ImageImage

Milwaukee/Minnesota Trade Revision

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

El Sid
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Milwaukee/Minnesota Trade Revision 

Post#1 » by El Sid » Wed May 28, 2008 5:35 pm

I don't know if either Minnesota or Miami do this but I think it would help out all three teams either immediately or in a couple of seasons.

Taking a page out of LUKE23's Minny/Milwaukee idea:

Mil Gives/Min Gets:
Redd
CV
Gadzuric
??#37??

Mil Gets/Min Gives:
A. Walker
Greg Buckner
Marko Jaric
Rashad McCant

Then Milwaukee makes a splash:

Mil Gives/Miami Gets:
Mo Williams
#3 (O.J. Mayo)
2009 1st Rd. Pk.
??#37??

Mil Gets/Miami Gives:
Blount
#2 Beasley

Breakdown for Minnesota:
PG Randy Foye
SG Michael Redd
SF Corey Brewer or CV
PF Al Jefferson or CV or #8 Love
C Al Jefferson or #8 Love or #8 Lopez or #8 Jordan

Breakdown for Miami:
PG & SG rotation of Wade/Mo/Mayo
PG Mo Williams/Mayo
SG Dwayne Wade/Mayo
SF Shawn Marion
PF Udonis Haslem
C Zo Mourning

Breakdown for Milwaukee:
PG Sessions/Jaric/Bell
SG McCants/Bell/Buckner
SF Beasley/Buckner/Mason/Simmons
PF Yi/Beasley/Blount
C Bogut/Blount

Minnesota:
They still won't contend in the West immediately but this trade would make them an awful lot better. If Randy Foye turns into the PG that they think he will, Michael Redd continues to put up 25 a game, Brewer becomes Bruce Bowen with more offense, Big Al continues to put up 20 a game and Love becomes what McHale thinks he will become, they could be on the brink of the playoffs. Then in a couple of years Redd and Gadz come of the books and they hope Al, Love, Foye and Brewer are in their prime. This squad would look a little bit like the good Sacramento teams a few years ago.

Miami:
They instantly become one of the top 4 teams in the East. No team in the NBA will have the defensive personnel to guard their offense with Wade, Marion and Mayo taking it to the hoop and Mo and Haslem getting wide open jumpers. All they need is a Center to team with Zo and if they get that through FA or another trade, they become the favorite in the East.

Milwaukee:
We do this for every obvious reason. We keep all our core players and get rid of 2007/2008's backcourt of selfishness and the three worst defensive players on our roster: CV, Redd, and Mo. With the Minny trade, we dump two bad salaries and pickup a team option for Walker and only one below average salary in Jaric. Buckner is old but he is a really good defensive player. Jaric would immediately split time with Sessions. We wouldn't pick up Walker's option next year. McCants takes over for Redd and the #3 pk allows us to move up and get Beasley.

In the End:
Bucks Give up Redd, CV, Mo, Gadz, #8, and 1st Rd. Pk next year.
Bucks Get Beasley, McCants, Jaric, Buckner, and Blount.

I think all three teams do this because McHale wants Love, Riley and Wade want Mayo, and we would gladly take Beasley in the frontcourt with Yi and Bogut.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#2 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed May 28, 2008 5:38 pm

I feel like this is more of us just getting garbage scraps for our assets. McCants, Jaric, Buckner, and Blount are all either bad players, bad contracts, or both. Beasley isn't a proven commodity, and I'm not sure I want to give up 2 firsts, Redd, Mo, and CV to get Beasley and garbage... even if we do get to offload Gadzuric.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
El Sid
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by El Sid » Wed May 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Beasley is scraps?

In this league you need to either make a big splash and take a chance or you need to build a perfect defensive, chemistry laden team like the Detroit Pistons.

Building a team like this Pistons is just as much luck as it is anything else and they even made two huge moves with getting Sheed and trading Stack for Rip.

CV, Redd and Mo are never gonna be anything more than selfish offensive players with no D. Redd has good value because he can score 25 a game but he is a negative in every other area. Beasley gives us that Charles Barkley potential. And I know Barkley never won a championship but would you take Barkley in the mid 90's or Redd, CV and Mo now?

A frontcourt of Bogut and Beasley is a scary thought and if Yi ever develops, those three could be amazing to watch for the next 8 years.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,901

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 28, 2008 6:10 pm

We already have a Mil/Min trade thread with several trade proposals...

http://realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=793810

Return to Milwaukee Bucks