ImageImage

Indy, Cavs, Bucks fixed

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Indy, Cavs, Bucks fixed 

Post#1 » by Nowak008 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:05 am

The deal in the other thread was really bad. I think there might be something there though.

Cavs Receive:
Redd
Gadz
Murphy

Bucks Receive:
Dunleavy
Varejo
Wallace

Indy Receive:
Wally
Snow
CV

Why the Cavs do it:

The Cavs have little assets to help surround Lebron with any sort of legit talent. The one thing they do have is an owner that is willing to spend money. In this deal the Cavs take on a boatload of money to get Redd for very little talent given up in return. Murphy might be a good fit in Cleveland as well since he can knock down open jumpers. The Cavs would need to add a back up C in the offseason after the deal though unless you can fix Gadz. I suppose he isn't that big of a down grade to Big Ben.

Why we do it:
Murphy is exactly what we want Redd to be. Guy who recognizes he isn't the man, team player, paid 6 mil per season less, good shooter. We also get Varejo who would give us solid interior defense, and Big Ben gives us 25 mil in expirings next off season. It would be nice to actually be a good rebounding team for a change.

Why Indy does it:
Save 40 mil in real money while acquiring a solid prospect along the way. They are in cap hell with no real future besides Granger. This could be the first step in fixing that situation.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
FutureBuck2008
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Indy, Cavs, Bucks fixed 

Post#2 » by FutureBuck2008 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:21 am

Nowak008 wrote:The deal in the other thread was really bad. I think there might be something there though.

Cavs Receive:
Redd
Gadz
Murphy

Bucks Receive:
Dunleavy
Varejo
Wallace

Indy Receive:
Wally
Snow
CV

Why the Cavs do it:

The Cavs have little assets to help surround Lebron with any sort of legit talent. The one thing they do have is an owner that is willing to spend money. In this deal the Cavs take on a boatload of money to get Redd for very little talent given up in return. Murphy might be a good fit in Cleveland as well since he can knock down open jumpers. The Cavs would need to add a back up C in the offseason after the deal though unless you can fix Gadz. I suppose he isn't that big of a down grade to Big Ben.

Why we do it:
Murphy is exactly what we want Redd to be. Guy who recognizes he isn't the man, team player, paid 6 mil per season less, good shooter. We also get Varejo who would give us solid interior defense, and Big Ben gives us 25 mil in expirings next off season. It would be nice to actually be a good rebounding team for a change.

Why Indy does it:
Save 40 mil in real money while acquiring a solid prospect along the way. They are in cap hell with no real future besides Granger. This could be the first step in fixing that situation.

my deal wasn't really that bad. it's actually varajeo but anyways....this deal works too for me.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:21 am

I still hate that for the Bucks.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#4 » by Nowak008 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:29 am

trwi7 wrote:I still hate that for the Bucks.

If we aren't going young (something I would rather do) I think this would be solid for us. What don't you like? Do you like this better then Hinrich Noc?
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

trwi7
RealGM

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

It seems like a lateral move at best. We should either go young or trade our young guys for good veterans. This accomplishes neither.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Nowak008
RealGM

Post#6 » by Nowak008 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:46 am

trwi7 wrote:It seems like a lateral move at best. We should either go young or trade our young guys for good veterans. This accomplishes neither.

Agreed. At this point I am not expecting either. I can't see us making a move for a guy like Brand or dealing Redd for expirings and a lottery pick.

This move imo is more then a lateral move since we get guys that better fit the roster better. Varejo/Bogut/Yi/Wallace front court would be pretty good, and I like Murphy's game.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#7 » by jakecronus8 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:00 am

I would think long and hard about this one if Cleveland included their first. I think there are still gonna be some good players available around there. Talent wise they are clearly getting the best deal here.
Do it for Chuck
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#8 » by bigkurty » Tue May 27, 2008 4:04 am

Nowak008 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Varejo/Bogut/Yi/Wallace front court would be pretty good, and I like Murphy's game.

My first reaction was that you must be crazy too Nowak but then I saw that front line and got intrigued.

The 25 million in future expirings could be beneficial too although that is hard to count on. What I do like is that we still have our pick that we could use as well for a 2 or 3 or in another trade.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#9 » by Nowak008 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:09 am

jakecronus8 wrote:I would think long and hard about this one if Cleveland included their first. I think there are still gonna be some good players available around there. Talent wise they are clearly getting the best deal here.

They are getting the best deal talent wise, sure. The money they have to take on though is a TON. Murphy and Gadz are 2 of the worst contracts in basketball.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#10 » by bigkurty » Tue May 27, 2008 4:30 am

jakecronus8 wrote:I would think long and hard about this one if Cleveland included their first. I think there are still gonna be some good players available around there. Talent wise they are clearly getting the best deal here.

Yeah I bet they would include their first too and it would probably be more fair since while they are taking on bad contracts, they are able to accomplish their goal of getting a running mate for Lebron that would fit well. Plus they don't give a **** about money anyway. they just paid 13 million or so in luxury tax last year so I don't think they care that much. Their main goal is just keeping Lebron around long term and if Redd can help, than thats what they need to do.
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#11 » by Nowak008 » Tue May 27, 2008 4:41 am

bigkurty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah I bet they would include their first too and it would probably be more fair since while they are taking on bad contracts, they are able to accomplish their goal of getting a running mate for Lebron that would fit well. Plus they don't give a **** about money anyway. they just paid 13 million or so in luxury tax last year so I don't think they care that much. Their main goal is just keeping Lebron around long term and if Redd can help, than thats what they need to do.

That could very well be true. Adding a first would be gravy. They might add it because while they are taking a on a lot of money they are actually (if I'm looking at this right) saving roughly 6 mil in tax money next year.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

MajorDad
Banned User

Post#12 » by MajorDad » Tue May 27, 2008 4:58 am

I'm not a big fan of the bucks taking o n expiring contracts.

I'd like somebody to show me a team that actually benefitted from trading their star player for expiring contracts and what they used those expiring contracts to obtain.

I know what you can do with expiring contracts. but I can't remember any ttrade where a team traded their star player for expiring contracts and then were able to trade those expiring contracts for another star or anything worthwhile. i'd just like to see a couple of examples where a team trading their star player for expiring contracts actually benefited the team that traded away the star player.

I personally think it's a really stupid idea to trade a star player for expiring contracts. i'd never trade redd for Starbury. but maybe I' m wrong. maybe there was a grea t trade where the team benefited fro m trading their star player for a n expiring contract.

Does trading randolph for francis qualify? After portland unloaded randolph for franciis, what did they get for francis? or what did they use his cap room for? or is he still counting against their cap? The way i look at that trade, Portland would have been just as good by simply waiving randolph rather than trading him for francis.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#13 » by jakecronus8 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:06 am

MajorDad wrote:
Does trading randolph for francis qualify? After portland unloaded randolph for franciis, what did they get for francis? or what did they use his cap room for? or is he still counting against their cap? The way i look at that trade, Portland would have been just as good by simply waiving randolph rather than trading him for francis.

Who are these Randolph and Francis guys you are referring to? JK, but seriously that was a decent move for Portland. Guys with contracts and production like that aren't just waived. Francis was waived because he offered literally nothing to them as a basketball team. The benefit was getting out of the remaining fifty or so million owed to Randolph and they actually picked up a pretty good role player in channing frye in the deal as well.

It's too bad we never got to take advantage of Zeke just once before he got canned.
Do it for Chuck
Nowak008
RealGM

Post#14 » by Nowak008 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:21 am

Major Dad expiring contracts are more about cap flexibility. No one trades stars straight up for expirings. Teams like New York, Indy, and Denver are boxed in because of the salary cap. Guys like Gadzuric, Jeffries, and Murphy kill teams chances to improve. Expiring contracts are appealing because they get rid of the dead weight.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:

NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Re: Indy, Cavs, Bucks fixed 

Post#15 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Tue May 27, 2008 5:58 am

Nowak008 wrote:The deal in the other thread was really bad. I think there might be something there though.

Cavs Receive:
Redd
Gadz
Murphy

Bucks Receive:
Dunleavy
Varejo
Wallace

Indy Receive:
Wally
Snow
CV

Why the Cavs do it:

Why we do it:

Why Indy does it:
What?????????????????????

Do you even think when you do this!? We need markedable talent if you are gonna part with your franchise player and leading scorer within the division no less.

Why would you bring three scrubs here for Redd when other teams would offer more!? If this is the best out there then hell, just keep him!

This is simply ludicrisp! Just stop with the trades if none of you know what this team needs.

Why would you do a multi team intra-divisional trade and be this dumb if you call yourself a RealGm!?

You are obviously not a Bucks fan I take it...And if you are not a very good one. Do your homework.You must be a Cavs wacko fan?

Dumping your garbage on us and getting back a upside PF in CVill and an Olympian and hometown guy in Redd, and a quality contrasted big man who can run the floor with LeBron in Gadzuric for basically nothing???

Please. Spare me. You MOVE REDD OUT OF THIS CONFERENCE MUCH LESS OUT OF THE DIVISION if this is what is gonna be presented.

You make the Cavs or Bulls or Pacers overpay to get Redd if they want him in an inter-divisional trade!

Why would you bring in slow scrubs in Varejo and Ben Wallace back here with soft ass Mike Dunleavy who is a worse defender then Redd in here with Scott Skiles????

What did Wallace do for Skiles in Chicago if not run him out of their and cost him his job!? Then you are proposing moving your only scorer and shooter to get no points in return!?

What the hell do we need with Mike Dunleavy!? If anything you bring back Danny Granger or Jermaine O'Neal if you deal with the Pacers at all!

Why would you give the Cavs a discount on Redd in your own division and then give us a guy who could not win in Chicago with Skiles in the first place and a role player in Varejo and a sieve in Mike Dunleavy!?

Wallace is 34! Just one of the silliest trade proposals out there!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#16 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:40 pm

If I understand the essence of the deal, we give up Redd/CV/Gadz and get back Dunleavy/Big Ben/Varajao?

I actually can't see Cleveland or Indy doing that deal. It is possible that Dunleavy is the best player in the bunch IMO. And I think Cleveland would feel they would lose too much defense in their front court.

Still, it is an intriguing deck shuffle for all the teams involved.

I'd do it, because it would instantly improve our frontcourt and we'd still have #8.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LBusiness
Sophomore

Redd is overaterd 

Post#17 » by LBusiness » Tue May 27, 2008 11:28 pm

So you get back what you get for him. He's not the man, he's a chucker,no defense,no rebounds,A one trick pony,and you want a first round pick back in return, let alone 2. Funk that. This dude is gonna cost almost 20mill a season,plus you expect some team to take back gadz/simmons too. hell naw.........................................Man yall gone be stuck with that contract for a long time. I told you nick cannon was halarious.............
trwi7
RealGM

Re: Redd is overaterd 

Post#18 » by trwi7 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:27 am

LBusiness wrote:So you get back what you get for him. He's not the man, he's a chucker,no defense,no rebounds,A one trick pony,and you want a first round pick back in return, let alone 2. Funk that. This dude is gonna cost almost 20mill a season,plus you expect some team to take back gadz/simmons too. hell naw.........................................Man yall gone be stuck with that contract for a long time. I told you nick cannon was halarious.............

Wow, this is less coherent than a post by MBBOT. Congrats on that.

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Redd is overaterd 

Post#19 » by REDDzone » Wed May 28, 2008 1:09 am

LBusiness wrote:So you get back what you get for him. He's not the man, he's a chucker,no defense,no rebounds,A one trick pony,and you want a first round pick back in return, let alone 2. Funk that. This dude is gonna cost almost 20mill a season,plus you expect some team to take back gadz/simmons too. hell naw.........................................Man yall gone be stuck with that contract for a long time. I told you nick cannon was halarious.............

:giveup:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks