Espn Insider: Bucks working phones

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Movieman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#41 » by Movieman » Sun May 25, 2008 3:57 pm

Found this at Hoopshype from the Boston Globe

SQUEEZE PLAY

An NBA source said that several teams are expected to try to trade their draft picks in an effort to trim financial commitments from the roster. The days of the maximum 15-man roster seem to be a thing of the past for a lot of franchises. The source also said the Bucks are expected to shop their eighth overall pick and could dangle one of their guards as extra bait.

If this is true, it looks like they expect to find anyone at 8 that interests them. Or at least they are more interested in moving Redd or Mo.

I hope it doesn't mean they're just looking to dump salary.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#42 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Movieman, there was a story in one of the Portland papers on Friday that said they estimated that 9 of the 14 lotto teams would put their picks up for bid because the teams weren't sold on this draft. So your blurb seems to be internet reinforcement of that story, although who knows how valid it is.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,380

Post#43 » by MickeyDavis » Sun May 25, 2008 4:09 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Movieman, there was a story in one of the Portland papers on Friday that said they estimated that 9 of the 14 lotto teams would put their picks up for bid because the teams weren't sold on this draft. So your blurb seems to be internet reinforcement of that story, although who knows how valid it is.

Lots of sellers means low value on our pick. Definitely have to package it with a player to get anything really worthwhile.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,724

Post#44 » by emunney » Sun May 25, 2008 5:41 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Movieman, there was a story in one of the Portland papers on Friday that said they estimated that 9 of the 14 lotto teams would put their picks up for bid because the teams weren't sold on this draft. So your blurb seems to be internet reinforcement of that story, although who knows how valid it is.

That might mean we should just sit tight. Or it might mean we should try to move up for Mayo. Sounds like a buyers' market, big time.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#45 » by steger_3434 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:43 pm

emunney wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That might mean we should just sit tight. Or it might mean we should try to move up for Mayo. Sounds like a buyers' market, big time.

I say we just go all in for Mayo. I think he's the one guy that has the super star potential and we all know that this is a super star driven league. Trading Redd to NY for the 6th pick and filler and then packaging our 6th and 8th for the 3rd is the way to go if everyone is willing.

Sure, we may not be any better next year, but the future of this team would look a hell of a lot better and we'd have that chance of having a true superstar.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,724

Post#46 » by emunney » Sun May 25, 2008 5:45 pm

How about just 8 + Mo for Walker and 3?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#47 » by steger_3434 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:49 pm

emunney wrote:How about just 8 + Mo for Walker and 3?

I'd do that as well, although I don't know if Minny bites on it. I think a 6th (assuming we could get it from NY) and the 8th makes them bite. Essentially it would be trading Redd and the 8th for the 3rd. It's a lot to give up, but I don't think we're getting any franchise saver at the 8th pick and it's obvious to most here that Redd and his contract aren't helping this team one bit.

Then see what you can get for CV and go with a lineup like this:

Mo, Sessions, Marbury
Mayo, Bell
Simmons, Dez
Yi
Bogut

Add whatever player we can get for CV and call it an off season. I don't think we'll be any worse than the suck ass team we had this past season and even if we are at least we have the players to be excited over for the future.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#48 » by LUKE23 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:31 pm

Didn't you just trade Mo in your scenario, or did you mean Redd?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#49 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 25, 2008 7:36 pm

emunney wrote:How about just 8 + Mo for Walker and 3?

I think most guys on this board would easily make that deal. I don't see Minnesota doing it though. I'd even toss in CV.

I have no clue whether Mayo becomes a player, but the gamble is worth it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#50 » by raferfenix » Sun May 25, 2008 8:19 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think most guys on this board would easily make that deal. I don't see Minnesota doing it though. I'd even toss in CV.

I have no clue whether Mayo becomes a player, but the gamble is worth it.

I also don't see minnesota going for that deal, even though i don't think mayo is going to be that great a fit there. Walker is hardly an albatross contract anymore (team option is coming up), and they would have to be extremely high on Mo and CV to do this.

If we add in a Dez for Jaric swap I think that deal would be a lot closer, but trading a top pick for cap space can be a tough sell to fans who just had to drop KG in a cap related deal.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks