ImageImage

Put in a bid for Dirk or Amare

Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#21 » by Nowak008 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:06 am

Rockmaninoff wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Nash has always been a bad defender. The difference is that Marion used to guard the point guard, while also providing weakside help defense at the rim. Hill and Giricik aren't quite as effective.

Good point.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#22 » by stellation » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:06 am

Good point. If we can get the rights to Tractor I say trade him back to Dallas for for Dirk... BUT we only do this if Dallas gets Garrity back to include in the trade. No way I do Dirk for Tractor straight up.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#23 » by jeremyd236 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:01 am

BlueJeep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Top 5 least players in the league for me all time(not in any order)

1. Antoine Walker
2. Jerry Stackhouse
3. Paul Peirce
4. Melo
5. Deshawn Stevensen

1. Tim Duncan/Manu Ginobli/Toni Parker
2. Iverson
3. Tayshaun Prince
4. Dirk
5. Kobe
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#24 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:15 am

Yi, Redd, Villanueva and our lottery pick
for
Amare Stoudamire, AlandoTucker and Suns #1? ]

Same package for Dirk? But I dont want Dirk...

But anyone for Amare! Hell, trade the whole team for him if you ask me.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#25 » by paul » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:38 am

jeremyd236 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1. Tim Duncan/Manu Ginobli/Toni Parker
2. Iverson
3. Tayshaun Prince
4. Dirk
5. Kobe

1. Iverson
2. Dirk
3. Bill Lambier (Hated him so much he still ranks this highly)
4. Melo
5. Kobe
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#26 » by Newz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:46 am

Sigra wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe. But I trust my eyes. And if I decide to not trust my eyes then I will trust Mark Jackson and JVG who spent all night talking about Nash's mistakes and how terrible defender he is.

If you trust your eyes then watch Amare Stoudamire, he is a terrible defensive player as well... As are all of the players on the Suns aside from Bell, Shaq and Diaw.
BlueJeep
Junior
And1: 0

Post#27 » by BlueJeep » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:07 am

WOW, Iverson and Kobe make 2 lists

I can see a few people not liking Iverson, but Kobe, that stuns me, i dont specifically like him but i no way in hell hate him
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings
howe070523
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#28 » by howe070523 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:14 am

paul wrote: I just don't like him

Amen.
howe070523
Pro Prospect

Post#29 » by howe070523 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:16 am

showtimesam wrote:I'll take Dirk any day...
He's been the best player on a team that made it to the finals. I think any time the bucks have a chance to aquire a guy like that, they'd have to take it.

He also choked big time in last years playoffs.
howe070523
Pro Prospect

Re: Put in a bid for Dirk or Amare 

Post#30 » by howe070523 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:24 am

Sigra wrote:
Combine that with his age and he is clearly the one to be traded. Amare is young weapon and he is going nowhere. The guy is young, big, quick, strong, has jump shot, great hands and great finishing in paint. He is scorers of all scorers and great weapon. He is going nowhere. He is defense is bad but you can hide one bad defender.

Thats true, hes going nowhere.
At the same time with him being the best player on suns, they are going nowhere either. You CANT hide 1 bad defender...hang on second, hes not a bad defender, you cant call a guy who has absolutely no interest in playing defense a bad defender.
Spurs are 3-0 because Suns can't stop guards. Suns are good inside but not outside./
Its because they cant stop any of them. Shaq is too old to stop Duncan, Amare has 0 impact on the defensive end. Spurs kept running high PnRs ,Nash(another defensive liability) switch with Shaq in every possession --- what do you expect? Blow-out loss.

Redd and Mo for Nash and Diaw? How about that?

Why would they do it? Its not like they gonna start re-building, even if they do, they wouldnt even remotely consider Redd and Mo or any of Bucks player not named Bogut/Yi. Nash+Diaw could score them a top3 pick easily.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#31 » by paul » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:52 pm

BlueJeep wrote:WOW, Iverson and Kobe make 2 lists

I can see a few people not liking Iverson, but Kobe, that stuns me, i dont specifically like him but i no way in hell hate him

Yeah I must admit Kobe has grown on me a bit, if I'd made this list a few years ago he would have been number 2 behind AI. It was his attitude in his early years, that whole me first thing, the blowups with shaq, the 'him or me' attitude etc, I just can't handle guys like that no matter how good they are, and he is very very good.

As far as Iverson goes, for me basketball fans of the 90's were either Kidd fans or AI fans. You either loved the guy who played the fundamentals to a level rarely seen in recent times, or the guy who did absolutely anything to get a shot, played for his own shot and did it while talking smack and wearing cornrows. As that heavily biased statement clearly shows, I was a Kidd fan. Ask Scott Williams if he was a fan of AI.....

Sigra wrote:Combine that with his age and he is clearly the one to be traded. Amare is young weapon and he is going nowhere.

Just on this point of 'Amare won't be traded' that's been made a few times here, wasn't Amare offered to the bucks before the shaq trade for Bogut and CV? If they go out in one I definitely don't see him being untouchable. I'm a little unsure on him, he's an offensive beast for sure but his defense is a big concern, Bogut and Bynum among many others owned the guy this season.
MILILL
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#32 » by MILILL » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:31 pm

showtimesam wrote:I liked the Redd/Yi/7th pick for Dirk that you brought up earlier. We could also try that same package for Amare.

From there, I think the challenge after that would be bringing in some athleticism at the sf spot. However we'd still have Mo and CV as trade bait.

I'd still do the Mo for Haslem trade, and then try sending CV to the sixers for Carney. And I'd finish the offseason off by signing Duhon to a two year deal.

Sessions/Duhon
Bell/Mason
Carney/Simmons
Dirk/Haslem
Bogut/Haslem

I think thats a nice 9 man rotation, and you can't under estimate the effect a guy like Dirk would have on the bucks in the eastern conference.

I like this..
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by bayrdbandit » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:17 am

i love hating people i don't know...

1. vince carter
2. kobe
3. iverson
4. melo
5. ricky davis
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#34 » by Nowak008 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:27 am

We need to add Bosh to this list as well. He is by far their most untouchable player, but with the way they have struggled you never know.

Mason
Yi
CV
Bell
08 1st
10 1st

Sessions/Mo
Redd/Mo
Who cares
Bosh/Ruffin
Bogut/Gadz

:pray:
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#35 » by Max Green » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:53 am

No way in hell Cuban allows Dirk to be traded, especially for Redd. I can't see Amare being traded now that the Shaq trade clearly backfired, unless Kerr decides to rebuild. Which they should'nt do at this point.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by bayrdbandit » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:01 am

i think sigra got it right. amare is one of the best young talents in the league. you don't trade him, you trade other pieces. i think nash would be gone well before amare.

i'd take nash in a heartbeat.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks