ImageImage

Yi for Brandon Wright and #14?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,712

Post#21 » by emunney » Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:22 pm

What does Wright weigh now? If 225+, I'd think about it. If we're resigned to fronting any half-decent post PFs, I'd rather do it with Yi, who's longer than Wright.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#22 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:24 pm

xTitan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I disagree 100% with the bolded statement above, even people that don'tlike Yi would have to admit he is a FAR better prospect than Wright.

I agree he's a better prospect, but I think the inclusion of another lottery pick completely tips the scale in our favor for value (value not body weight :( ). If Yi's camp pulled the trade me card hard again this summer, I'd be completely satisfied with a deal of this nature.
Go Bucks!
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#23 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:32 pm

If Yi pulls the "trade me" card, I'd be most happy with sticking him in the D-League for a good laugh. That provides more entertainment value than Wright would.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,457

Post#24 » by SupremeHustle » Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:33 pm

I disagree 100% with the bolded statement above, even people that don'tlike Yi would have to admit he is a FAR better prospect than Wright.

We would? Based on what?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#25 » by europa » Thu Jun 5, 2008 5:36 pm

MFScho wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree he's a better prospect, but I think the inclusion of another lottery pick completely tips the scale in our favor for value (value not body weight :( ). If Yi's camp pulled the trade me card hard again this summer, I'd be completely satisfied with a deal of this nature.

I wouldn't primarily because I'm just not a big fan of Brandon Wright. I don't mind the pick because I think the Bucks could snare Rush there and he's the guy I really like after the Top 3-5 in this draft. But I just can't get excited about trading for Wright - even if Yi pulls another stunt like he did last year.
Nothing will not break me.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,741

Post#26 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:04 pm

For what it is worth, I play ball with a close associatte of Yi's. And Yi is happy playing for the Bucks, and planning on being back next season.

The only two things that could keep Yi from coming back are:

1) Yi's management forcing a hold out (against Yi's will)

2) Hammond deciding (on his own) that all things considered Yi is just not in his plans, and trading him

But again, I have talked at length with a guy that hangs out with Yi every day, and he swears that Yi is content and excited to be a Buck next season. And management has no fear of a looming stand off.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#27 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:08 pm

Its a terrible deal, Wright is skinny garbage and the #14 won't come anywhere close to Yi's potential.....Yi isn't going anywhere.
nuff said.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#28 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:18 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I wouldn't primarily because I'm just not a big fan of Brandon Wright. I don't mind the pick because I think the Bucks could snare Rush there and he's the guy I really like after the Top 3-5 in this draft. But I just can't get excited about trading for Wright - even if Yi pulls another stunt like he did last year.
The only way I would consider this deal would be if they would take CV instead other than that they can keep the 14th pick. I like Brandon Rush a lot but I think better value is CV for Rush rather than Yi for Rush.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#29 » by fam3381 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:23 pm

Will Perdude wrote:But again, I have talked at length with a guy that hangs out with Yi every day, and he swears that Yi is content and excited to be a Buck next season. And management has no fear of a looming stand off.

Interesting stuff, WP. I've never gotten the impression Yi personally had a problem in Milwaukee--he seemed to integrate pretty well with the team, management obviously has invested a lot in him and the fans have been great to him so far. Aside from that he's a hard-working guy who I've heard doesn't go out much anyway, so I've never bought the "Hollywood" talk. I'm sure some of his people would rather he be playing elsewhere, but I think Milwaukee is a pretty great place for him to develop his game.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
NW
Starter
And1: 347

Post#30 » by NW » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:27 pm

Not worth discussing Bucks fans. This is just typical Chad Ford BS.

He and Bill Simmons, for some reason, think it's Yi's manifest destiny to play in the Bay Area under Nelson - unfortunately the Warriors have never implied to feel the same way.

They're happy with Wright, you're happy with Yi and this trade doesn't benefit GS. Doesn't benefit the Bucks either if they feel like some here do about Wright.

In short, nothing to see here.
europa
RealGM

Post#31 » by europa » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:29 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The only way I would consider this deal would be if they would take CV instead other than that they can keep the 14th pick. I like Brandon Rush a lot but I think better value is CV for Rush rather than Yi for Rush.

I agree. I still don't want Brandon Wright, though. But if Villanueva could fetch 14/filler I'd go for that.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#32 » by smauss » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:34 pm

I agree. I still don't want Brandon Wright, though. But if Villanueva could fetch 14/filler I'd go for that.

:nod: Definitely I'd do that! The Yi deal won't happen IMO.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
NW
Starter
And1: 347

Post#33 » by NW » Thu Jun 5, 2008 6:42 pm

Trust me, he can't.

Nothing against Villanueva, and I do think the Ws would gladly trade the #14 for a vet, but I doubt he'd be it.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,754

Post#34 » by Ayt » Thu Jun 5, 2008 7:05 pm

emunney wrote:What does Wright weigh now? If 225+, I'd think about it. If we're resigned to fronting any half-decent post PFs, I'd rather do it with Yi, who's longer than Wright.

Do you really think Wright was able to gain 25 pounds that quickly with his frame? Remember, this time last year he weighed 200 pounds even.
europa
RealGM

Post#35 » by europa » Thu Jun 5, 2008 7:05 pm

NW wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Trust me, he can't.

Nothing against Villanueva, and I do think the Ws would gladly trade the #14 for a vet, but I doubt he'd be it.

I'm not surprised. I wouldn't make that trade if I was the Warriors either.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#36 » by Bernman » Thu Jun 5, 2008 8:06 pm

I've orgasmed twice since I read this report.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#37 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Thu Jun 5, 2008 8:29 pm

Done!

Absolutely you do it! Then draft Donte Greene....Yes yes yes...a thousand times yes!

Brandan Wright and the #14, hell yes! I would add Redd and give me Baron Davis to make it more enticing.

But I would take that deal and wash your hands with Yi who will leave anyhow!Pluse Yi is hurt even now! And he will come to camp exhausted.

Wash your hands with Harris' people and build your own team Hammond!

Larry Harris should not have made the deal to get him anyways! He was Larry Harris' pick. Get rid of him...

I would use the #14 to get Joe Alexander perhaps or Donte' Greene. Roy Hibbert might be too high to take at #14 but I would take him to back up Bogut and play some defense as well.

Throw in Redd and Gadzuric or Bell to this deal and ask for Marco Belinelli as well?

Done!
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#38 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Thu Jun 5, 2008 8:46 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:I would not be terribly upset with this deal, given how awful Yi looked at the end of the year, coupled with the fact that he will have no off-season to recover and get ready for next year. I would much rather try to package him with Redd and our pick and get the best available player. Maybe check on the availability of Dirk. I wonder if Dallas would entertain Redd, Yi, and our pick for Dirk and Brandon Bass. Dirk and Bogut would win a lot of games in the east.
You are wise.
Excellent deal... :clap:
Impossible and has a zero chance of working but you got your thinking cap on.

I love your effort and this proposed deal. It makes sense for us but not the Mavs.

Brandon Bass is just the kind of young monster we need...excellent trade idea.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,712

Post#39 » by emunney » Thu Jun 5, 2008 8:49 pm

Ayt wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Do you really think Wright was able to gain 25 pounds that quickly with his frame? Remember, this time last year he weighed 200 pounds even.

I remember. That was my way of saying I wouldn't do it.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,518

Post#40 » by Profound23 » Thu Jun 5, 2008 9:03 pm

The problem is, if Yi develops then you just traded Dirk for Tractor Traylor all over again....so that 14th pick better turn out to be an allstar.

I have my doubts about Yi, but even more about Brandan Wright....and I am a UNC fan.

They are talking about this trade on 1250am, and those guys are clowns. Talking about Yi straight up for Monta Ellis, or Yi plus Gadz/Simmons for Baron Davis. They sound like Cav fans offering garbage for allstars (or near allstars).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks