Mo Nation Article: Bucks

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Mo Nation Article: Bucks 

Post#1 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon May 19, 2008 3:55 pm

Bucks
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
MzWhitney
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#2 » by MzWhitney » Mon May 19, 2008 3:57 pm

U beat me to it!! :D
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#3 » by emunney » Mon May 19, 2008 4:00 pm

Kang Seung-woo wrote:In 2007, the speedy 1.85-meter Williams, who is a consistent 3-point shooter in addition to having a knack for getting to the foul line, signed a free agent contract with the Bucks worth $51.5 million over six years.

Another example of how statistics lie. If you just look at how many times Mo gets to the free throw line, it seems like he's really bad at drawing fouls. Fortunately, this NBA-savvy reporter from Korea saw through the bull ****.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#4 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon May 19, 2008 4:50 pm

He wasn't a big fan of Kryskowiak and doesn't seem willing to hide that fact.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#5 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon May 19, 2008 4:51 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:He wasn't a big fan of Kryskowiak and doesn't seem willing to hide that fact.

Was anyone a fan of LK besides Royal Ivey and Michael Ruffin?
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#6 » by aboveAverage » Mon May 19, 2008 8:41 pm

How does this show that he's ready to rebound? It's just a synopsis of mo's NBA career, with one statement about krystkowiak. He's still the same old mo.
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#7 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Tue May 20, 2008 11:29 am

aboveAverage wrote:How does this show that he's ready to rebound? It's just a synopsis of mo's NBA career, with one statement about krystkowiak. He's still the same old mo.
I am confused as well.

How does that say he is ready to rebound...All he said is he is here only because we offered the most money!

He didnt mentioned nothing about wins and coming back to help this team win or the players to get better under his leadership, nor did he use the reporters question to communicate that.

All he mentions was the money he got to come back here and then blame the losing seasons on the coach (who he failed to mention that he too is the leader on the floor) and not the frickin point guard who is supposed to lead the team and share the blame!

He took absolutely no respondsiblity at all for the teams poor play and the fact he could not lead by playing hurt and staying healthy and in shape.

If you read into the article it tells you all you need to know about him and the fact that he is nothing more then a guy who is better suited to come off the bench as a 6th man with the second group!

He can not lead a team, run a team, or set up or get others involved first rather then himself. That is not his personality, his makeup or what got him to where he is.

He has been a player who plays off of others to find his own shot! And in fantasy leagues and the NBA in contract years, that is what shallow fans and GM's and their agents look at and quantify as success.

Numbers is what gets you paid and set up. It should be wins. But it is not.
It is NUMBERS over ...wins and substance!

It is that simple. And if he starts for your team YOU WON'T WIN ANY GAMES!

That is the bottom line. No knock on him....he got paid and he got his cheese... Good for him. But he can't even get his team to .500 as the starter.

That is not hatin' that is a fact!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#8 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 20, 2008 11:57 am

I really hope we can trade him. The sooner the better.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#9 » by smauss » Tue May 20, 2008 1:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I really hope we can trade him. The sooner the better.

:nod:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#10 » by paul » Tue May 20, 2008 3:47 pm

This is where we'll get the fire back from LK towards Mo if the anger hasn't fully disapated in him. He shot back at Redd after Redd made comments directly towards him, will be interesting to see if he does with Mo or if the dust has already settled. That was a pretty boring read.
MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#11 » by MajorDad » Tue May 20, 2008 4:15 pm

i will agree with every poster in this thread. it's nice tha t M o was a second round pick and has made it in the NBA and got a nice contract. it's nice of him to dis the past coach after he was fired. he likes the bucks because of the money they gave him.

it would be nice if Mo was at a basketbll camp in milwaukee rather tha n one in korea. that makes me ask how much did the people in korea pay him to go there? I have to believe CV also went to korea for the money.

i have to wonder if Mo and Cv develop a great relationship over the off season, how will that affect Mo's distribution of the ball to other bucks big players such as Yi and bogut and the smal l forward - Simmons or mason? Will Mo start looking to Cv as his firs t option, after himself - of course.

When a guy says he wants to rebound, I would expect him to say what things didn't work in the past and how he expects to fix those areas. he did touch on lack of leadership, but didn't say where he expected that leadership to come from. On most successful teams, that leadership comes from the players and the coach's job is to keep the players' egos in check. leadership very seldom comes from the coach. Is Mo expecting Skiles to provide leadership?
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#12 » by jerrod » Tue May 20, 2008 4:53 pm

MajorDad wrote:
it would be nice if Mo was at a basketbll camp in milwaukee rather tha n one in korea. that makes me ask how much did the people in korea pay him to go there? I have to believe CV also went to korea for the money.

i wasn't gonna post in this thread but this is flat out insane.

MajorDad wrote:i have to wonder if Mo and Cv develop a great relationship over the off season, how will that affect Mo's distribution of the ball to other bucks big players such as Yi and bogut and the smal l forward - Simmons or mason? Will Mo start looking to Cv as his firs t option, after himself - of course.

oh yeah, because a week in korea dwarfs the 9 months he just spent with every member of the team

Return to Milwaukee Bucks