Post#81 » by kebzach » Sun Jun 1, 2008 2:52 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Indiana University guard Eric Gordon doesn
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter
And1: 0

Post#82 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Sun Jun 1, 2008 3:12 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I have something to say as well. I am the Little Old Lady From Pasadena. :oops:

Yeah, The good ol'Little Old Lady from Pasadena, remember her?...............................I @#$%*& her
:wink:
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#83 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Jun 1, 2008 4:01 am

bigkurty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:o What are the odds that a beach boy and an NBA player come from the same family? I bet that family dynamic is strange. Like some of the family members must have incredible envy and jealousy of others if its a large family right? I always wondered how the family dynamic evolves when one of the members becomes that big actually. I imagine they are either happy for them, jealous of them, or try to use them are the main options. Does anyone on the board here have an incredibly successful family member who can share their experience? Sorry to ask an OT question but it seems like an interesting side discussion if anyone has any experience with this type of situation.

Yeah the Beach Boys also took some songs Charles Manson had written and used them too. After that, I dont think anything else that associates with the beach boys can really be surprising.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#84 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Jun 1, 2008 3:55 pm

As measurements seem to be leaking out, I found a little reference to Love on nbadraft.net that says he measured out be be 6'8.25 without shoes. For some reason nbadraft.net says that wasn't a good result for him, however, depending on the thinkness of the sole of his shoes he could be listed at 6'9, 6'9.5, or 6'10.25 which in my opinion doesn't sound like a bad result for him.

Oh and the also said thta Greene could only lift 185lbs one time.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,053

Post#85 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 1, 2008 4:25 pm

I agree CBQ, if Love did measure out at 6-9" with shoes, that isn't bad. I'd like to also know the wingspan.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,728

Post#86 » by emunney » Sun Jun 1, 2008 4:26 pm

That's pretty much where I expected Love to measure. Taller than May and Boozer, same height as Al Jefferson and David West. The key will be his wingspan, but I think his arms are longer than most people expect. I think his reach will be about 9', maybe an inch shy, but we'll see. Tough to eyeball those things.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,053

Post#87 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 1, 2008 4:35 pm

emunney wrote: Taller than May and Boozer, same height as Al Jefferson and David West. .

This pretty much seals his fate as going at pick #7.

I think it would have taken a 6-7" without shoes measurement for him to drop to us.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#88 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Jun 1, 2008 4:48 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This pretty much seals his fate as going at pick #7.

I think it would have taken a 6-7" without shoes measurement for him to drop to us.

:rockon:
I really hope you're right and hes not an option in any way. (though thats assuming the Bucks actually keep the 8th pick to grab someone anyways, which seems to be a big stretch at this point)
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#89 » by Wise1 » Sun Jun 1, 2008 5:04 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:As measurements seem to be leaking out, I found a little reference to Love on nbadraft.net that says he measured out be be 6'8.25 without shoes. For some reason nbadraft.net says that wasn't a good result for him, however, depending on the thinkness of the sole of his shoes he could be listed at 6'9, 6'9.5, or 6'10.25 which in my opinion doesn't sound like a bad result for him.

Oh and the also said thta Greene could only lift 185lbs one time.

Wasn't that like one more than Durant? LOL.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#90 » by fam3381 » Sun Jun 1, 2008 6:05 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:This pretty much seals his fate as going at pick #7.

You think the Clippers would take him or do you just mean that he'll be gone by then? I picture him being gone by our pick but I doubt the Clips are going to be the ones who take him.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#91 » by carmelbrownqueen » Sun Jun 1, 2008 7:35 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I agree CBQ, if Love did measure out at 6-9" with shoes, that isn't bad. I'd like to also know the wingspan.
I saw him as a PF on the next level anyway, so measuring out at 6'9 wouldn't be a problem really. I'm hoping with the weight loss and training he's been going through that he can increase his footspeed and lateral quickness to the point where he's more than just adequate at his new position.

So I really don't see why measuring at 6'8.25 would be a real problem.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#92 » by Debit One » Sun Jun 1, 2008 7:54 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I think it would have taken a 6-7" without shoes measurement for him to drop to us.

This is why I've always seen Love in Milwaukee as a real long shot. If he measures out, someone above us takes him. If he doesn't, then we probably pass.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#93 » by Bernman » Sun Jun 1, 2008 8:19 pm

How is 6'8.25/6'9.5 a bad result? He's either on the high side of 6'9" as far as the NBA is concerned, or you round up and he's 6'10". Pretty standard for an NBA starting power forward really. Especially when you have his strength. Most power forwards are either considered tall for the position or strong. Some are neither. Bosh is just tall, Boozer is just strong, Brand is strong, Garnett is tall, West is neither, Nowitzki is tall, J-Smoove is neither, Warrick is neither, Lewis is probably neither, Gasol is tall, etc. Aldridge is probably the closest to being tall and strong. But is there a singular player on that list that Love won't have either a strength or height advantage against? He can neutralize the taller player's height with his big body and shoot over some of the smaller players. NBADraft.net doesn't make any sense.

I never understood the rumours that he was 6'7". Pretty ignorant if you ask me. He's never been listed remotely close to that height.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,728

Post#94 » by emunney » Sun Jun 1, 2008 8:32 pm

I don't think there were any real rumors that he was 6'7". He was listed at 6'10" and it was generally accepted that he was really 6'9". Maybe as short as 6'8", some whispered. The 6'7" thing was a 'fan' addition, because what's another inch?

The reach and athleticism are still going to be somewhat important to his stock, but I think any team that drafts him isn't going to draft him for those reasons, and probably isn't going to be turned off by anything but shockingly negative numbers, so it might not matter at all.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#95 » by Bernman » Sun Jun 1, 2008 8:50 pm

emunney wrote:I don't think there were any real rumors that he was 6'7". He was listed at 6'10" and it was generally accepted that he was really 6'9". Maybe as short as 6'8", some whispered. The 6'7" thing was a 'fan' addition, because what's another inch?

The reach and athleticism are still going to be somewhat important to his stock, but I think any team that drafts him isn't going to draft him for those reasons, and probably isn't going to be turned off by anything but shockingly negative numbers, so it might not matter at all.

If he has T-Rex arms to exacerbate his average height, then a question about whether he'll be smothered by opponents with long arms is a valid one.

But if you have the tape you know who is athletic on a basketball court. Monta Ellis only leaped 31 inches at the pre-draft camp, and had a pretty average 3/4 court sprint. However, if you watched him in the Hoops Summit game and others, you could see that he covered ground quicker than about anybody ever and was the rare little guy who could effortlessly dunk in the halfcourt. Love can't really run the floor, but is an explosive leaper under the basket....almost Barkley-esque. Quick and powerful. I don't care if his vert is 20 inches quite frankly. Nobody is expecting to go all Vince Carter on Frederich Weisses in the league.
youngbuck
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#96 » by youngbuck » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:34 am

come on guys you are all giving up a little easy. i for one think kevin love will be there at number 8. top 4 are set (rose, beasley, OJ Mayo, bayless - who knows which order though). everyone knows gallinari will go number 6 to d'antoni. that leaves picks 5 and 7 above us. there is no doubt randolph will go as one of these picks, most likely 5. he will definetely go before love...you want a 6'11 athletic 18 year old or a 6'8 white 19 year old...skills aside, the former will always win out. i'm not saying i agree with it, but GMs always choose height, athletiscm and youth. that leaves pick 7. now, why would clippers take love here? i can't see them taking love, its their backcourt that needs work. westbrook - now thats a possibility.

and i believe if we end up with either of the UCLA players, i'll be happy. so even if they DO take love, we get westbrook, who i reckon is better for us anyway.

alexander i'd also be quite pleased with cos i love athletic players, but honestly i know deep down that he has a lot of improving to do before improving a team. westbrook or love i think could improve us immediately. eric gordon? hmm...if we could perhaps trade redd this pick would be ok. but i still wouldn't be as happy as with them 3 other guys.

all in all, best case scenario, we get westbrook. runners up prize = love.

i dunno if you guys realise how good westbrook is. still a teen. good height for a PG with room to grow perhaps. great athletiscm and most importantly the kid plays hard. (come on, wouldn't you guys love having this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FP0ua5xFw4 in your team?)
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,023

Post#97 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:42 am

Westbrook's one of the projects with a legit skill that makes him valuable even if he never reaches his potential. No matter what, even if he never develops PG skills and a reliable long range jumper, he'll always be a great defender and a worthy 6th man IMO. Sort of like a rich man's Charlie Bell circa 2006.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#98 » by Wise1 » Mon Jun 2, 2008 5:52 am

That dunk was NASTY.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#99 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jun 2, 2008 6:00 am

I think he did a similar dunk against Oregon that I saw.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks