Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

htr
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Only Redd trade to Cavs I'd do... 

Post#1 » by htr » Wed May 28, 2008 3:47 am

Redd, Gadzuric, Simmons to Cleveland

Varaejo, Wally, Snow, Smith, 2008 #1 to Milwaukee

We rid ourselves of the garbage we all are seeking to remove from the roster. Varaejo and the #1 can be part of the future for us. Wally, Smith, and Snow will be in the last year of their deals and can give us big time cap room.

This trade works on trade checker. What do you think?
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#2 » by Wise1 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:55 am

Cleveland's #19 this year would probably be better than their #1 next year. I'd consider this move only as a last resort. I have no problem sending Redd to Cleveland if the deal is right. Getting rid of the Gadz and Simmons contract would make the deal quite appealing. Definitely something to consider.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,959

Post#3 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 28, 2008 4:00 am

Redd for #19, Varejao and Wally. That works for me.
htr
Bench Warmer
And1: 61

Post#4 » by htr » Wed May 28, 2008 4:03 am

Works for me probably too, but would it not be better to add in Snow (who might retire anyway) and Joe Smith? Both are in the last year of their deals and will expire when Wally's expires. To get rid of Danny G and Simmons makes this a much better deal to me.
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#5 » by Smooth32 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:08 am

As a Cavs fan I'd be willing to do:

Wally (expiring)
D.Jones (expiring)
Varejao (can opt out)
Pavlovic (partially guaranteed contract)

for

Redd
Gadz
Simmons

I think the Cavs are going to try to keep the #19 pick with us needing some youth infusion and will try to keep Eric Snow to get some major cap relief...
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 28, 2008 4:09 am

I'd love it if we could get them to take on Simmons and/or Danny. But I just can't see that happening.

Wally can be flipped again next February. Varejao is an effective big man. The #19 pick could be Bill Walker, Brandon Rush, Kosta Koufos, etc...

That's a not the greatest package but it isn't bad.

And it makes Cleveland worse, which is the icing on the cake.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 28, 2008 4:11 am

Smooth32 wrote:As a Cavs fan I'd be willing to do:

Wally (expiring)
D.Jones (expiring)
Varejao (can opt out)
Pavlovic (partially guaranteed contract)

for

Redd
Gadz
Simmons

I think the Cavs are going to try to keep the #19 pick with us needing some youth infusion and will try to keep Eric Snow to get some major cap relief...

Not a chance. The two main assets you have outside of LeBron are #19 and Wally's contract and to get Redd that's a minimum of what it'd take.
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Smooth32 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:19 am

DrugBust wrote:Not a chance. The two main assets you have outside of LeBron are #19 and Wally's contract and to get Redd that's a minimum of what it'd take.

I understand it's not pretty and not something that I would probably like if I were a Bucks fan but stars that are on the block usually go for less than what us think on the board here... Just go back and look at past big trades and all those trades are driven on three things: expirings, picks and young talent... The Cavs give you two of those things (a good amount of both too) as well as taking on two bad contracts...

While the Cavs want him, they won't bend over backwards for him... It's not Redd or nothing... There are other options out there...

I probably wouldn't have any problem with Smith, but it's this years first and future firsts is where I get caught up on... You have to remember how youth deprived and pick deprived this team is and how important this draft is..
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#9 » by Profound23 » Wed May 28, 2008 4:22 am

I would like the 19th pick, but if Cleveland is willing to take Simmons and Gadz...then I say it is fine with me not to include it.

3 bad contracts gone....then trade Mo to MIA and we are set.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 28, 2008 4:24 am

Smooth32 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I understand it's not pretty and not something that I would probably like if I were a Bucks fan but stars that are on the block usually go for less than what us think on the board here... Just go back and look at past big trades and all those trades are driven on three things: expirings, picks and young talent... The Cavs give you two of those things (a good amount of both too) as well as taking on two bad contracts...

While the Cavs want him, they won't bend over backwards for him... It's not Redd or nothing... There are other options out there...

I probably wouldn't have any problem with Smith, but it's this years first and future firsts is where I get caught up on... You have to remember how youth deprived and pick deprived this team is and how important this draft is..

Did you forget the part where you're getting an automatic 25 ppg?
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#11 » by hege53190 » Wed May 28, 2008 5:45 am

So Redd gets the Pau Gasol treatment?

I would think that the first deal is a minimum.

As for the Cleveland fan's opinion.

Redd might not be the only option. However Cleveland is not Milwaukee's only option either.

Good luck getting anyone else in the top 50 for scoring let alone in the top 10 for anything the Cavs have to offer.

Maybe you guys could get Zach Randolph or Jamal Crawford. But I think they would ask for at least All your expirings and the number 1 also.

But by all means good luck building that team around LeBron. It looks like you guys have been successfull so far.

By the way I'll take March 1st of next year in the poool for the day LeBron finally snaps and goes postal on his teammates and the entire organization if he heads into next year with Z and Booby Gibson as his 2nd and 3rd options.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 28, 2008 5:50 am

Welcome back, hege. :nod:
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#13 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Wed May 28, 2008 6:06 am

What kind OF GARBAGE IS THAT!?

That is hogwash! What the hell are you doing!? Hell no! Redd is your major chip, you don't trade him to a divisional rival for cow manure of
a motley crew such as that!

They can't help us! You deal Redd for another marquee' player and a
franchise player if you can! Quality for Quality, not quality for quantity!

Leave the Cavs alone! Screw them! We are not obligated to fortify their roster with what they need!

Like I told you before, this is the gold 'trade rule' if you trade your best player in the division you ask for too much!

We don't need Varejo and Wally's slow, tired, no defense playing carcass on this team. Do you all have a crush on these two or something!?

These are bit players who cannot get their own shot nor take over a game and win it when it counts! None of them are playmakers and shotmakers or stoppers!

This is our last chip worth something, and you dont give him away in your own division!

Stop trying to do Redd a favor and send him home to Cleveland! You dont make trades like that. This is a business not a monoply game.

Forget that! Now if you can pull a three team or four team trade that gets him there, fine. And even then I wouldn't do it...But atleast you are not in a position to deal with talented soft Cleveland.

There is not ONE PLAYER on that team I like who can help us! NOT ONE!

This is not about doing Redd a favor. What has he done for us his entire career since the 'Big Three' left? ....Nothing.

This is about the Bucks....first and foremost. And the GM Hammond owes me as a fan to wiegh all options and look fo the best deal possible!

This one is not :noway: it....folks!

:wavefinger:
BucksRuleAll22
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#14 » by BucksRuleAll22 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:18 am

I agree with the OP on this one for the only trade I would accept, but that would be a last resort and I would not want Redd on the Cavs.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#15 » by L&H_05 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:26 am

BucksRuleAll22 wrote: I would not want Redd on the Cavs.
Are you afraid it would make the Cavs to good ?? I'm not convinced Redd is the missing piece..

The guy is 29 years old with the potential of being in his declining infancy and provides nothing more than scoring..

Than again, I'm not looking for a dynasty here... Just one championship..
Dags
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by Dags » Wed May 28, 2008 8:34 am

Given expirings mean little to the Bucks in terms of FA movements, if I had to do Redd to Cleveland then I'd try to make it a 3-team deal where the Cavs expirings went somewhere where they're needed (Nuggets? Knicks?), Redd +Gadz + Simmons to the Cavs, and the Cavs pick plus a legit player/prospect or two come to the Bucks.

Just for craps and giggles, and it probably won't work in the trade checker, I'd be thinking something like this (substitute teams/players with different contracts as needed)
Bucks: Out - Redd, Gadz, Simmons, CV
In - Cleveland 2008 1st, NYK 2008 1st, David Lee, filler

NYK: Out- Lee, 2008 1st, filler
In - Wally, Smith, Damon Jones, CV

Cle: Out- Wally, Smith, Jones, 1st
In - Redd, Simmons, Gadz.

Like I said, won't work in the checker, but if there is a team that really needs to cut salary then we can possibly take advantage of it. Maybe Phoenix could be of use instead of NYK. Or Denver. Whatever, my point doesn't change.
Das ist nümberwang!
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#17 » by power4wardjinx » Wed May 28, 2008 9:47 am

Divisions? The Bucks haven't played the Cavs six times a year since the 1980's.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#18 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed May 28, 2008 11:23 am

DrugBust wrote:Redd for #19, Varejao and Wally. That works for me.

I absolutely start the discussion with the Cavs taking Gadzuric back as well.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#19 » by Wise1 » Wed May 28, 2008 12:09 pm

L&H_05 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Are you afraid it would make the Cavs to good ?? I'm not convinced Redd is the missing piece..

The guy is 29 years old with the potential of being in his declining infancy and provides nothing more than scoring..

Than again, I'm not looking for a dynasty here... Just one championship..

Who are you kidding buddy. You KNOW you'd LOVE to have him. Your 05 mission would finally be complete.

With that being said, I'd rather send Redd to Minny (western conference) in a deal involving their #3 pick (Mayo). Minny would be best served going for a Love or Jordan. They don't need Mayo or Bayless necessarily.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#20 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed May 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Dags wrote:Given expirings mean little to the Bucks in terms of FA movements, if I had to do Redd to Cleveland then I'd try to make it a 3-team deal where the Cavs expirings went somewhere where they're needed (Nuggets? Knicks?), Redd +Gadz + Simmons to the Cavs, and the Cavs pick plus a legit player/prospect or two come to the Bucks.

Just for craps and giggles, and it probably won't work in the trade checker, I'd be thinking something like this (substitute teams/players with different contracts as needed)
Bucks: Out - Redd, Gadz, Simmons, CV
In - Cleveland 2008 1st, NYK 2008 1st, David Lee, filler

NYK: Out- Lee, 2008 1st, filler
In - Wally, Smith, Damon Jones, CV

Cle: Out- Wally, Smith, Jones, 1st
In - Redd, Simmons, Gadz.

Like I said, won't work in the checker, but if there is a team that really needs to cut salary then we can possibly take advantage of it. Maybe Phoenix could be of use instead of NYK. Or Denver. Whatever, my point doesn't change.

Yeah you're about 5000 miles away from getting that to work in the trade checker.

That "filler" you mentioned must be magical in some way, though. Right now the Knicks are trading a solid young player and a high draft pick for a young guy with decent potential and expiring crap. The only thing is that when NY adds their return "filler" both other teams hang up the phone. The Cavs are already crippling their financial short-term future by taking on Gadz/Simmons/Redd and there is no point of us giving up those 3 if we're going to take back some of New York's crap.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks