How do you guys think this would work?

Redd to Houston for Battier and B. Jackson

Mo/CV/and Mason to Clippers for Brand

PG- Sessions/B. Jackson
SG- #8 pick either Westbrook or Gordon
SF- Battier/Yi
PF- Brand
C- Bogut

Gives the team good bigs and guards that will play on both ends. I know the team is still stuck with Gadz and Simmons but I don't think they can get much for those two, they might as well just let them expire and use the money in the upcoming years to fill holes.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:15 am

That's not enough return for Redd.

That's not enough offered for Brand.
BucksRuleAll22
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by BucksRuleAll22 » Fri May 23, 2008 2:21 am

We get robbed for Redd and the Clippers get Robbed for Brand.
oshmeehan
Banned User

Post#4 » by oshmeehan » Fri May 23, 2008 2:24 am

I'd give Redd/Yi or Redd/CV to land Brand....though the Clippers may not want to do that
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,580

Post#5 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 23, 2008 2:57 am

I think Yi would have to be involved in the Brand trade, and I don't mind the Houston trade. It seems like not a lot, but Battier is a player I always loved. He has a decent shot, handles the ball well for a 3, plays average to above average defense, and is a good character guy. Other than not being a projected all star talent, he is the type of player I'd look to get in any kind of Redd deal. So I'm about 50/50 on the Houston trade.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#6 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 23, 2008 3:01 am

I'll be in the minority, but I don't think those trades are that far-fetched. Battier again is one of those amazing winscore guys that every team in the league covets. Houston wouldn't trade him unless they got a knock-out offer.

As for Brand, I think we focus too much on the 25-year old Elton Brand from 2005. The 2008 version is getting older, is coming off a potentially career ending injury and makes $17 million a year while coming up for a new contract. Donald Sterling literally had to be held up at gunpoint by Pat Riley to give Brand his first big contract five years ago. I think Sterling thinks about this deal.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
htr
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#7 » by htr » Fri May 23, 2008 3:11 am

I've got a rules question for one of you.

One trade I think that MIGHT work for both sides with Houston is us sending them Redd and them sending us Battier and the RFA Carl Landry.

IF we think Landry is deserving of a contract the differenct of Redd's salary minus Battier's salary to make it an even trade under the cap, I think that could work for both team's value wise.

However, a Houston poster about a week back posted that they didn't think you could do a sign and trade WITH another player. Does anyone have the ruling here for me?
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#8 » by jeremyd236 » Fri May 23, 2008 4:00 am

That guard rotation would get pounded nightly for the next 2-3 years at least.

How many games has Sessions won in his NBA career? Two? He's had great individual stats but I just can't believe you'd be willing to pair him with a rookie SG and Bogut/Brand (two players who want to win relatively soon).
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Wade-A-Holic » Fri May 23, 2008 4:12 am

jeremyd236 wrote:That guard rotation would get pounded nightly for the next 2-3 years at least.

How many games has Sessions won in his NBA career? Two? He's had great individual stats but I just can't believe you'd be willing to pair him with a rookie SG and Bogut/Brand (two players who want to win relatively soon).

That guard rotation would get pounded, but our current guard rotation already gets pounded on the defensive end.

Sessions plus another rookie as our two starting guards would probably force Skiles to rip out what little hair he has left, though.
tidbit
Junior
And1: 1

Post#10 » by tidbit » Sat May 24, 2008 5:59 pm

htr wrote:I've got a rules question for one of you.

One trade I think that MIGHT work for both sides with Houston is us sending them Redd and them sending us Battier and the RFA Carl Landry.

IF we think Landry is deserving of a contract the differenct of Redd's salary minus Battier's salary to make it an even trade under the cap, I think that could work for both team's value wise.

However, a Houston poster about a week back posted that they didn't think you could do a sign and trade WITH another player. Does anyone have the ruling here for me?

It doesnt work.
Redd does not deserve for Battier and Landry, he sucks in defense end and could he be silent as the third offensive choice after Yao and T-mac?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks