ImageImage

bogut's contract update

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

bogut's contract update 

Post#1 » by bayrdbandit » Thu May 29, 2008 8:12 am

bogut was just on the melbourne news talking about his new contract: 5 years $83 million. in $us that's about $75 million give or take. they can't sign till july so nothing is set in stone, but that looks about right.

he showed the news crew around his training facility. holy moses, it's brilliant. full size court, pool, weight room, jerseys on one wall. very nice. anybody know where it is exactly?

he looked a little uncomfortable talking about money. danced around those questions.
RideEmCowboy24
Analyst
And1: 29

Post#2 » by RideEmCowboy24 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:16 am

wow. hammond must have faith in him is all i can figure
Dags
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Dags » Thu May 29, 2008 8:16 am

Holy crap.

I hope he's pulling those numbers out of his bum, given that:
a) He's not even allowed to discuss extensions with the Bucks until July; and
b) I like him as much as anyone here, but he hasn't shown he's worth that much.

Did he say that was the amount, or did the interviewer mention it? That's crazy.
Das ist nümberwang!
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by bayrdbandit » Thu May 29, 2008 8:21 am

Dags wrote:Holy crap.

I hope he's pulling those numbers out of his bum, given that:
a) He's not even allowed to discuss extensions with the Bucks until July; and
b) I like him as much as anyone here, but he hasn't shown he's worth that much.

Did he say that was the amount, or did the interviewer mention it? That's crazy.

they were talking as though it was fact, but as has been noted before, australian media are solely concerned with dollars and cents. they could've been speculating but the figure was mentioned to bogut and he said something like "i'm kind of uncomfortable talking about to be honest".
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#5 » by Sigra » Thu May 29, 2008 8:34 am

15 millions per year for top 2 C in conference? Logical
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by bayrdbandit » Thu May 29, 2008 8:51 am

83 million australian = 80 million u.s.

$16m per year u.s.

that's big money.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#7 » by skones » Thu May 29, 2008 9:07 am

No way he gets 16 million a year.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by bayrdbandit » Thu May 29, 2008 9:10 am

skones wrote:No way he gets 16 million a year.

seems a bit much. that's pushing rashard lewis territory.
Dags
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by Dags » Thu May 29, 2008 10:18 am

bayrdbandit wrote:they were talking as though it was fact, but as has been noted before, australian media are solely concerned with dollars and cents. they could've been speculating but the figure was mentioned to bogut and he said something like "i'm kind of uncomfortable talking about to be honest".

If it didn't come from Boguts mouth then I'll consider it nothing more than speculation.
Das ist nümberwang!
yowie
Ballboy

Post#10 » by yowie » Thu May 29, 2008 10:47 am

I watched it tonight and I dont think that Bogut actually mentioned any figures, rather it was the reporter who threw something out there.

I think that i have read before (last off-season) that he was building a training facility in an industrial sub-division in Frankston, so I think from the outside it would just look like your run-of-the-mill factory. It looked pretty amazing on the interior with steam room, lap pool, full court & gym equipment plus a ton of memoribilia.
[/list][/quote]
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#11 » by tyland » Thu May 29, 2008 10:47 am

If he is getting 16 million per year he will be hated on here in no time. At the moment he is not worth that much. If he gets a jumpshot and is consistently going up strong, then maybe, but until then 16 million is at least 5 million too much.

Just out of interest, what channel was this on bayrbandit? Might catch the late news.
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#12 » by tyland » Thu May 29, 2008 10:51 am

yowie wrote:I watched it tonight and I dont think that Bogut actually mentioned any figures, rather it was the reporter who threw something out there.

I think that i have read before (last off-season) that he was building a training facility in an industrial sub-division in Frankston, so I think from the outside it would just look like your run-of-the-mill factory. It looked pretty amazing on the interior with steam room, lap pool, full court & gym equipment plus a ton of memoribilia.
[/list]
[/quote]

I thought the factory would be in Dandenong, as that is where he grew up. I believe it is down the road from one of the other Melbourne based posters work (Bigricho??? - I think). That is a heavy industrial area.
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#13 » by Franc » Thu May 29, 2008 11:03 am

Dags wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If it didn't come from Boguts mouth then I'll consider it nothing more than speculation.

You are right, so far it's only media speculation and not Andrew's words.

Bogut set to cash in with Bucks
April 25, 2008 The Age
ANDREW Bogut is poised to sign a contract extension with NBA club Milwaukee Bucks that will take his salary into the stratosphere before he joins up with the Australian team for the Beijing Olympic Games.
Bogut, 23, has steadily improved in each of his three seasons in the NBA and the No. 1 pick from the 2005 draft is about to reap the rewards. The Victorian is set to make $A6.65 million next season, but is eligible to sign a contract extension for a further five years that will likely be around $A63 million-$A79 million.
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
bayrdbandit
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by bayrdbandit » Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

it was on channel 10, so you can guarantee it'll be on sports tonight. i'll watch again and try and be more specific on the quotes.

as for the training facility, i would've thought dandenong initially but he has a house in patterson lakes so do his parents, so frankston sounds more realistic. if so, i'm guessing it's near the basketball stadium.
benultimate
Bench Warmer
And1: 856

Post#15 » by benultimate » Thu May 29, 2008 11:25 am

yeh Bogut at no stage mentioned any dollar figure, he avoided questions about contracts and how much his training joint cost

the story completely revolved around how much he's gonna get paid. they showed a list of the top 10 highest earning aussie sports people, and mentioned a couple of times that he will be top of that list when he gets his extension.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#16 » by REDDzone » Thu May 29, 2008 11:41 am

I love Bogut, but this would depress me.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#17 » by trwi7 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:07 pm

If that's true then so much for Hammond placing a "sound salary structure" within the organization.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#18 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu May 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Mo also said something about 70-80M in an interview last summer.

I don't believe Bogut will get more than 5YRS/$60M
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#19 » by showtimesam » Thu May 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Since Bogut himself never mentioned a figure all of that is pure speculation. I'm sure he won't get 16 millin per year, but he'll get something very good, and I'll be happy that the Bucks keep him in the fold.

He's already a better all around player than max redd.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#20 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 29, 2008 5:31 pm

Watch Bogut get the max contract.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks