ImageImage

This Year's Charge Numbers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,945

Post#21 » by stillgotgame » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:51 pm

Redd took 6 charges all year. Thats 1 charge for every 450 minutes played. :roll:
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#22 » by crkone » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Umm... is Conley even better than Sessions? I would rather have a proven commodity come back when giving a proven yet inconsistent commodity.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#23 » by Chapter29 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:46 am

When Bogut was taking all those charges last year I criticized him for looking too much for the charge. He seldom challenged shots and blocked very few. I thought during the offseason that he needed to work on challenging shots but worried it would come at the expense of taking charges. He needed to play much more aggressive, but he had to play smarter defense to do both well. Our underachieving C had his work cut out for him.

Holy cow, he did it.

A solid shot blocker (more importantly simply challenging shots) who can get position on you consistently and does a good job with his on ball defense. I am just thrilled with Bogut and his development at this point. The one bright spot on this team. Outside of coaching and GM now.

In regards to this trade discussion. CV & 7 for Conley would be the next best thing to landing Rose. Whom I would give even more for. I don't think thats a bad offer though. Not sure I do Yi & 7 to be honest. I think Yi is worth more on the marketing side then this. Conley and Sessions? Not bad at all. Then Mo for Haslem.

CV for Lowery? I just don't see the love for this guy. I don't think so. Duhon as a FA is a better option, but neither excite me.

Packaging a some of our assets together in a bigger trade is what I would like to see. Something to the effect where we feel that we landed the best player in the deal. Add Yi and/or our pick plus a chuckster for example.

I think many of you want to try a send Simmons or Gadz to a Redd or Mo deal which I don't disagree with in principle, but that takes away from the deal of course and lowers the return on the main asset. Essentially the deal becomes moving a bad contract. I would rather get a better asset in return.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#24 » by xTitan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:53 am

When talking about Bogut's defense in addition to the charges and blocked shots are the number of alters that come with shot blocking...that can't be ignored as well.

This may be worth a thread of its own but I am not sure I would trade Session for Conley straight up, I for sure would not trade Sessions for Lowry.

Also if Redd ends up staying with the Bucks I really think you need to find a 3 with a handle, Redd is a very poor ball handler and watching the playoffs you need to have a couple ball handlers on the floor....Francisco Garcia comes to mind.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,003

Post#25 » by midranger » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:55 am

Good on Bogut. We've needed a defensive playmaker for sometime. Bogut's got the makings of a decent one in the frontcourt. Now what we need is that long, athletic guy to shoot passing lanes and ignite the break with steals. Francisco Garcia fits the bill.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Reggie White
Junior
And1: 5

Post#26 » by Reggie White » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:57 am

I'm actually hoping that Bogut has FEWER blocks next year ... due to the fact that he will have fewer opportunities because our guards and forwards will actually defend the guys they're supposed to cover ... and not play "OLE!" defense.
BuckUp
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#27 » by BuckUp » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:36 am

stillgotgame wrote:Redd took 6 charges all year. Thats 1 charge for every 450 minutes played. :roll:

Dude, you trying to pimp Redd's D or sumthn'? I bet you think that just because Redd (6) had 116% more charges drawn than Artest (5) that he's a 116% better deffender??? Get real... sheesh! :roll:
All I know is just what I read in the papers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance.
- Will Rogers

Return to Milwaukee Bucks