ImageImage

Bogut plus #8 for #3 talked about by Wolves FO?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

cmc32124
Sophomore
And1: 0

Bogut plus #8 for #3 talked about by Wolves FO? 

Post#1 » by cmc32124 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:04 pm

This is from a poster that posts on a couple of other Timberwolves sites that i visit. He says he has inside contacts high up in the twolves organization. This is his latest update, since it involves you i figured i would let you guys know.

****UPDATE from 5/27, 10:15am****

They're seriously working on two trades at Target Center. ONE of them will very likely go down, but they're mutually exclusive. I repeat, they're NOT doing both of these deals unless something goes terribly wrong or they get an unbelievable offer they can't refuse. These aren't real new from what I posted before, but it's an update on the directions they're considering.

EITHER:

1. Moving both 2nd rounders and McCants to move into the early 20s of the first round to grab Robin Lopez or Hibbert. If they make this move, they've drafted Mayo at 3.
2. OR They make the Milwaukee trade, moving our #3 for the #8 and Bogut. They'd pray for Gallinari, settle for Eric Gordon, or hope someone like Bayless dropped.

They seem intent on getting a center AND a guard before free agency begins. And equally intent on moving McCants for anything of value, hopefully before the draft. Attitude concerns more than health at this point.

If neither trade comes together, Brook Lopez would be the pick. Bayless would likely go 4th to Seatlle, and Memphis would luck into Mayo (unless of course the Heat make a trade).

As of now, Fred and Stack are on the Mayo bandwagon. McHale and Babcock are Lopez fans.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#2 » by WEFFPIM » Tue May 27, 2008 9:06 pm

There's a massive thread on this already
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,019

Post#3 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 27, 2008 9:07 pm

:-?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#4 » by LUKE23 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Sorry, but this has a 0% chance of happening. The Bucks get absolutely robbed in that deal. Think about it from the Bucks perspective:

1. Bogut would go #3 in this draft.
2. So basically the Bucks trade the #3 guy in this draft for the guy that would go right behind him in Mayo, and also give up another top ten pick in the process.

It's not happening.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#5 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:11 pm

Here's the thread. Feel free to put in your updated info.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=792544
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
cmc32124
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#6 » by cmc32124 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:11 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Sorry, but this has a 0% chance of happening. The Bucks get absolutely robbed in that deal. Think about it from the Bucks perspective:

1. Bogut would go #3 in this draft.
2. So basically the Bucks trade the #3 guy in this draft for the guy that would go right behind him in Mayo, and also give up another top ten pick in the process.

It's not happening.

I didnt say it was going to happen, just trying to pass on some info that i came across. Im sorry if there is a huge thread on it already, i didnt see one when i put it up.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks