ImageImage

Would you guys trade Michael Redd for Iguodala?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#41 » by europa » Mon May 19, 2008 3:20 am

Debit One wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed, but of the teams that you listed they probably have the least to offer in exchange.

The Cavs have nothing I want other than LeBron obviously. I hope like hell Hammond doesn't trade Redd for crap and expirings. I'd rather see the Bucks keep him than just give him away for garbage.

I think the Jazz are a very strong possibility if Hammond becomes inclined to trade Redd. They could use him and best of all they have some quality assets to offer in a trade. You could argue the Cavs' second-best player is Joe Smith for cryin out loud. Other than LeBron, the Cavs are freaking awful. It's truly a credit to how great LeBron is that team gets as far as it does each season.
Nothing will not break me.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#42 » by Newz » Mon May 19, 2008 5:06 pm

If we could get Iggy for 9-10 million a year in this sort of deal then yes, but if we have to give him anything more than that I would say no.

He's a very solid player, I still think Redd is much better than he is though.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#43 » by L&H_05 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:They need to keep Evans, as he is their enforcer up front.

After today, Redd to Cleveland continues to make the most sense from the acquiring team's point of view IMO (versus Philly, Utah, Dallas, etc. )
Dude, I need some Mo Williams in my life...

Redd ? No

Mo ? Yeah
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#44 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon May 19, 2008 6:09 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Cavs have nothing I want other than LeBron obviously. I hope like hell Hammond doesn't trade Redd for crap and expirings. I'd rather see the Bucks keep him than just give him away for garbage.
I think the Jazz are a very strong possibility if Hammond becomes inclined to trade Redd. They could use him and best of all they have some quality assets to offer in a trade. You could argue the Cavs' second-best player is Joe Smith for cryin out loud. Other than LeBron, the Cavs are freaking awful. It's truly a credit to how great LeBron is that team gets as far as it does each season.

I believe that Hammond/Skiles (experienced leaders) were brought in to win NOW.

If Kohl wanted to gut the team of salary and go into complete rebuild mode. He would've gone cheap on the coach and GM.

He didn't and I am not worried at all about Hammond "dumping" Mo and/or Redd.

If they are moved, it's because they found the right deal.

All these Cleveland dump deals, will never come to fruition.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#45 » by LUKE23 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:10 pm

L&H_05 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Dude, I need some Mo Williams in my life...

Redd ? No

Mo ? Yeah

If you guys had Redd you likely beat Boston. I know it pains you to say it, but Redd would be an ideal fit in Cleveland playing off of a ball-handling superstar.

That said, if you had Mo you might have also beat Boston. The Cavs just have zero secondary scoring options if Z is out of the game, and that guy looks more washed up than ever.
europa
RealGM

Post#46 » by europa » Mon May 19, 2008 6:11 pm

Mo/Bucks' second for Varejao/first/filler and it's done. Finding the filler to make this deal works is where it gets tricky but if you can do it, Mo's all yours.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#47 » by L&H_05 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:23 pm

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you guys had Redd you likely beat Boston. I know it pains you to say it, but Redd would be an ideal fit in Cleveland playing off of a ball-handling superstar.

That said, if you had Mo you might have also beat Boston. The Cavs just have zero secondary scoring options if Z is out of the game, and that guy looks more washed up than ever.
There's something you're clearly not understanding here... I know Press continually says, I'm frustrated that Redd didn't sign here 3 years ago, and that's why I don't want him blah, blah ,blah--as if I'm being stubborn here...

It's not the case.. I would take him in a nano second if I truly believed he was the missing piece..

My problem with Redd on the Cavs is it promotes more spot up shooting... LBJ is at his most effective when he's not isolated at the top, with spot up shooters... That promotes a stagnant offense... Redd does nothing in this offense but provide more of that...

Mo on the other hand allows LBJ to play OFF THE BALL... It's a much more dangerous proposition for the other team's defense in the long run.. More post up's for LBJ, and also allows LBJ to play in pick and roll situations...

Do I think Redd is a better player than Mo ?? Yeah, I would say so.. Not by much, but he probably is..

But in terms of FIT... I think Mo fits better..

Europa-

Done... In fact, I would even consider taking Gadz for Mo... Not for Redd, but maybe for Mo..

Mo is a terrible fit on the Bucks.. You guys need a traditional PG... The Cavs do not..
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#48 » by showtimesam » Mon May 19, 2008 6:28 pm

I definitely think Mo/Gadz for Varejao/expiring salary guy (damon jones?) would be a deal that would greatly benefit all parties.

The bucks get a legitimate backup F/C to log 25 to 30 minutes a night along with some salary flexibility to help ease re-upping Bogut to a long term deal.

Meanwhile the Cavs get a great piece at PG. I also think Mo and Delonte West would be a very nice backcourt with Delonte playing SG as opposed to point.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#49 » by LUKE23 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:30 pm

L&H_05 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There's something you're clearly not understanding here... I know Press continually says, I'm frustrated that Redd didn't sign here 3 years ago, and that's why I don't want him blah, blah ,blah--as if I'm being stubborn here...

It's not the case.. I would take him in a nano second if I truly believed he was the missing piece..

My problem with Redd on the Cavs is it promotes more spot up shooting... LBJ is at his most effective when he's not isolated at the top, with spot up shooters... That promotes a stagnant offense... Redd does nothing in this offense but provide more of that...

Mo on the other hand allows LBJ to play OFF THE BALL... It's a much more dangerous proposition for the other team's defense in the long run.. More post up's for LBJ, and also allows LBJ to play in pick and roll situations...

Do I think Redd is a better player than Mo ?? Yeah, I would say so.. Not by much, but he probably is..

But in terms of FIT... I think Mo fits better..

Europa-

Done... In fact, I would even consider taking Gadz for Mo... Not for Redd, but maybe for Mo..

Mo is a terrible fit on the Bucks.. You guys need a traditional PG... The Cavs do not..

Agree with most of that outside of utilizing LeBron in post ups, that is probably the only area of his game right now that is not very refined at all. I just think Redd is less of a liability on D, even though he's not a good individual defender, and Redd is a better guy than Mo to have out on the floor as a primary scorer when LeBron is out of the game.

Either way, the Cavs need another guy that can put up 20+ on a consistent basis.
europa
RealGM

Post#50 » by europa » Mon May 19, 2008 6:54 pm

Redd's ability to get to the line and draw fouls would also be a huge complement to LeBron's game - assuming Redd regains the fourth-quarter form he showed not long ago. And while I understand L&H's point about LeBron playing off the ball, in crunch time I wouldn't want LeBron playing off the ball. I'd want him with the ball at the top of the key where he can create for himself or teammates. If the Cavs put the ball in anyone else's hands in crunch time, that's a huge advantage for the defense.

There were some instances yesterday in the fourth quarter, for example, when West had the ball and dribbled and dribbled and dribbled and couldn't get the ball to LeBron. That's a wasted possession and you can't have that in the fourth quarter of a close playoff game. Now Mo's a better player than West, but I'd still much rather put the ball in his hands than LeBron's. I'll gladly allow that to happen from a defensive perspective.
InsideOut
Lead Assistant
And1: 534

Post#51 » by InsideOut » Mon May 19, 2008 7:42 pm

Mo vs Redd is debatable but it's not just Mo vs. Redd. It's Mo plus another $8 million player vs. Redd.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#52 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon May 19, 2008 7:50 pm

Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#53 » by Johnny Newman » Mon May 19, 2008 8:42 pm

I noticed on the trade board and Cavs board. Theres alot of love and hate for Mo and Redd. They could be a trading partner if we want expirings. Besides in that one trade they also take Simmons and Gadz.

One of there trades is Redd,Simmons,Gadz for Wally,Snow,Jones,Pavlovic,1st rounder.

other offer which we pretty much discussed here a millions times is Sczcerbiak, Snow and Varejao for Redd and Gadzuric. Maybe throw in some 2nd round pick, too, maybe.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#54 » by paulpressey25 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:58 pm

L&H, I don't think you are correct in characterizing Redd as a spot up shooter. He's the opposite of that. He's a guy who can get to the line 8-10 times a game, drive, create. Basically he's a poor man's LeBron. He's exactly what you needed yesterday.

If you get Mo your problem is that then you've conceded terrible defense at the PG position which will kill you in the playoffs. The Cav's can afford Redd. He's a bargain compared to what the Magic are paying a guy like Rashard Lewis. Redd right now is an undervalued asset playing in our mess. The guy just isn't a leader, but he'd thrive next to LeBron.

But if you want Mo for Varajao and your first, done deal.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#55 » by Johnny Newman » Mon May 19, 2008 9:02 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:L&H, I don't think you are correct in characterizing Redd as a spot up shooter. He's the opposite of that. He's a guy who can get to the line 8-10 times a game, drive, create. Basically he's a poor man's LeBron. He's exactly what you needed yesterday.

If you get Mo your problem is that then you've conceded terrible defense at the PG position which will kill you in the playoffs. The Cav's can afford Redd. He's a bargain compared to what the Magic are paying a guy like Rashard Lewis. Redd right now is an undervalued asset playing in our mess. The guy just isn't a leader, but he'd thrive next to LeBron.

But if you want Mo for Varajao and your first, done deal.
I would consider Mo for Varajao and a pick.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#56 » by jerrod » Mon May 19, 2008 9:04 pm

i gotta say, i'm shocked that so many people are willing to trade a non elite max contract sg for another (albeit overall better player) non elite max (or near) sg.

i thought we weren't happy paying that much for that kind of player?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#57 » by LUKE23 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:12 pm

jerrod wrote:i gotta say, i'm shocked that so many people are willing to trade a non elite max contract sg for another (albeit overall better player) non elite max (or near) sg.

If you're talking about Iguodala, he's no question a significantly more valuable player than Redd. Look at what he did with a very poor Philly supporting cast this year, outside of Miller.

Just because Iguodala is not "elite" does not mean he's in the same salary level as Redd. That's ridiculous.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#58 » by paulpressey25 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:15 pm

jerrod wrote:i gotta say, i'm shocked that so many people are willing to trade a non elite max contract sg for another (albeit overall better player) non elite max (or near) sg.

People like how Iggy dunks. That's really what it comes down to.

But if we found out that he was getting a 6-year/$80/$90mm contract I think we'd see more "no's" here.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#59 » by LUKE23 » Mon May 19, 2008 9:16 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

People like how Iggy dunks. That's really what it comes down to.

But if we found out that he was getting a 6-year/$80/$90mm contract I think we'd see more "no's" here.

That isn't it at all. Iguodala can create for others and he's a damn good defender, on top of being able to score 20 per night. How many guys in the league average 20/5/5 with 2 steals a night?

Iggy is a damn fine player. Easily a level above Redd.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#60 » by emunney » Mon May 19, 2008 9:24 pm

I've been a huge Iggy fan since the first time I saw him set foot on the floor in Tucson. He does it all. If it was just about the dunks, we'd be clamoring to just trade Redd for whatever and start Mason.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks