ImageImage

TI: Michael Redd for Thad Young

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Trade 

Post#21 » by Badgerlander » Fri May 2, 2008 3:20 pm

I think it might be easier to get Amare out of Phoenix for Redd & CV. I'd even swap 1st round picks to get it done.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: Trade 

Post#22 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 2, 2008 3:22 pm

DocHoliday wrote:I think it might be easier to get Amare out of Phoenix for Redd & CV. I'd even swap 1st round picks to get it done.

I think you're nuts. If there is any player on the Suns that is untouchable right now, it's Amare.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#23 » by Rockmaninoff » Fri May 2, 2008 3:33 pm

showtimesam wrote:I was scoping out the Philly board and one of their fans suggested:

Carney and the 16th pick

For

Charlie Villanueva plus a 2nd rounder.

I think that trade is a slam dunk for the bucks. Carney is a guy that can step in at SF that has lots of upside and the bucks also get a nice mid round pick (16).

Supreme Hustle mentioned this earlier, and I've been talking about trading Villanueva to the 76ers for the last year. But this version of the deal is the cream of the crop.

What are you talking about LUKE? Carney, CDR, and your boy Westbrook would be an excellent off season. Add in a White or Dorsey and things are really looking up.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Re: Trade 

Post#24 » by Badgerlander » Fri May 2, 2008 3:34 pm

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think you're nuts. If there is any player on the Suns that is untouchable right now, it's Amare.

Maybe I am, but he is a selfish player that has been ripping the coach and has a locker room presence similar to Mo's. He was rumored to be on the block last year. He is a good player but he has warts. Josh Howard is probably the easiest trade out there, or Baron Davis. With Davis they are looking for cap space to sign their two young studs though so I don't know that they'd take Redd.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: TI: Michael Redd for Thad Young 

Post#25 » by Chapter29 » Fri May 2, 2008 3:34 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:This one was hatched by a couple guys on the playoffs thread last night. It is my favorite Redd trade to date.

Philly is sitting on a ton of cap room this offseason. You can make an argument that given Andre Miller's age they need to make a run now.

They could absorb Redd's $15.7 million salary after July 1st and still re-sign Iggy. Have Iggy play SF. Redd play SG.

I'm not sure what Philly's plans are with that cap room. If Marion and Brand don't opt out would they do this deal?

Would you as a Buck fan do this deal?

I like this better than Josh Howard because Thad Young is much younger and we get a ton of salary flexibility. If Philly doesn't want Redd, you could have them get Josh Howard in a three-way with Dallas.

I really like Young. I would do this. They would not because of salary.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#26 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 2, 2008 3:37 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Supreme Hustle mentioned this earlier, and I've been talking about trading Villanueva to the 76ers for the last year. But this version of the deal is the cream of the crop.

What are you talking about LUKE? Carney, CDR, and your boy Westbrook would be an excellent off season. Add in a White or Dorsey and things are really looking up.

Carney is really nothing special. Like I said, I'm not that opposed to the deal but not that excited about it either. CV is likely better than anyone we get at #16.

I don't know why people are high on Carney. He's really just a very good athlete at this point, not much else.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#27 » by Sigra » Fri May 2, 2008 3:58 pm

I prefer Josh Howard
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#28 » by europa » Fri May 2, 2008 4:05 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Here's a revised deal that to me is more than fair to Philly and Dallas if for some reason Philly was hesitant.

Milwaukee sends:
Redd, CV

Milwaukee gets:
Thad Young
Brandon Bass
Eddie Jones (for contract purposes)

Philly sends
Thad Young

Philly receives
Josh Howard
CV

Dallas sends:
Josh Howard
Brandon Bass
Eddie Jones (for contract purposes)

Dallas receives:
Michael Redd

Isn't that pretty much a home run for us? And a good deal for Dallas? And while Thad Young has great potential, doesn't adding Josh Howard and CV instantly make them much tougher the next two years while Andre Miller still has something left in the tank?

I'd rather deal Redd for Howard/Stackhouse but if that couldn't happen I'd definitely make this trade. Then find a taker for Mo which hopefully brings back a solid player, add the lottery pick and you're off and running.

I do think Hammond should pull out all the stops to see if he can deal Redd for Howard. Despite his issues, Howard is a legit All-Star caliber SF. I don't know if Young will reach the All-Star level so while he and Bass would provide two solid pieces, Howard has the most potential to provide a great one.

As others have said, I'm not sure the Sixers would make this deal. It's not so much the salary issues in my mind but rather the fact they had a great finish to the season and may believe they have a strong core group in place that just needs more pieces. Young is part of that youthful core so rather than mess around by bringing in a talented but major wild card in Howard, they may want to stay the course and allow their young players to continue to develop.

And showtime, I'd be all over Villanueva/2nd for Carney and the Sixers' first. At 16, you could draft Douglas-Roberts or Rush and add a potentially solid swingman to the mix.
Nothing will not break me.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#29 » by InsideOut » Fri May 2, 2008 5:09 pm

Give me Howard as I think he brings much more to the table as a #1 option. When Dirk missed about 2 weeks Howard averaged 28.5/7.5/3 and they won more games than they lost. This is just another example of what other guys can do when the #1 option is out. My guess is a lot of guys in the league could put up great numbers if they had been the #1 option on the Bucks. Now factor in Howard makes 6 million a season less than Redd and we come out way ahead.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#30 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 2, 2008 5:10 pm

The key to the deal is from Philly's perspective what they want to do with their cap room. Miller only has 2-3 more years left in him (if that). They need to go for a win now mode IMO. Add a Redd or Josh Howard/CV and they've got a lot more firepower for next year.
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#31 » by DH34Phan » Fri May 2, 2008 5:23 pm

Dallas gives up JHo and Bass for Michael Redd? Doubtful, but Cuban is known to make stupid trades.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#32 » by fam3381 » Fri May 2, 2008 5:29 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:The key to the deal is from Philly's perspective what they want to do with their cap room. Miller only has 2-3 more years left in him (if that). They need to go for a win now mode IMO. Add a Redd or Josh Howard/CV and they've got a lot more firepower for next year.

Dalembert is 26, Iggy 24, Williams 21, Young 19, Carney 24. That's a young team that happens to have an older PG, who's been very good for them but isn't an elite player either.

The cap situation is a unique opportunity, but they probably want to pick their spots (see what the Bucks did with Simmons). I could see them giving up Williams/Carney to bring in a more proven guy but Young just seems to have too much upside to take a go-for-broke approach.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#33 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri May 2, 2008 6:23 pm

The one thing that the 76ers are missing is an elite shooter. I agree that Redd to the 76ers is an interesting cap room opportunity.

Unfortunately, Thad Young is the future there. Iggy is about to get a near-max deal, and Young is going to be every bit the player that Redd is (at least if you count his defense) without owing something like 50 million dollars on his contract.

I think it is a good fit, but that the 76ers would probably prefer to pick up a big contract through free agency without losing Thad Young.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#34 » by Nebula1 » Fri May 2, 2008 7:17 pm

I don't think it's a good idea to trade Redd. I'd like to see what he can do with a real coach and real point guard. If it still isn't working, then move him. But it's foolish to move him right now.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#35 » by Nowak008 » Fri May 2, 2008 8:12 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:This one was hatched by a Nowak008 in the playoffs thread last night.

Fixed. :)

I fully endorse this thread. I would even take back Evan's Bell like contract if they wanted.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#36 » by InsideOut » Fri May 2, 2008 8:29 pm

Nebula1 wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to trade Redd. I'd like to see what he can do with a real coach and real point guard. If it still isn't working, then move him. But it's foolish to move him right now.

So what would you expect to see from Redd with a real coach and real point guard?
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#37 » by Sigra » Fri May 2, 2008 8:32 pm

Nebula1 wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to trade Redd. I'd like to see what he can do with a real coach and real point guard. If it still isn't working, then move him.

If it still isn't working then he will be untradable (or we could get very little for him). The only reason why we can get something now is because there are still people like you who have that kind of hope for him.

However, there is large group of us who already know that he is not going to play defense no metter who is his coach and PG and he is not going to dribble without looking at ball no metter who is his coach and PG and he is not going to play team ball no metter who is his coach and PG and he is not going to play under control when pressure is on etc. For this large group it's foolish to not move him right now.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#38 » by Nebula1 » Fri May 2, 2008 8:34 pm

InsideOut wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So what would you expect to see from Redd with a real coach and real point guard?

Michael has always been very coachable, however he's never had a coach other than Karl.

I'd like to see what kind of player he can be for a season with a real direction for this franchise and coaching staff.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#39 » by Nebula1 » Fri May 2, 2008 8:42 pm

My basic philosophy is that you fix your weakest link. Redd is not the worst player on the team.

I've brought this up before, but the Bucks have 2.75 guys who can score.

1. Redd
2. Villanueva
.5 Bogut
.75 Sessions, Simmons, etc.

Everybody wants to get rid of the first 2 guys to improve defense, but you have to outscore your opponent to win the game.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#40 » by worthlessBucks » Fri May 2, 2008 8:44 pm

Nowak008 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fixed. :)

I fully endorse this thread. I would even take back Evan's Bell like contract if they wanted.

Evans had a really good playoffs, I doubt he's going to be moved unless it's absolutely necessary. The Sixers will be stoked if they can get that type of performance out of Reggie for next year.
Go Bucks!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks