Trade to Miami for the #2

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Trade to Miami for the #2 

Post#1 » by hege53190 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:10 pm

Miami Trades: #2, Mark Blount, Marcus Banks

Milwaukee Trades: #8, Mo Williams, Charlie Villanueva, Charlie Bell and 2009 first round pick(top 3 protected, 2010 unprotected)

For Miami: It gives them a roster that can instantly contend in the east. Especially if Lopez falls to 8. They tried to sign both Mo Williams and Charlie Bell the past offseason. Now they get the players they sought

Lineup:
Mo Williams/Charlie Bell
Dwayne Wade/Bell
Marion/Villanueva
Haslem/Villanueva
#8 (Lopez)/Haslem

Why for Milwaukee: They need a superstar. A player that can make them a championship team. Rose might be able to get them there.

#2(Rose)/Sessions
Michael Redd/#2(Rose)
Simmons/Dez
Yi/Blount
Bogut/Blount
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: Trade to Miami for the #2 

Post#2 » by LUKE23 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:13 pm

hege53190 wrote:Miami Trades: #2, Mark Blount, Marcus Banks

Milwaukee Trades: #8, Mo Williams, Charlie Villanueva, Charlie Bell and 2009 first round pick(top 3 protected, 2010 unprotected)

For Miami: It gives them a roster that can instantly contend in the east. Especially if Lopez falls to 8. They tried to sign both Mo Williams and Charlie Bell the past offseason. Now they get the players they sought

Lineup:
Mo Williams/Charlie Bell
Dwayne Wade/Bell
Marion/Villanueva
Haslem/Villanueva
#8 (Lopez)/Haslem

Why for Milwaukee: They need a superstar. A player that can make them a championship team. Rose might be able to get them there.

#2(Rose)/Sessions
Michael Redd/#2(Rose)
Simmons/Dez
Yi/Blount
Bogut/Blount

Not enough on our end. It would probably take Redd/CV/#8 for #2/crap fillers (which I would do in a second).
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#3 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue May 27, 2008 6:16 pm

Bell can't be included, and I agree with Luke - we aren't sending out enough value.

I'd do Redd/#8/#37/option to swap 09 picks.
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#4 » by hege53190 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:21 pm

adamcz wrote:Bell can't be included, and I agree with Luke - we aren't sending out enough value.

I'd do Redd/#8/#37/option to swap 09 picks.

Haven't posted here in quite a while. I figured it wasn't enough. Although I don't really know the trade values of individuall players right now. So I thought I would float it out there. I just really want Rose (who knows if he would even be there at #2).

I was just thinking straight swap. If Redd was involved, I am sure Miami would want a third team also involved as I don't think they really need Redd and I didn't really want to think up a third team to trade with.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#5 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:21 pm

I wouldn't do the original deal. CV, Mo, #8 and next year's #1 is too much for Beasley IMO.

I could go Redd or Mo (Heat can choose) plus #8 plus CV for Beasley and a bad contract or two.

That is a bucketload of talent for a Heat team that already has Marion and Wade on it.

But I agree with the sentiment that we need to make the calls on Beasley and Carmelo for that matter. I'd open up the whole range of assets save for Bogut/Yi/Sessions.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#6 » by LUKE23 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:23 pm

Actually, looking at their salaries, it would be tough to get salaries to match with a deal involving Redd, who they would probably want in any such deal.
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Johnny Newman » Tue May 27, 2008 9:18 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I wouldn't do the original deal. CV, Mo, #8 and next year's #1 is too much for Beasley IMO.

I could go Redd or Mo (Heat can choose) plus #8 plus CV for Beasley and a bad contract or two.

That is a bucketload of talent for a Heat team that already has Marion and Wade on it.

But I agree with the sentiment that we need to make the calls on Beasley and Carmelo for that matter. I'd open up the whole range of assets save for Bogut/Yi/Sessions.
Agree with ya PP. This deal isn't worth it. Forget Beasily. We giving up to much that could be parley off seperately for more value. Why throw 2 starters and a lottery pick in a trade for a high lottery pick and take crap back too? We have enough crap why take more? I rather have my way and do my trades for all defense hustle players that work hard. Even if our team don't have a face but gets the 8 th spot in playoffs and makes some noise like how the Magic did way back when when they had Wallace and Armstrong and other unknowns.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,200

Post#8 » by BBallFreak » Wed May 28, 2008 1:25 am

The only deal I can conceive of that gets you guys the #2 from Miami is Bogut and the #8 for the #2 and Blount.

You have to understand, Kevin Pritchard, the GM of the Blazers set the bar on the value of these top two picks. He said it would take an All-Star plus a contributor, and that we would actually be getting those kinds of offers. Now, Redd's an All-Star, but he plays the same position as our best player, so he's not needed. His value is also on the low side. Mo Williams is a very subpar offer..
bigballajohn
Senior
And1: 21

Post#9 » by bigballajohn » Wed May 28, 2008 3:40 am

with our luck, the bulls would take rose.
VooDoo7 wrote:
emunney wrote:A horse walks into a bar. It turns to Mason Plumlee and says, "Why the long face?"

Frank the Tank scoffs at both of them.
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#10 » by hege53190 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:05 am

BBallFreak wrote:The only deal I can conceive of that gets you guys the #2 from Miami is Bogut and the #8 for the #2 and Blount.

You have to understand, Kevin Pritchard, the GM of the Blazers set the bar on the value of these top two picks. He said it would take an All-Star plus a contributor, and that we would actually be getting those kinds of offers. Now, Redd's an All-Star, but he plays the same position as our best player, so he's not needed. His value is also on the low side. Mo Williams is a very subpar offer..

No offense but I think that the bar is set from season to season depending on the depth of the draft and quality of players. Honestly last season with Oden and Durant the Bar was set rediculously high.

For Example in the 2006 draft I don't think there was anyway that the top 2 picks could have garnered an all-star plus.

Maybe Pritchard was talking about this class specifically but I doubt it.
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#11 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Wed May 28, 2008 6:12 am

Another wacky wafers proposal...(Great candies by the way...Remember them? Them and bottle caps were out of this world...MMMM... :lol: )

Dont fall in love with these picks! We dont need a lower draft pick! We need to try to trade the one we have now...

Fans, stop thinking you turn things around with draft picks and trading your best players for expiring deals!

There is no one in this draft who is two years past 18 years old and who will help you win a title immediately or get to the playoffs.

No not even Rose, Beasley or Mayo! In the right situation Kevin Love or Eric Gordon will have just a big an impact as those three...

But we don't need to trade our proven assets to move up to get a #2 pick....WE SHOULD HAVE moved up to #2 and DONE THAT CRAP LAST YEAR AND GOT AL HORFORD!!!

That is when we should have moved up and we would have a budding dynasty here now!

There is not even anyone as good as Horford in this draft...this year. We should have done that last year...
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#12 » by Hoops23 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:32 am

BBallFreak wrote:You have to understand, Kevin Pritchard, the GM of the Blazers set the bar on the value of these top two picks. He said it would take an All-Star plus a contributor, and that we would actually be getting those kinds of offers. Now, Redd's an All-Star, but he plays the same position as our best player, so he's not needed. His value is also on the low side. Mo Williams is a very subpar offer..
Pritchard probably said it because he wants to trade Aldridge for the #2.

Going back to this trade, I agree that the best offer the Bucks could only offer to Miami is Bogut & #8 for Blount & #2.
hege53190
Head Coach

Post#13 » by hege53190 » Wed May 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Hoops23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Pritchard probably said it because he wants to trade Aldridge for the #2.

Going back to this trade, I agree that the best offer the Bucks could only offer to Miami is Bogut & #8 for Blount & #2.

I don't think the Bucks would ever do that. Maybe the rest of the board feels differently. However I can't see them ever doing that trade. Especially when the more I read on the draft the more I realize Rose won't even be there at #2.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,520

Post#14 » by Profound23 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:27 pm

I would trade Bogut for #2 if Rose is there....not Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks