Woelfel: Redd, CV on the Block; Ersan Likely to Return

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Woelfel: Redd, CV on the Block; Ersan Likely to Return 

Post#1 » by bango_the_buck » Wed May 21, 2008 6:51 am

Bucks check out their options

The NBA Draft Lottery is history and the selection order for the 2008 draft is set
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
RideEmCowboy24
Analyst
And1: 29

Post#2 » by RideEmCowboy24 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:58 am

good to hear Max is on the block....and please stay away from randolph....
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Re: Woelfel: Redd, CV on the Block; Ersan Likely to Return 

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:58 am

Gery Woelfel wrote:The most notable one is All-Star shooting guard Michael Redd.

MVP4Champ is crying in his Red Kool-Aid right now.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Redd is unquestionably the Bucks
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#4 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed May 21, 2008 7:24 am

This is music to my ears.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#5 » by Siefer » Wed May 21, 2008 8:46 am

LMAO @ your sig Twirly.

And I'm glad to see confirmation that Hammond isn't afraid to ship Max.
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#6 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Wed May 21, 2008 10:17 am

Wow...I did not see Donte' Greene of Syracuse there nor Darrell Arthur.

Both could be there if we move down and get them 5 posts or so later and move Redd and CVill31 and the pick?
Both are very intriguing...long term. Especially Arthur because he can be a winner at both spots. Big time talent.

I would also like Eric Gordon if we can keep the pick and he falls and we move Redd. I am telling you now he is gonna be a MONSTER! You heard it here first...

Greene when he fills out and learns the game and how to use his head with his heart and talent will be a complete player as well.

Donte' is still young and dumb type player you will have to coddle and he needs to be coached up and should just stay in school another year and channel his emotions and mental part of the game.

Great young talent and seems like a nice kid but needs to learn under Boheim another year.

Arthur is a hard working baller who can just go! I would really like him as a all around player if Ersan is coming back. One year he is gonna be very good indeed.

Go back and get David Noel! He should not have been released in the first place. I like him better now then I do Redd.

Of the listed SF's availible the one guy I like is Ron Artest. Hands down...

Flat out a doggone battler and winner. I cannot say enough about how I repsect his old school type no nonsense game. Nocioni is a close second.

And he is nuts in the right kind of way...not a goofy nuts like Cassell with all the theatrics but a competitive, serious, get in your jersey type hardness.

He is a must...have SF if you ask me to balance all that finesse we have up front in Yi and Bogut or Ersan.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#7 » by trwi7 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:35 am

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:Go back and get David Noel! He should not have been released in the first place. I like him better now then I do Redd.

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:Flat out a doggone battler and winner. I cannot say enough about how I repsect his old school type no nonsense game. Nocioni is a close second.

And he is nuts in the right kind of way...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#8 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed May 21, 2008 11:19 am

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:

Go back and get David Noel! He should not have been released in the first place. I like him better now then I do Redd.

Yes! He has to clear waivers if another team wants him, right? So we have first dibs?

He was becoming what I call a 'Spurs roll player'. See, they surround their 3 man game (of three guys who can get 60+ points every game) with either:

A) Guards and Forwards who can hit assisted open 3 point shots while playing physical, some might say dirty and illegal defense. They also help with rebounding. And, are usually excellent at feeding their post playing team mates. Findog, Horry, Barry, Udoka, Bowen, etc.

B) Forward/Centers who can finish on assisted inside scoring while playing smart, positional, some might say dirty and illegal defense. They also help with rebounding. Oberto, Thomas, at one time Nesterovic and Mohammed, etc.

Ersan and Noel would be type A role players.

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:
Of the listed SF's availible the one guy I like is Ron Artest. Hands down...

Flat out a doggone battler and winner. I cannot say enough about how I repsect his old school type no nonsense game. Nocioni is a close second.

And he is nuts in the right kind of way...not a goofy nuts like Cassell with all the theatrics but a competitive, serious, get in your jersey type hardness.

He is a must...have SF if you ask me to balance all that finesse we have up front in Yi and Bogut or Ersan.

Love Ron-Ron, and would love to see him back in the Central Division, where he belongs.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#9 » by REDDzone » Wed May 21, 2008 11:44 am

The most notable one is All-Star shooting guard Michael Redd.

How are we going to compete without our all-star?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#10 » by trwi7 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:47 am

I'm honestly stun that this thread is still on page one.

upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#11 » by upnorthfan » Wed May 21, 2008 11:53 am

REDDzone wrote:
The most notable one is All-Star shooting guard Michael Redd.

How are we going to compete without our all-star?

We haven't competed with him. Weren't we 5-4 when he missed nine games in January?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#12 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 21, 2008 12:04 pm

I certainly hope Hammond can move this team past the stage where we still debate whether David Noel is going to make a difference.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#13 » by Sigra » Wed May 21, 2008 12:08 pm

Bulls will draft Rose. That is almost sure thing. Go to their board. 75% of their fans wants Rose. It is like our board with Bogut few years ago. Scoring PF is nice and all but C and PG are most important positions and in today NBA PG is above everything else. Buls will draft Rose for sure.

Kirk is there. My new dream is Redd and Gadz for Kirk and Nocioni. Make it hapen Hammond!
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#14 » by Nowak008 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 pm

I hope everything in this article is true.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#15 » by trwi7 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 pm

upnorthfan1 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We haven't competed with him. Weren't we 5-4 when he missed nine games in January?

Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#16 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed May 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Sigra, I don't see the Bulls wanting Gadzuric, but if they would do Gadz and Redd for Hinrich and Nocioni, I would be all over that.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#17 » by Sigra » Wed May 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:Sigra, I don't see the Bulls wanting Gadzuric, but if they would do Gadz and Redd for Hinrich and Nocioni, I would be all over that.

Nobody wants Gadzuric. That is the point though. Gadz is negative value. But Redd has more value than Kirk and Noc so we add Gadz and it is fair trade :)
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#18 » by vlietinho » Wed May 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Sigra wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Nobody wants Gadzuric. That is the point though. Gadz is negative value. But Redd has more value than Kirk and Noc so we add Gadz and it is fair trade :)

Now now, come on Sigra. Last year several teams informed about Gadz. Doubt it though if the Bulls would want him
bucks59
Senior
And1: 3

Post#19 » by bucks59 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:42 pm

vlietinho wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Now now, come on Sigra. Last year several teams informed about Gadz. Doubt it though if the Bulls would want him

Wow, I didnt realize that NBA teams did prank phone calls. Thats kind of awesome.

There is going to be a ton of player movement this offseason. Artest, Marion, JO, Howard, Hinrich, Melo, Brand, and Maggette could all move to different teams. Carter and TMac might also be on the block and could be heavily traded. It could be a fun summer for NBA fans and Bucks fans.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#20 » by cam2win » Wed May 21, 2008 1:36 pm

Good to see the name Redd being shopped. Time to continue my Redd to Dallas for Howard and filler.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks