ImageImage

Chi Trib: Wade being offered for #1?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#21 » by Mags FTW » Wed Jun 4, 2008 12:34 am

When a player who is young and entering his prime averages 19 Games Missed per season, you have to worry about what's going to happen after a couple more years of wear and tear.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#22 » by REDDzone » Wed Jun 4, 2008 12:38 am

Mags FTW wrote:When a player who is young and entering his prime averages 19 Games Missed per season, you have to worry about what's going to happen after a couple more years of wear and tear.

This is what I think, Wade could be the most talented player on the planet and it wouldn't matter if he can't get out on the court.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#23 » by andonewheel » Wed Jun 4, 2008 9:16 am

What boggles my mind about all this speculation is that despite any rumors, nobody outside the Bulls organization knows who they want to draft first. If Miami prefers a specific player (either Rose or Beasley) bad enough to trade up for #1, and they don't yet know if that player will be at 2, why would they consider that type of trade yet?

And Wade had some knee problems, but his shoulder injury doesn't seem like a recurring problem. I can't imagine he'll be traded when he is a young, top 5-10 player when healthy. Also, Chicago is going to have these same injury concerns and require a physical before the trade is completed. Would Miami risk trading an injured Wade knowing the trade may be unsuccessful and Wade may then return to the team bitter about being traded?
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#24 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Wed Jun 4, 2008 10:09 am

fam3381 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I can't believe they even printed that.
It is what you hate about the print media...

A typical grandstanding, attention grabbing, look at me, buy my paper type of nonsense headliner...

A bunch of crap to get the name of their paper on the internet blog scene and get suckers like many here writing about it with no validity at all.

The more outlandish the more they print it...Ignore it.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,200

Post#25 » by BBallFreak » Wed Jun 4, 2008 11:01 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I've posted this for the last 3 years but I'll post it again. The Bucks medical staff might have vetoed the Bucks picking Wade in the 2003 draft based on concerns about his knee problems they saw pre-draft.

Hey guys, Heat fan here.

Their were no concerns about his knee in the pre-draft. His knee injury comes from a freak play about a year ago. He required surgery, but put it off because we were making a playoff run. Rather unwisely in retrospect, he waited until after the season. It was known, from the get go, that Wade would not be 100% this past year, but that it would take him playing through it to strengthen his knee.

This is NOT a pre-existing condition.

Oh, and the Chicago rumor is complete BS. Wade's going nowhere...
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#26 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed Jun 4, 2008 12:28 pm

This rumor makes complete sense.

You know, if beforehand, Riley starts smoking rocks, dropping acid, and then gets hit in the head with a shovel.

On second thought, he probably still wouldnt do that deal afterwards.
PaBuck
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#27 » by PaBuck » Wed Jun 4, 2008 1:58 pm

If the Bulls were in a position to win it all next year, I could see the trade. However, this is not the case. It would be high risk for the Bulls. Wade's knees have been a ongoing concern since he declared. A team on the cusp of winning like the Mavs would make more sense. Trading in a Pat Riley initiated deal is asking for trouble. Just can't see the Bulls not drafting Rose.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by BBallFreak » Wed Jun 4, 2008 6:14 pm

PaBuck wrote:If the Bulls were in a position to win it all next year, I could see the trade. However, this is not the case. It would be high risk for the Bulls. Wade's knees have been a ongoing concern since he declared. A team on the cusp of winning like the Mavs would make more sense. Trading in a Pat Riley initiated deal is asking for trouble. Just can't see the Bulls not drafting Rose.

Where does that come from?

I've been a Heat fan since the day they started playing and follow pretty damn closely. Until last season, when Wade got injured, I'd never heard a word about his knees.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#29 » by europa » Wed Jun 4, 2008 6:18 pm

BBallFreak wrote:Their were no concerns about his knee in the pre-draft.

This is the Bucks' former medical staff we're talking about. This is the same group that thought T.J. Ford was day-to-day for a year and a half.
Nothing will not break me.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by BBallFreak » Wed Jun 4, 2008 7:16 pm

europa wrote:This is the Bucks' former medical staff we're talking about. This is the same group that thought T.J. Ford was day-to-day for a year and a half.

That should say it all. I payed very close attention to that draft and never heard word one about Wade's knee, nor have I since. Hell, I've watched him since day one and let me tell you, his knees have looked fine up until a year ago...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks