ImageImage

I've seen this deal mentioned, but how bout an alternate...

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BlaZeN27
Sixth Man
And1: 0

I've seen this deal mentioned, but how bout an alternate... 

Post#1 » by BlaZeN27 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:16 am

I've seen the Haslem for Mo Williams trade suggestion quite a few times, but what about an alternate trade like this...

Udonis Haslem
Marcus Banks
2009 2nd Round Pick (We have the Pacers, Sixers, and our 2nd round picks, say we give you the highest pick, 30-37 range)

For

Mo Williams
Desmond Mason
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#2 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Tue May 27, 2008 10:16 am

Give up Simmons....not Desmond.

Keep Desmond Mason at all cost...I say. :nod:

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Re: I've seen this deal mentioned, but how bout an alternate 

Post#3 » by skones » Tue May 27, 2008 10:36 am

BlaZeN27 wrote:I've seen the Haslem for Mo Williams trade suggestion quite a few times, but what about an alternate trade like this...

Udonis Haslem
Marcus Banks
2009 2nd Round Pick (We have the Pacers, Sixers, and our 2nd round picks, say we give you the highest pick, 30-37 range)

For

Mo Williams
Desmond Mason

I'm not even a Mo for Haslem fan, but I can live with it. When you throw in a contract like Marcus Banks for an expiring deal in Mason it makes it an easy no IMO.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#4 » by SupremeHustle » Tue May 27, 2008 2:02 pm

Mo for Haslem is one of the goofiest ideas a group of normally levelheaded posters has ever concocted and agreed upon.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#5 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 27, 2008 2:21 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Mo for Haslem is one of the goofiest ideas a group of normally levelheaded posters has ever concocted and agreed upon.

Yup. I don't care how much you hate Mo, but dealing him for a 20 mpg backup PF with zero upside is as dumb as it gets.

Haslem's great if you can hide him next to a couple legit stars. But he's a liability here.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:09 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Mo for Haslem is one of the goofiest ideas a group of normally levelheaded posters has ever concocted and agreed upon.

We're definitely on the same page on this one. Adding Banks and a 2nd for Mason's expiring just makes it worse.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#7 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:14 pm

I think part of this deal is about the money. Mo's got $44mm large still coming his way versus I think 2-years/$13mm for Haslem. If Mo isn't your starting PG, I'd take a defensive PF who averaged 9rpg with a much more affordable contract in the salary structure of things.

But if the decision is to trade Redd for Josh Howard and hang onto CV and Mo for another year to see what happens with Skiles, I could be ok with that.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Zeus LA
Junior
And1: 118

Post#8 » by Zeus LA » Tue May 27, 2008 3:16 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We're definitely on the same page on this one. Adding Banks and a 2nd for Mason's expiring just makes it worse.

Me too.
I'm not a Mo fan, but I think his value would be higher than Haslem. I think Haslem is undersized and somewhat overrated.

Good player, but you don't target him for your starting lineup IMO.
And now it's over to...Moira
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#9 » by smooth 'lil balla » Tue May 27, 2008 4:43 pm

agree. I dislike Mo, but Haslem? What's the fascination people?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks