ImageImage

Ramon Sessions vs Jordan Farmar

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#21 » by Ruzious » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:23 pm

Nebula1 wrote:I'd say quickness is a push, as well as athleticism being in Sessions' favor. But you're definitely seeing what I'm looking at. I think Sessions eventually passes Farmar as a player and moves to the next level.

Given the opportunity, etc.

As an aside, thoughts on Ramon Sessions vs Rajon Rondo? I think that's more difficult to project.

Farmar and Rondo are significantly quicker than Sessions, but Sessions is bigger. None of them from the perimeter very well. They all have their plusses defensively - in different ways - Rondo with his length, Farmar with his aggressiveness, and Sessions with size and strength. Whichever of them develops a consistent 3 point shot stands to become the best, but right now, Sessions is 3rd.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#22 » by REDDzone » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Farmar and Rondo are significantly quicker than Sessions, but Sessions is bigger. None of them from the perimeter very well. They all have their plusses defensively - in different ways - Rondo with his length, Farmar with his aggressiveness, and Sessions with size and strength. Whichever of them develops a consistent 3 point shot stands to become the best, but right now, Sessions is 3rd.

Now you've done it.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
PaBuck
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#23 » by PaBuck » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:51 pm

Sessions has the coach in Skiles to take him as far as he can go. Talk to you next summer. The potential is there as Skiles probably noticed at a Bulls'game back in April.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#24 » by jerrod » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:59 pm

AussieBuck wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Celtics still look like the best defensive team with Cassell on the court and he's a poor mans Mo Williams at this point of his career. Sessions would look great setting up Garnett, Pierce and Allen.

that's definitely a possibility. the deal with rondo at this point imo though, is more confidence and composure based than actual skill. sure, a lot of point guards in this league could rack up gaudy assist numbers next to that kind of talent. but how many 2nd year guys coming off being on one of the worst teams in basketball could make that jump?
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#25 » by REDDzone » Mon Jun 9, 2008 3:01 pm

If we are talking potential who knows?

If the question was legitimately whose better at this moment? Obviously absurd.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#26 » by Chapter29 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 4:10 pm

jerrod wrote:as opposed to being a ridiculous homer that thinks our young point guard that's played 17 games is better than all these random people he comes up with?

oh i'm sorry, was that too negative for you? geez

Nope. I really don't mind. I was just simply commenting on a habit of yours to add sarcastic / smartass comments to threads. In some cases it adds levity, in other cases, not so much.

You can do whatever you wish.

As far as Sessions is concerned, I guess I have a wait and see attitude. I must admit just on hopes and dreams, I would rather see more Sessions and less Mo running the point.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#27 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 4:56 pm

REDDzone wrote:If we are talking potential who knows?

If the question was legitimately whose better at this moment? Obviously absurd.

When I orignally posed the question, I was more concerned about the long-term value of these players. It can't be argued that Farmar, Gibson, Rondo, etc. have more experience than Sessions, but we do have some observation time of Sessions and I think a good scout good make at least a guess on who the best long prospects are.

There are other PGs in Sessions' age group who should be considered, but Rondo and Farmar are relevant to the Finals so that's why I brought them up.

Of these 4, I'd rank their long term potential returns at:

1. Rondo
2. Sessions
3. Farmar
4. Gibson

I'm a bit of a homer as well and proud of it, but I do think Sessions could be doing very well directly this particular Celtics team. I also think Rondo would've struggled quite a bit with our Bucks team and would not have pushed Mo Williams to the bench as Ramon Sessions did.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#28 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 4:59 pm

Ruzious wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I would disagree about Farmar and Rondo being "significantly" quicker or any quicker for that matter, than Sessions. And yes Sessions is bigger and a better offensive player than either of them.

So who is the best player of the 3 in 4 years? That's the real question.
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#29 » by jerrod » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:00 pm

Chapter29 wrote:As far as Sessions is concerned, I guess I have a wait and see attitude. I must admit just on hopes and dreams, I would rather see more Sessions and less Mo running the point.

a wait and see attitude is exactly what i've been posting with, i'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me. i didn't say anything negative, i just didn't make any gushing predictions like certain people
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#30 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:04 pm

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

a wait and see attitude is exactly what i've been posting with, i'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me. i didn't say anything negative, i just didn't make any gushing predictions like certain people

Isn't prediction the fun part of these boards? Sure, I enjoy discussing things after the fact as well, but projection is my favorite part of the NBA. I like picking 3 or 4 rookies each draft who I think will do well (apart from the obvious Lebrons) and tracking their careers. But you've got to make an educated guess on their projection. It's no different from picking stocks. Can't make any money without putting some money on rookies (IPOs).
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#31 » by Chapter29 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:23 pm

jerrod wrote:a wait and see attitude is exactly what i've been posting with, i'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me. i didn't say anything negative, i just didn't make any gushing predictions like certain people

I am not disagreeing with you on Sessions at all. Just making a general comment.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#32 » by jerrod » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:27 pm

Chapter29 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am not disagreeing with you on Sessions at all. Just making a general comment.

well in that case, i just can't fight my natural predilection towards sarcastic comments :dontknow: :D
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#33 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:14 am

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

that's definitely a possibility. the deal with rondo at this point imo though, is more confidence and composure based than actual skill. sure, a lot of point guards in this league could rack up gaudy assist numbers next to that kind of talent. but how many 2nd year guys coming off being on one of the worst teams in basketball could make that jump?
I'm on the Celtics bandwagon right now and Rondo just makes me nervous when he can't get the ball to his first option. Obviously he isn't playing bad or turning it over much at the moment, but all the same his playmaking looks a little suspect.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks