ImageImage

Perfect trade for Bucks and Heat

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LBusiness
Sophomore
And1: 0

Perfect trade for Bucks and Heat 

Post#1 » by LBusiness » Mon May 26, 2008 4:55 pm

Man I was just on the boards and came up with this trade that will put the both teams back in the playoffs.

Incoming Players
Bobby Simmons
6-6 SF from DePaul
7.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.7 minutes
Maurice Williams
6-1 PG from Alabama
17.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 6.3 apg in 36.5 minutes
Dan Gadzuric
6-11 C from UCLA
3.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.5 minutes
Charlie Villanueva
6-10 PF from Connecticut
11.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 24.1 minutes
Outgoing Players
Shawn Marion 6-7 SF from UNLV
15.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.4 minutes
Udonis Haslem
6-8 SF from Florida
12.0 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 36.8 minutes
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#2 » by Debit One » Mon May 26, 2008 5:05 pm

LBusiness
Sophomore

Post#3 » by LBusiness » Mon May 26, 2008 5:10 pm

pg.Sessions/Bell
sg.Redd/E.Gordon
sf.Marion/Mason
pf.Haslem/Yi
c. Bogut/Yi
you actually move gadz and simmons at the same time you get an all-star back and tougher and more defensive minded.Brilliant!!!!!!
Riles wanted Mo Wills and Rose won't be there at #2, gadz/simmons adds depth to miami's bench. Im a Cavs fan by the way but I want to see the whole Central
take back the East and strike fear in the hearts of the west. Imagine how feirce those games will be,Cavs,Pistons,Bucks,Pacers,Bulls. I love the competition.
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#4 » by Johnny Newman » Mon May 26, 2008 5:10 pm

Miami wouldn't do that. I would though . I would even toss in #8.

Sessions/Bell
Redd/Bell
Marion/Dez
Haslem/Yi
Bogut/Haslem
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#5 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Mon May 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Nice idea, reminds me of last year when I would post my trade offers to Minnesota for Garnett and Skones would tell me... "Nice Pipe Dream" :wink:
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#6 » by Newz » Mon May 26, 2008 5:21 pm

Trading for Bobby Simmons and Dan Gadzuric isn't good for anyone.

Miami would laugh at this.
LBusiness
Sophomore

Post#7 » by LBusiness » Mon May 26, 2008 5:28 pm

Miami is not trying to hang on to Marion and will try to get back what ever they can for him, and if that means a point guard that he wined and dined and still get Beasley and a future 1rst from you guys that would be considerd a great off season by Riles. leaving the heat with a starting5of
pg.MoWills/Banks/Quinn
sg.D.Wade/Cook/Davis
sf.Beasly/Wright/Simmons
pf.C.Vill/Johson/Gadz
c. Blount/Zo/Gadz Thats a balanced heat team.
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#8 » by Johnny Newman » Mon May 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Mo for Haslem.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#9 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon May 26, 2008 5:33 pm

Where do we sign?
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#10 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon May 26, 2008 5:35 pm

Oh and the only issue we would have is trying to find a good/decent backup center.. I would be okay with resigning either Mike Ruffin or Jake Voshkul though if a trade like that went down.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#11 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon May 26, 2008 5:37 pm

LBusiness wrote:Miami is not trying to hang on to Marion and will try to get back what ever they can for him, and if that means a point guard that he wined and dined and still get Beasley and a future 1rst from you guys that would be considerd a great off season by Riles. leaving the heat with a starting5of
pg.MoWills/Banks/Quinn
sg.D.Wade/Cook/Davis
sf.Beasly/Wright/Simmons
pf.C.Vill/Johson/Gadz
c. Blount/Zo/Gadz Thats a balanced heat team.

Not entirely. They wont hang on to him in the sense that they'll resign him when he comes up. But they will let him come up and then grab a big FA. Thats how Riles does it, and he damn sure knows how to. (He knew full well Sterlings tight wallet wouldnt match Brand and Odom, and he wanted either one. So he offered one, waited for em to match, they did and he grabbed Odom.) He wont trade a shot at a guy like boozer for simmons and gadz.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#12 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon May 26, 2008 5:38 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Oh and the only issue we would have is trying to find a good/decent backup center.. I would be okay with resigning either Mike Ruffin or Jake Voshkul though if a trade like that went down.

Voshkul isnt coming back. At all.
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#13 » by Johnny Newman » Mon May 26, 2008 5:42 pm

We probably pick a center with #37. NBAdraft.net has us picking up a center with 37.
JNichols42887
Sophomore

Post#14 » by JNichols42887 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:19 pm

That first trade is awful for the Heat. Marion and Haslem do have some value (a lot more than Mo and Villanueva anyways). Taking back Simmons and Gadzuric just makes it even worse.

Haslem for Mo might make sense for both parties though, especially if the Heat get Beasley.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#15 » by drew881 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:26 pm

I would offer a future 1st before offering number 8. We could then use the MLE on Duhon who would probably start with Sessions backing him up (depending on how good he is).

From Miami's POV, is the backcourt of Wade and Williams too small? I think so. It is too small, and not durable enough. Sure Riley was going after Williams a year ago, but they had a different front line back then. Shaq, Haslem, and Zo could make up for the backcourt defense, where as Williams, Wade, Beasely, Villanueva, X center doesn't offer a lick of defense. That would be guaranteed worst defensive team in the country.

More realistic (without first round picks added)

Incoming Players
Shawn Marion
Mark Blount

Outgoing Players
Bobby Simmons
Maurice Williams
Dan Gadzuric
Charlie Villanueva

Miami would be more willing to do this. They keep Haslem, who will be the defensive anchor. It would allow them to play a small line up of Williams, Wade, Beasley, CV Haslem, or they could bring one of the two off the bench (CV most likely) to head a second unit.

A better line up would be

Williams
Wade
Wright
Beasley, CV
Haslem

The Bucks on the other hand would be trading two bad contracts for one (Blount), who could become our backup center, and be a half decent expiring pick in two years. We would have to use #8 on a backup PF for Yi
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#16 » by raferfenix » Mon May 26, 2008 6:59 pm

I've wanted Marion on the bucks horribly for years now, and i'm a major Haslem fan as well. If there is a trade where we can get and keep that combo (i.e. little to no risk marion leaves as a free agent) then I would easily include the 8 pick to do so. However, I see a bunch of problems with this particular scenario as well as our general chances at getting marion particularly as well:

1. Our general prospects for getting Marion probably took a big hit when we hired Skiles. They had real bad blood in Phoenix, and with marion being a free agent next year that'd be a huge risk for us to take.

2. Our prospects for getting him probably took a bigger hit when we hired Hammond. Hammond is a shrewd negotiator that won't overpay talent and takes pride in never giving out a max contract----marion wants to be paid like a superstar though, and unless we are willing to offer him the most money I don't think we'll be able to keep him (especially since we have skiles).

3. Riley would murder charlie villanueva. He is the polar opposite of the kind of guys Riley likes in his system, and I just don't see him working out in Miami.

4. No way the heat take on gadzuric. We don't give them nearly enough in this deal for htem to do that, and a rebuilding team to take on a nasty contract like that would be a whole lot to swallow.

and the biggest issue of all....

5. Preserving their cap room seems to be non-negotiable. Riley wants to make a splash in free agency, and it would take a HUGE development for him to change his mind about it.

So all in all, I hope that I am wrong about Skiles and Hammond making it extremely unlikely for us to get Marion. However, if Marion would resign here, I certainly hope we go all out for him, as there are probably no other available players in the league who could individually help our defense as much as he could.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#17 » by aaprigs311 » Mon May 26, 2008 7:16 pm

Doesn't Marion have an option this off-season?
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#18 » by BBallFreak » Mon May 26, 2008 10:32 pm

aaprigs311 wrote:Doesn't Marion have an option this off-season?

Yes he does.

No way Miami does the initial trade. Much too much dead weight salary (Simmons and Gadzuric). The other one - Mo for Haslem - intrigues me, though.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#19 » by skones » Mon May 26, 2008 10:50 pm

First deal is awful for Miami. Mo and Villanueva DOES NOT get you Marion let alone Haslem. Oh yeah, I didn't even bring us unloading Simmons and Gadzuric into play yet.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#20 » by Hoops23 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:17 am

Incoming Players
Bobby Simmons
6-6 SF from DePaul
7.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.7 minutes
Maurice Williams
6-1 PG from Alabama
17.2 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 6.3 apg in 36.5 minutes
Dan Gadzuric
6-11 C from UCLA
3.2 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.5 minutes
Charlie Villanueva
6-10 PF from Connecticut
11.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 1.0 apg in 24.1 minutes
Outgoing Players
Shawn Marion 6-7 SF from UNLV
15.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.4 minutes
Udonis Haslem
6-8 SF from Florida
12.0 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 36.8 minutes
WHAT!!!

The Heat is not stupid to do that trade. There's no need to explain how aweful it is. Miami will rather let Marion's contract expire than getting those ridiculous contracts.

BBallFreak wrote:The other one - Mo for Haslem - intrigues me, though
Yeah! But its a conflict to Riles plan for 2010, a cap space. The contract will be the issue.[/quote]

Return to Milwaukee Bucks