Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Bucks.com: Assistant Coach hirings finalized 

Post#1 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 14, 2008 5:10 pm

Bucks name Boylan, Hollins, Sampson and Wolf to coaching staff

May 14, 2008

MILWAUKEE -- General Manager John Hammond announced today that Jim Boylan, Lionel Hollins, Kelvin Sampson and Joe Wolf will join Scott Skiles
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#2 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 14, 2008 5:19 pm

In essense, John "maintenance man" Hammond finalized 7 contracts in less than 24 hours. The man has been working hard.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Bucks_Revenge » Wed May 14, 2008 5:29 pm

I know next season is long away but I really love this coaching staff...

a coaching staff can make the difference from a team like the Suns and a team like the Spurs.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#4 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed May 14, 2008 5:33 pm

What the heck are they talking about Charlie Villanueva winning a gold medal?

I don't get it
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#5 » by DanoMac » Wed May 14, 2008 6:35 pm

The "maintenance man" nickname has got to stop. He's doing what GM's do, his job.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#6 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 14, 2008 6:44 pm

DannoMac20 wrote:The "maintenance man" nickname has got to stop. He's doing what GM's do, his job.
Although he is doing what a GM is supposed to do, he is also in charge of cleaning up multiple messes that the cronies, Senator Kohl and other GM's... so the maintenance man part definitely fits for right now.

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#7 » by Bernman » Wed May 14, 2008 7:23 pm

I went to two of Joe Wolf's basketball camps at Lakeland College (Sheboygan area) between the ages of 14-15 years. If any big man could teach Drew or Gadz how to shoot it's him (I wonder if that's why he was hired?) He has one of the prettier outside shots I've seen from anyone near 7 feet tall. During the group sessions he'd be giving instruction about the proper form on the shot, and he'd just matter of factly sink one three after another between sentences.

He can comfort players after Skiles inevitably reams them out too. Their personalities compliment each other well. Wolf is one of the nicer guys you'll meet. Even though I didn't have much personal interaction with him the first camp, when I returned for the 2nd camp he remembered my name. My roommate and I conspired to bring about 15 basketball cards, line them up on a desk, and when he'd arrive for room checks, we could goof on him with the homage to Joe Wolf. He was a great sport about it. During and after basketball, he made soft serve at a Dairy Queen in Sheboygan Falls, he owned. He and CBQ would be perfect for each other. CarmelBrownQueen meet VanillaWhiteKing. A twist cone made in heaven.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#8 » by fam3381 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:25 pm

DannoMac20 wrote:The "maintenance man" nickname has got to stop. He's doing what GM's do, his job.

I would strongly prefer "janitor" since it's less cumbersome to say.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#9 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed May 14, 2008 8:43 pm

Bernman wrote:I went to two of Joe Wolf's basketball camps at Lakeland College (Sheboygan area) between the ages of 14-15 years. If any big man could teach Drew or Gadz how to shoot it's him (I wonder if that's why he was hired?) He has one of the prettier outside shots I've seen from anyone near 7 feet tall. During the group sessions he'd be giving instruction about the proper form on the shot, and he'd just matter of factly sink one three after another between sentences.

He can comfort players after Skiles inevitably reams them out too. Their personalities compliment each other well. Wolf is one of the nicer guys you'll meet. Even though I didn't have much personal interaction with him the first camp, when I returned for the 2nd camp he remembered my name. My roommate and I conspired to bring about 15 basketball cards, line them up on a desk, and when he'd arrive for room checks, we could goof on him with the homage to Joe Wolf. He was a great sport about it. During and after basketball, he made soft serve at a Dairy Queen in Sheboygan Falls, he owned. He and CBQ would be perfect for each other. CarmelBrownQueen meet VanillaWhiteKing. A twist cone made in heaven.
:lol:

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#10 » by Sigra » Thu May 15, 2008 7:24 am

fam3381 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I would strongly prefer "janitor" since it's less cumbersome to say.

Then Janitor it is. But only if he does this kind of things with players as well.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#11 » by midranger » Thu May 15, 2008 7:38 am

I believe "Maintenance Person" is more PC.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#12 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu May 15, 2008 8:57 am

I myself, am a master of the custodial arts. Or a janitor, if you wanna be a dick about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxD8SLyOCHE
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#13 » by THE DINJ » Thu May 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Even Boylan made LK look like a monkey in that last home game vs Chicago, so I guess I'm pleased.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks