ImageImage

POR - MILW Trade

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GOBlazers
Sixth Man
And1: 24

POR - MILW Trade 

Post#1 » by GOBlazers » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:49 am

SPYKES wrote:I think he's someone the Blazers could have their eye on. I'd say he's probably pretty far down their list of candidates though. Assuming other options fall through, the Blazers might be willing to offer a deal like this...

LaFrentz
Jack
#13 Pick

for

Williams
Mason

This was proposed on the trade board, but there hasn't been any response from Bucks fans. I like this deal from Portland's pov. But I don't see why MILW would do it since they will already have capspace in 09 without LaFrentz. With more, they could add more/better players, though.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:59 am

The Bucks won't have any cap space in the foreseeable future.

I think Williams needs to play next to another play-making guard along the lines of Kobe, Wade, or LeBron. He'd be perfect in Portland.

The only issues you're going to have is Mo's BYC status. But something revolving around Mo, the #13 and Raef is a great idea for both teams IMO.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#3 » by El Duderino » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:00 am

I'd make this deal

Jack would be a nice backup PG to Sessions if Ramon played well and if not, Jack could be a stop gap starter for the time being.

At 13, some of Speights, Douglas-Roberts, Aurthur, Rush, Jordan should be there. LaFrentz is a very big expiring that could be used as trade bait in another move.
smalls
Junior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by smalls » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:19 am

DrugBust wrote:
The only issues you're going to have is Mo's BYC status. But something revolving around Mo, the #13 and Raef is a great idea for both teams IMO.

i concur 100 % this type of deal or cv to nj seem to me to be the most likely, with this being #1. To me Mo just seems like an awesome fit for portland and they have stuff to give up
GOBlazers
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#5 » by GOBlazers » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:37 am

I'm excited....

Williams/Blake
Roy/Rudy
Webster/Outlaw/Jones
Aldridge/Frye
Oden/Przybilla

= 10 YR DYNASTY
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#6 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:07 am

Done deal. Maybe we could then steal Mayo for CV,#8,#13.
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#7 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:26 am

No there was a big response on a deal similiar to this that I loved...I like this one a lot too however as well.

But there was one that had Jack, Webster and Outlaw coming to the Bucks' for Desmond Mason and the #8 without your Blazers having to throw in the #16.

Some poor saps in here did not like that deal but I overlook foolishness. That is a great deal for us.

Now I love this one you have here even more where we can take Donte Greene with the #16 from you if you are swapping picks.

But I like Outlaw and I love Webster much less Jarrett Jack. All fit into what the Bucks need and what I expressed on the Portland board when I visited what you all should be looking for for your team.

A defensive minded perimeter defender who is a high character veteran who can guard and finish on the break.

You get that in Desmond Mason who we would feel horrible about parting with and would rather give up Simmons....

But I like any deal that will bring in some Blazers here. I am absolutely enamored with that organization. You've got a good thing going on over there...

Be patient because frankly you guys do not have to do anything stupid or rash. Just wait for those kids to blossom like this did for 14 straight wins or 15 this year...

They will be worth the wait...
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#8 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:37 am

GOBlazers wrote:I'm excited....

Williams/Blake
Roy/Rudy
Webster/Outlaw/Jones
Aldridge/Frye
Oden/Przybilla

= 10 YR DYNASTY
My friend that is not gonna get it done...I love that team...But you need a veteran there.

Especially at SF. You have to think. Think man...think. There is no real balance there. Essentially you have too many of the same parts.

YOu will have to part with one or two of the Webster/Outlaw/Jack trio to get a true SF that is a big time vet and winner.

I went to visit your board the last two days and threw out some names that can help.

Guys like a M. Pietrus, a Ron Artest, or an Andres Nocioni, Shane Battier, Stephen Jackson and and even Jared Jefferies and Danny Granger or James Posey can help you.

You have to have a guy who complements Aldridge and Oden and gives you what they do not have. Toughness and experience and bring guys like Jones or Outlaw off the bench for energy!

Webster and Outlaw for Nocioni and Selfolosha might get it done...I am just throwing things out there....

But that is what you need. You do not need a lot of players who need minutes hanging around on that team outside the starters except what is needed to fill needs.

Dont get emotionally attached to your players where you are inflexible to deal some to get that homerun. I am talking about a chance to be great versus just good or very good...

You will have to roll the dice like we will and take some chances...
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#9 » by trwi7 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:46 am

Any Blazers fans coming in don't bother responding to MBBOT or NYANBAF for a couple of reasons.

1. He won't reply back.

2. He's an idiot.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,525

Post#10 » by th87 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:54 am

trwi7 wrote:Any Blazers fans coming in don't bother responding to MBBOT or NYANBAF for a couple of reasons.

1. He won't reply back.

2. He's an idiot.

I've always liked MBBOT. His delivery rubs people the wrong way, but he seems like a good dude. Like that uncle we all have.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#11 » by trwi7 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:00 am

th87 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I've always liked MBBOT. His delivery rubs people the wrong way, but he seems like a good dude. Like that uncle we all have.

I don't have an uncle like that. Or if I do my parents did a great job of keeping me away from him.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#12 » by Jez2983 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:27 pm

Twirly, can't believe you missed this? Nothing like contradicting your last words in a post with the first words in your next post-

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:Be patient because frankly you guys do not have to do anything stupid or rash. Just wait for those kids to blossom like this did for 14 straight wins or 15 this year...

They will be worth the wait...

My friend that is not gonna get it done...I love that team...But you need a veteran there.

Wait, but you need a veteran to win now!!!!1!!!1!11
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#13 » by Wise1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:52 pm

Easily do this trade.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#14 » by smauss » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:54 pm

At first glance I like this deal! Westbrook @ #8; Alexander @ #13. Jack to bolster Sessions; LaFrenz would be a good rotation player and expiring. So far, I like it!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#15 » by Wise1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm

If the Bucks landed Randolph at 8, and assuming Jordan would be off the board, I'd consider Hibbert as Bogut's backup/insurance at 13. We'd have size, youth and skill at every frontcourt position. 6-11sf/7-1pf/7-0 & 7-2 at center.

Now you can design schemes to clog the lane and force teams to beat you from the perimeter instead of at the rim. Shore up the perimeter defense and you have yourself the makings of a solid overall team defense.

With the 37, hopefully another versatile two way player would still be there.
yoyomayoma
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

like it but... 

Post#16 » by yoyomayoma » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:25 pm

I don't see any way this happens. Too good for the Bucks IMO. I don't think Mo's value is that high at this point.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#17 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:59 pm

Can anyone (GAD) who knows the ins and outs of the salary cap tell me if we could trade Mo (BYC) for Rudy Fernandez?

I know Mo makes way more, but since he is still BYC I know he can only be traded for a percentage of his annual salary.

Suffice to say, Rudy Fernandez is going to be a Manu Ginobli type player in the NBA, and I can't see him getting much playing time in Portlannd. I;m sure their fans see him as some kind of legend in the making, but the kid is not going to be content to sit behind Roy for 40 minutes a game.

I would like nothing more than trading for Outlaw and Fernandez.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#18 » by trwi7 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:14 pm

They're not trading Fernandez.

Jez2983 wrote:Twirly, can't believe you missed this? Nothing like contradicting your last words in a post with the first words in your next post-

Sorry I can't read MBBOT's posts in full anymore. I don't want my head exploding all over the computer and I'll be damned if I'm cleaning it up. Now if you hire a maid for me, then we can talk.

Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#19 » by Johnny Newman » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:22 pm

I like this trade.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#20 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Wise1 wrote:If the Bucks landed Randolph at 8, and assuming Jordan would be off the board, I'd consider Hibbert as Bogut's backup/insurance at 13. We'd have size, youth and skill at every frontcourt position. 6-11sf/7-1pf/7-0 & 7-2 at center.

Now you can design schemes to clog the lane and force teams to beat you from the perimeter instead of at the rim. Shore up the perimeter defense and you have yourself the makings of a solid overall team defense.

With the 37, hopefully another versatile two way player would still be there.

Jordan and Hibbert are both absolute junk. It's irrelevant how big you are if you have no talent. Yikes.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks