Nebraska he's a huge body with some touch around the basket. Alex Laughton is a nice midrange shooter for a big and would add also some nice depth to the frontcourt as well. He
bogutsdad
Senior

Post#71 » by bogutsdad » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:21 pm

we're definitely heavy on the big end. throw in luke schenscher and possibly ogilvy to that mix. of all of them, i'd be leaving out neilson.

Neilson is Goorj's love child, no way he is left out. He will be the second player chosen after bogut, along with half of the sydney kings team that goorj coached. Shane Heal alluded as much last year! If Jawai played for Sydney then he would be a lock in for sure.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#72 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:30 pm

Goorjian isn't even Sydney's coach anymore.
bogutsdad
Senior

Post#73 » by bogutsdad » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:42 pm

Doesn't mean he still doesn't play favorites. He only moved at the end of this season about a month a go and how many players are now staying in sydney?
Dags
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by Dags » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:44 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:What about Aleks Maric? From what I've seen of him at Nebraska he's a huge body with some touch around the basket. Alex Laughton is a nice midrange shooter for a big and would add also some nice depth to the frontcourt as well. He
Das ist nümberwang!
bogutsdad
Senior

Post#75 » by bogutsdad » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:57 pm

Dags wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Come on man. Last time Nielsen played in Australia he won the league MVP. He was bloody good the year before that as well, and still very good before that. Since then he's gone on to a good career in Europe. He's achieved as much as any player on the Australian team, no need to taint him with the nepotism brush.

I said he would be the second player picked and I believe that is where goorj rates him too. I wasn't intending to put him down just responding to the people who believe he should be left out of the team.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#76 » by fam3381 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:07 am

Good to have you, Jez!
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#77 » by bayrdbandit » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:38 am

bogutsdad wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I said he would be the second player picked and I believe that is where goorj rates him too. I wasn't intending to put him down just responding to the people who believe he should be left out of the team.

he has earned his place, there is no question. but a case can be put forward for all of the big guys we've mentioned.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#78 » by paul » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:41 am

he has earned his place, there is no question. but a case can be put forward for all of the big guys we've mentioned.

What Andrew Gaze would have given to have had this current crop of big men to play with when he was at his peak. Seems to be very unusual for Australia to have good bigs and average guards, normally the other way around. I suppose he did have Longley, although as I recall I don't think Longley played for the Aussie's all that often.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#79 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:19 am

paul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What Andrew Gaze would have given to have had this current crop of big men to play with when he was at his peak. Seems to be very unusual for Australia to have good bigs and average guards, normally the other way around. I suppose he did have Longley, although as I recall I don't think Longley played for the Aussie's all that often.

I guess you can just bogusly
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#80 » by paul » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:34 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess you can just bogusly

Return to Milwaukee Bucks