ImageImage

Official Bucks Player Workout Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#21 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:27 pm

pasting_monkeys wrote:Nathan Jawai is clearly not used to being interviewed. He was so nervous.
Yeah he was really nervous.

Also, I recognize that I am on a message board primarily with men as the posters, but I want to add something perhaps only a female would notice when looking at Nathan Jawai. It's funny I kept staring at his eyes in this video because it looked like he had on eyeliner or mascara. I could definitely see him as a crossdresser/female impersonator.

Okay I will move on now. :lol:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#22 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:28 pm

Oh and wow MIG.. thanks for adding so much. You did a wonderful job!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#23 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:43 pm

According to hoopshype.com we had 6'3 PG Stanley Burrell in today for a workout.

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,657

Post#24 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:49 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:According to hoopshype.com we had 6'3 PG Stanley Burrell in today for a workout.

Today is Thursday :wink:
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#25 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:55 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Today is Thursday :wink:
I'm way to ready for this week to be over with.. fantasizing that it's Friday already!

fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#26 » by fam3381 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 7:10 pm

I think Stanley Burrell is only interviewing to replace Rany as MC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC_Hammer

Actually he's a Billups-sized PG from Xavier...pretty poor offensively but also A-10 defensive player of the year. Here's some editorial from DX:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Sta ... rrell-541/

Burrell left a strong impression with the way he played at Portsmouth, and he continued to impress here at the Pro Training Center at IMG Academy as well, as he is very good at a couple of things he does well. The first thing you notice about him is his chiseled frame
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#27 » by fam3381 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 7:20 pm

FYI, Burrell measured 6'1.5"/6'2.5"/6'6.5"/8'1.25"/200 lbs in Orlando. Jumped 29.5"/34.5" while doing an impressive 21 reps of 185 pounds. His measurements are nearly the same as Charlie Bell's and he seems a similarly styled player from what I've read...tweener 1/2 who can shoot a bit from the outside but is noted more for his defensive abilities.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#28 » by smauss » Thu Jun 5, 2008 8:29 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Also, I recognize that I am on a message board primarily with men as the posters, but I want to add something perhaps only a female would notice when looking at Nathan Jawai. It's funny I kept staring at his eyes in this video because it looked like he had on eyeliner or mascara. I could definitely see him as a crossdresser/female impersonator.

:rofl: Thanks CBQ, I needed a good chuckle! BTW, your right (as usual) I wouldn't have noticed.......... :wink:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#29 » by stellation » Thu Jun 5, 2008 9:52 pm

:lol:
You're not crazy, Nathan's eyes do look like that and it's been joked about a bit in Australia from time to time. His hand gestures can be a little effeminate as well too, so start the rumour mill! He seriously is a lovely, lovely, lovely kid- apart from being a decent enough talent to draft anyway, he is definitely someone that GMs will love if they are looking for good character guys.

On the subject of basketballers with eye makeup- am I the only one in the world who looks at Luke Walton and thinks he is wearing eye liner permanently?
#FreeChuckDiesel
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#30 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jun 5, 2008 10:43 pm

smauss wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: Thanks CBQ, I needed a good chuckle! BTW, your right (as usual) I wouldn't have noticed.......... :wink:
You are very welcome.. Seriously though, that was the first thing I noticed when the video started. I had to rewatch it just so that I could notice what he was talking about.

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#31 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jun 5, 2008 10:50 pm

stellation wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You're not crazy, Nathan's eyes do look like that and it's been joked about a bit in Australia from time to time. His hand gestures can be a little effeminate as well too, so start the rumour mill! He seriously is a lovely, lovely, lovely kid- apart from being a decent enough talent to draft anyway, he is definitely someone that GMs will love if they are looking for good character guys.

On the subject of basketballers with eye makeup- am I the only one in the world who looks at Luke Walton and thinks he is wearing eye liner permanently?

What's funny (not to completely derail the thread) is that many times society talks about how visual men are. While conversely failing to recognize that women typically also are very visual creatures (some repress it though)... so as I was initially watching the video all I could see was this guy wearing full drag. Heels. Skirt. Wig. Fake breasts.. the whole deal. I almost spit out the water I was drinking at my desk just watching him.

Regarding Luke Walton.. you are probably one of the few males on the board to admit noticing it, but you're right he does sometimes look like he has on quite a bit of eye makeup (so does Jerome James).

bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#32 » by bigkurty » Thu Jun 5, 2008 11:58 pm

Here's Luke for you:

He acts like he doesn't like it but you know he does.

Ok sorry for fueling the OT fire there.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#33 » by stellation » Fri Jun 6, 2008 1:08 am

What's funny (not to completely derail the thread) is that many times society talks about how visual men are. While conversely failing to recognize that women typically also are very visual creatures (some repress it though)... so as I was initially watching the video all I could see was this guy wearing full drag. Heels. Skirt. Wig. Fake breasts.. the whole deal. I almost spit out the water I was drinking at my desk just watching him.

Regarding Luke Walton.. you are probably one of the few males on the board to admit noticing it, but you're right he does sometimes look like he has on quite a bit of eye makeup (so does Jerome James).

Hey, I'm even willing to admit that for every part hustle Al Horford brings he brings 1 1/2 parts handsome ;)
#FreeChuckDiesel
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#34 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jun 6, 2008 2:57 am

stellation wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hey, I'm even willing to admit that for every part hustle Al Horford brings he brings 1 1/2 parts handsome ;)

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#35 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jun 6, 2008 2:59 am

Back on track though.

According to hoopshype.com, the Bucks will work out 6'1 Stefhon Hannah on June 13th.

Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#36 » by Buck You » Fri Jun 6, 2008 3:01 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Back on track though.

According to hoopshype.com, the Bucks will work out 6'1 Stefhon Hannah on June 13th.

Oh the Bucks and their 2nd rounders.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#37 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jun 6, 2008 1:55 pm

Today's workout (according to Bucks.com) is with:

Joe Alexander
Stanley Burrell
Donte Greene
Anthony Randolph
Brian Roberts
Walter Sharpe

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,657

Post#38 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jun 6, 2008 2:17 pm

I'll update the listing with (at least some of) yesterday's workouts sometime today.

Alexander vs. Randolph. Nice.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#39 » by cam2win » Fri Jun 6, 2008 2:26 pm

Glad to see Randolph and Alexander in the same day.

I'm hoping to hear reports to confirm my opinion that Joe is much better and more complete than Randolph.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#40 » by mcfromage » Fri Jun 6, 2008 2:29 pm

Via JSONLINE:

LSU's Randolph among Bucks workout warriors
By Charles F. Gardner
Friday, Jun 6 2008, 09:19 AM
The Bucks released the list of the six draft prospects who will work out today at the Cousins Center, and it includes Louisiana State freshman forward Anthony Randolph.

The 6-foot-11, 220-pound Randolph averaged 15.6 points and 8.5 rebounds for the Tigers last season. He won't turn 19 years old until July 15.

Also scheduled to work out for the Bucks today are junior small forward Joe Alexander of West Virginia; senior guard Stanley Burrell of Xavier; freshman forward Donte Greene of Syracuse; senior guard Brian Roberts of Dayton; and sophomore forward Walter Sharpe of Alabama-Birmingham.

The 6-9, 245-pound Sharpe was academically ineligible for the spring semester at UAB and played in just 12 games, averaging 14.2 points and 6.8 rebounds.

The Bucks hold the eighth and 37th picks in the June 26 draft.

General manager John Hammond said the recent Orlando pre-draft camp gave the Bucks staff a better feel for what is available to them in the lottery portion of the draft. The projected top picks did some individual drills at the end of the camp, in addition to being weighed and measured.

"What it made me feel like, it reassured me we would get a good player at No. 8," Hammond said.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks