ImageImage

Go Get Mayo AND Love!!!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Go Get Mayo AND Love!!! 

Post#1 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:05 pm

I believe in life, you have to go after what you want.

Because of recent rumors involving Memphis possibly making a move for Beasley, and the Timberwolves having an interest in Bogut, I present to you all this four team blockbuster...

Milwaukee Bucks Incoming Players

OJ Mayo (#3 from Minnesota)
Kevin Love (#5 from Memphis via Miami)
Udonis Haslem
Daequan Cook
Marko Jaric

Miami Heat Incoming Players

Mike Miller
Mo Williams
Charlie Villanueva
Bucks 2008 1st round pick (#8 - Speights?)

Memphis Grizzlies Incoming Players

Michael Beasley (#2 from Miami)
Mark Blount

Minnesota Timberwolves Incoming Players

Andrew Bogut

--------------------

This for me is all about getting a young core with some star power. Mayo, Love, and Yi - surround them with veterans, and we may have something.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:06 pm

Wow, that's terrible.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#3 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:10 pm

In case anyone wants to read it in a sensible format, I'll try and translate.

Bucks give: Bogut, Mo, Villanueva, #8
Bucks get: #3, #5, Haslem, Cook, Jaric

Heat give: #2, Haslem, Cook, Blount
Heat get: #8, Miller, Mo, Villanueva

Wolves give: #3, Jaric
Wolves get: Bogut

Grizz give: #5, Miller
Grizz get: #2, Blount
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#4 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:11 pm

So basically Bogut/Westbrook/Mo/CV.

That is basically #3/#8/Mo/CV for #3/#5/Haslem/Cook/Jaric.

So that's #8/Mo/CV for #5/Haslem/Cook/Jaric.

I'll pass.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,492

Post#5 » by Profound23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:15 pm

I never saw a 4way trade that is terrible for all three teams involved, but I think this is possibly it.

But most importantly, it's worst for us. No TY.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#6 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Why go get Mayo and Love when you can go get LeBron and Duncan?

Amateurs
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#7 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:05 pm

trwi7 wrote:Wow, that's terrible.

Thank you for your detailed reply.

adamcz wrote:In case anyone wants to read it in a sensible format, I'll try and translate.

I think this is pretty sensible (I didn't include those underlined links that make it garish). Everybody here knows who these guys are. There is also a link to the Espn Trade Machine at the top of the post.

Profound23 wrote:I never saw a 4way trade that is terrible for all three teams involved, but I think this is possibly it.

Care to explain? It looks to me like Memphis needs someone who will sell tickets, the Heat need veteran shooters and an inside scorer, and Minnesota needs a center. It seems like we still need better talent.

Because I think Yi and Bogut are both 3rd options at the center position, I think one of them is expendable. Now, before I am permanently labeled a Bogut hater, I'd like to point out that my last 'big deal' involved Yi and Simmons going to New Jersey for Richard Jefferson, with Bogut staying as the the 3rd option.

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Why go get Mayo and Love when you can go get LeBron and Duncan?

Amateurs

I know, right.

But seriously, I don't see how this is so out of the realm of possiblity, based on the rumors and where each of these teams are at in development.

I know this would be a ballsy move, but then most of the best talent in the NBA was picked in the top 5.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#8 » by jerrod » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:28 pm

don't worry, it's just draft fever, happens every year

just ride it out until early july then everything should be back to normal
SheedsWeed
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#9 » by SheedsWeed » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Why in the hell would Miami even think about trading their #2 pick? That is so far from logical.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#10 » by Profound23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:55 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Care to explain? It looks to me like Memphis needs someone who will sell tickets, the Heat need veteran shooters and an inside scorer, and Minnesota needs a center. It seems like we still need better talent.

Because I think Yi and Bogut are both 3rd options at the center position, I think one of them is expendable. Now, before I am permanently labeled a Bogut hater, I'd like to point out that my last 'big deal' involved Yi and Simmons going to New Jersey for Richard Jefferson, with Bogut staying as the the 3rd option.

Sure I will explain.

Memphis needs a big name sure, but they give up a borderline allstar to move up 3 spots and take on a terrible contract. If the guy they take @2 ends up being a bust they really screwed themselves.

Minnesota, maybe they are the only one's who actually win. Then again they give up the #3 for Bogut, and OJ Mayo turns into a phenom and how stupid do they look?

Milwaukee, Yi is not a Center. And you say Bogut is a third option at center? Ok, well then Minnesota is really stupid if they trade the #3 pick for a guy who is the third option at center on a terrible team like Milwaukee.

Miami needs inside scoring......who gives them that Villenueva? He is a soft jump shooter who rarely works inside the arc. They could do better with the #2 pick I would hope than take all of our rejects and Mike Miller.

Everyone in your trade are taking risks, and not very well thought out one's. Every team loses, possibly one team wins out of the four.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 980

Post#11 » by Ryan5UW » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:10 pm

:nonono:
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#12 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:I think this is pretty sensible (I didn't include those underlined links that make it garish). Everybody here knows who these guys are. There is also a link to the Espn Trade Machine at the top of the post.
It's not a matter of whether we know who the guys are. It's that it takes too long to figure out what the deal is from each team's perspective. Is it a good deal for Miami? Well first I have to scan through three different lists to figure out who they're sending out, and then keep that new list in my head while I compare it to who they're getting.

You always have a choice as to what format you post a trade in, so why wouldn't you choose the best possible format, to make it easy for your buddies here on realgm to understand?

At least it's not copied from the trade checker though. That's the worst. Two miles long as you scroll through ugly stats. I'm going to campaign for director of trade thread formatting.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#13 » by Chapter29 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:33 pm

I would not move Bogut in hopes that a draft pick pans out. Far too risky no thanks.

This is far to elaborate and unrealistic. I would really like to see a realistic deal that allows us to package our pick and a player not named Yi or Bogut to move up. I would target Mayo.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#14 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:21 pm

SheedsWeed wrote:Why in the hell would Miami even think about trading their #2 pick? That is so far from logical.

Hey, I'm just repeating various rumors. It's possible that Riley is saying he's not interested in Beasley, just as a way to force teams that are interested in Beasley to submit offers.

Profound23 wrote:Memphis needs a big name sure, but they give up a borderline allstar to move up 3 spots and take on a terrible contract. If the guy they take @2 ends up being a bust they really screwed themselves.

Again, I'm just going off of the rumors that Memphis is interested in moving up for Beasley.

Profound23 wrote:Minnesota, maybe they are the only one's who actually win. Then again they give up the #3 for Bogut, and OJ Mayo turns into a phenom and how stupid do they look?

Well that's up to Kevin McHale. Do you cement your front court, or take a chance on a guard who will most likely not mix well with Foye and McCants?

Profound23 wrote:Milwaukee, Yi is not a Center. And you say Bogut is a third option at center? Ok, well then Minnesota is really stupid if they trade the #3 pick for a guy who is the third option at center on a terrible team like Milwaukee.

Yi not being a center is all semantics. If Brook Lopez doesn't rebound well or score at a high percentage inside, is he still a center? Or, Mehmet Okur for that matter. I guess he isn't a center because he isn't a beefy slug.

No, Bogut and Yi are 3rd options on a good team.

Profound23 wrote:Miami needs inside scoring......who gives them that Villenueva? He is a soft jump shooter who rarely works inside the arc. They could do better with the #2 pick I would hope than take all of our rejects and Mike Miller.

No, but this leaves them in position to make a run at Brand or draft a guy like Speights at #8. Again, the rumor is Riley doesn't want the #2 pick. That is probably totally false, but I'm just trying to have a discussion.

Profound23 wrote:Everyone in your trade are taking risks, and not very well thought out one's. Every team loses, possibly one team wins out of the four.

I don't think it's that easy to say every team loses. That's just bah humbug. Don't all of these teams need to take a risk at this point? I mean, what is there to really gain from taking a role player at #8?

adamcz wrote:You always have a choice as to what format you post a trade in, so why wouldn't you choose the best possible format, to make it easy for your buddies here on realgm to understand?

I was lazy this morning. I will do better next time.

Anyway...

All I'm trying to say is that if the team were going to rebuild with youth, this is one of the better theories for doing that. Getting the 2nd best guard and forward prospects in the draft, both quasi household names to the sporting public, isn't that big of a risk.

Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#15 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Chapter29 wrote:I would really like to see a realistic deal that allows us to package our pick and a player not named Yi or Bogut to move up. I would target Mayo.

Now, that's unrealistic.

LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#16 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:13 pm

I think getting #3 is realistic. Trade Redd/Villanueva/#37 for the Clippers' pick, and then trade #7/#8/Mason for Jaric/#3. You could say that's not a good deal for the Bucks, but I think both other teams would agree to it.
bigballajohn
Senior
And1: 21

Post#17 » by bigballajohn » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:41 pm

if mayo is available at the 8th spot, we take him. he is the third most talented player in this draft. i could c how he could drop, think rudy gay in the 2008 draft. he was the most talented prospect for his age, and will prolly end up as the 2nd best player in the draft after brandon roy. i think that both beasley and rose will be better than mayo, but he would still be the best choice at the 8 spot
VooDoo7 wrote:
emunney wrote:A horse walks into a bar. It turns to Mason Plumlee and says, "Why the long face?"

Frank the Tank scoffs at both of them.
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Post#18 » by zmanishere11 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:37 pm

I love Mayo and Love, both are actually good basketball players (as in, they know how to win and play the game as a team).

The idea is great, but dumb it down a bit:

CV and #8 to Memphis for #5

Bogut to MIN for #3

If you're going to trade Bogut, we need a center, so:

Mo/Gadz to CLE for Varejo/Snow/#19 (and whatever's needed to make it work.

Now we're looking at:

Mayo/Sessions
Redd/Bell
Simmons/Dez
Love/Yi
Varejo/Hibbert(#19)
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#19 » by Rockmaninoff » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:08 pm

zmanishere11 wrote:I love Mayo and Love, both are actually good basketball players (as in, they know how to win and play the game as a team).

The idea is great, but dumb it down a bit:

CV and #8 to Memphis for #5

Bogut to MIN for #3

If you're going to trade Bogut, we need a center, so:

Mo/Gadz to CLE for Varejo/Snow/#19 (and whatever's needed to make it work.

Now we're looking at:

Mayo/Sessions
Redd/Bell
Simmons/Dez
Love/Yi
Varejo/Hibbert(#19)

I like the way you think my man. At least you didn't poo-poo the idea right off the bat.

If we did that Cleveland deal, I'd take CDR at #19, but otherwise I like what I see.

Profound23
RealGM

Post#20 » by Profound23 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:10 pm

And we are hoping Love is as good as Bogut.

Mayo may not even be as good as Mo.

Varejo is no better than what we have at PF, and we are making him into a Center.

That sounds horrible.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks