ImageImage

The Official Trade The Pick Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#21 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed May 21, 2008 5:11 pm

That's basically Redd/CV/Mason for an expiring contract? You think that's the best possible Redd trade we could come up with?

ETA: If you remove our draft pick from the deal it's fair though. Redd/CV/Mason should be worth the #6 pick, just like Allen was worth the #5 pick last year.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#22 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed May 21, 2008 5:15 pm

magnumt wrote:How about the following type of Trade:

Bobby Simmons
CV
Pick #8

for

David Lee
Malik Rose
Mardy Collins

Cut Salary, and gain prospects to develope.

OR

CV
Michael Redd
Desmond Mason
Pick #8

for

Stephon Marbury
Pick #6

This gives you MUCH bigger Salary Relief, and you still retain a Lotto Pick while moving up.

Marbury
Robinson
Balkman
Lee

For

Williams
Simmons
Villanueva
Gadzuric
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#23 » by LUKE23 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:18 pm

magnumt wrote:How about the following type of Trade:

Bobby Simmons
CV
Pick #8

for

David Lee
Malik Rose
Mardy Collins

Cut Salary, and gain prospects to develope.

OR

CV
Michael Redd
Desmond Mason
Pick #8

for

Stephon Marbury
Pick #6

This gives you MUCH bigger Salary Relief, and you still retain a Lotto Pick while moving up.

My god is that a horrible deal for the Bucks. Let me guess, a Knicks fan? CV and Lee are about the same value. So we give you #8 for junk? Umm, no.

Second one is better but we still give up too much. Basically Redd/CV/expiring for expiring and moving up 2 spots. No thanks.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#24 » by magnumt » Wed May 21, 2008 5:22 pm

LUKE23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

My god is that a horrible deal for the Bucks. Let me guess, a Knicks fan? CV and Lee are about the same value. So we give you #8 for junk? Umm, no.

Second one is better but we still give up too much. Basically Redd/CV/expiring for expiring and moving up 2 spots. No thanks.

If Picks were taken out from both sides, I'd be inclined to do it from NY's side. BTW, Mason isn't an expiring, and Steph will automatically remove $21 Million off your Books, that's a huge chunk of change and would EASILY expedite your goal to get under the cap.

What if it's like this:

CV
Michael Redd
Desmond Mason
2008 2nd Rounder

for

Stephon Marbury
Mardy Collins
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
dolvs84
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#25 » by dolvs84 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:24 pm

I am all for trading the pick, but I really don't want to trade for Stephon and his expiring deal. Stephon would never step foot on the court if he came to bucks, we would just be waiting for his contract to expire and the cap room it would bring. If we trade the pick and package it with a player like redd/mo I want to bring in somebody who can help the Bucks out right away on the court.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#26 » by europa » Wed May 21, 2008 5:33 pm

fam3381 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think in general the board has become overly cynical about Yi. I'm not exactly sure what to expect out of him but I think he's still likely to be a good pro. And even if he's "only" a 15/8 guy down the road, his skillset should be a nice complement to Bogut's. My main concern is that he just doesn't have the basketball instincts needed to be a star. Everything's a little too mechanical right now.

And while I don't see Yi as untouchable, I also don't think it's very realistic that we move him outside of a superstar-type move...which I don't see happening. With young guys like him, the team that has him typically wants more than most teams would offer in the first place.

For me, it's not about giving up on Yi. But I've never believed he had star talent or upside to begin with. So even if he reaches his full potential, I don't think he'll be as good as Brand. Given that, I wouldn't view this type of deal as giving up on Yi but rather improving the team. I'll trade anyone on this team if the Bucks become better as a result.
Nothing will not break me.
Zeus LA
Junior
And1: 118

Post#27 » by Zeus LA » Wed May 21, 2008 5:49 pm

[quote="magnumt"][/quote]

Bucks fans shouldn't really give a sh#$ about cap space when it means trading valuable productive assets for it, unless young prospects are involved.

Who the hell is coming to Milwaulkee anytime soon via free agency?

If they were a perennial playoff team it may be a different story. Maybe.
And now it's over to...Moira
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#28 » by LUKE23 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:23 pm

Does anyone think a combination of Mo/CV/#8 could get us Gerald Wallace and a filler?
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,044

Post#29 » by Siefer » Wed May 21, 2008 6:35 pm

I'm all for trading the pick. There's nothing really exciting where we're at, and if we could move the pick and others for a proven star, I'd be ecstatic.
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#30 » by Whiteman » Wed May 21, 2008 6:42 pm

magnumt wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
If Picks were taken out from both sides, I'd be inclined to do it from NY's side. BTW, Mason isn't an expiring, and Steph will automatically remove $21 Million off your Books, that's a huge chunk of change and would EASILY expedite your goal to get under the cap.

Mason expires next summer, just like Steph (unless Steph opts out).

While the Bucks are interested in dumping bad contracts, getting under the cap is not really our goal. We' d like to dump some salary to stay away from lux tax after extending Bogut and keep the possibility of using the MLE, but there's no way we're giving up assets for expirings just to get under the cap.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#31 » by bango_the_buck » Wed May 21, 2008 9:46 pm

europa wrote:For me, it's not about giving up on Yi. But I've never believed he had star talent or upside to begin with. So even if he reaches his full potential, I don't think he'll be as good as Brand. Given that, I wouldn't view this type of deal as giving up on Yi but rather improving the team. I'll trade anyone on this team if the Bucks become better as a result.

Trading Yi for Brand is just the type of 'mortgaging the future for a 2-3 year window (or in this case 1, since Brand will jump ship after his contract expires)' deal that Hammond said he will not do. And I, for one, am glad...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#32 » by WEFFPIM » Wed May 21, 2008 9:49 pm

Trade the pick.

Trade the pick.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#33 » by LUKE23 » Wed May 21, 2008 10:00 pm

bango_the_buck wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Trading Yi for Brand is just the type of 'mortgaging the future for a 2-3 year window (or in this case 1, since Brand will jump ship after his contract expires)' deal that Hammond said he will not do. And I, for one, am glad...

Yeah, it would be a one year deal, which makes no sense for a rebuilding team. Brand would not re-sign hear when he's nearing the age where veterans usually take playing for a title over money.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#34 » by loflin3hree5ive » Wed May 21, 2008 10:45 pm

You'd have to trade something else of value along with Yi if you want Brand. But that's not why I'm here. Rate this as an offer for your pick:

Clippers Get:
#8 Overall
Dan Gadzuric

Bucks Get:
Corey Maggette
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: The Official Trade The Pick Thread 

Post#35 » by Chapter29 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:28 pm

europa wrote:If you want to see the Bucks keep the pick, this thread isn't for you. If you're adamantly opposed to trading down, this thread isn't for you. This is for those of us who look at the 8th pick and projectile vomit.

Or at least feel all icky inside.

This is the thread where we beg and plead with John Hammond to move the pick and get some value that will help this team improve. This is the thread where we target Kirk Hinrich if the Bulls draft Rose or we target the Nets' two picks. This is the thread for those of us who really hope the Bucks don't just stand pat at 8 on draft night.

So who's in with me?

I am in 100% agreement that we should trade this pick.

Trading for what is the question. Sounds like most teams outside of Chicago will happily entertain trading their pick. Not a strong draft it would appear.

I wouldn't mind Hinrich, but wouldn't love it either. What would it really cost us? He isn't that good, but he would be a good fit here. Would they trade Hinrich for CV straight up? With a future pick? Not sure I do CV plus #8, but maybe. I would hope to see Hinrich fall more into a 1-2 combo guard backing up both spots. Hopefully Sessions can beat him out at some point.

If they do that it leaves us with Mo or Redd to still move and our pick.

Either way, I would do anything I could to try and trade up to get either Beasley or Mayo. Assuming of course our GM and scouts belief one to have star potential. Move Redd and/or Mo as required.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#36 » by steger_3434 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:35 pm

What did Utah have to trade in 2005 to move into the 3rd position to grab Deron Williams? Could we match anything that they had to give up?
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#37 » by fam3381 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:46 pm

steger_3434 wrote:What did Utah have to trade in 2005 to move into the 3rd position to grab Deron Williams? Could we match anything that they had to give up?

They gave up #6 (which they used to take Webster), #27 (Linas Kleiza, traded to Denver in another deal) and a 2006 #30 (Detroit's pick, used to take Joel Freeland).

These sorts of deals are often based on the team with the higher pick liking a guy who they think they can get a few picks later; Webster is one example, the Mavs taking Dirk back in the day is another. Or you simply don't think there's much difference between the picks, so you go quantity over quality.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#38 » by europa » Mon May 26, 2008 3:26 am

Based on today's report it looks like Hammond will try and deal the pick so I want to bump this up so we can keep those strong "Please Dear God trade this pick" vibes going. :D
Nothing will not break me.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks