ImageImage

SF's attainable with Mo/CV/2009 first/Mason's expiring

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,238

SF's attainable with Mo/CV/2009 first/Mason's expiring 

Post#1 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 pm

Am bored with the offseason doldrums of waiting for the draft and not hearing a peep about anything from MJS or Woelfel. At this point, my ideal offseason would be adding Westbrook, who now is said to be really working hard to be a PG over a SG in the league, and also improving the SF position through trades.

My question is, given that we would be using Mo and/or CV and/or Mason and/or a 2009 first rounder (protected) what are some realistic SF's we could get back, given salary and talent level?

Would Mo/CV/2009 first (top ten protected) be enough to land Josh Howard?

Given the injury history recently, is Gerald Wallace available?

Does Mike Miller really help this team overall if you pair him with Redd?

Is Marvin Williams a good fit on this roster, and is it realistic we would be able to re-sign him?

Ideally, I think we should look to add someone of Redd's caliber, or a younger SF with some upside left that can defend. I've also thought about a CV for #12 deal and nabbing Alexander, depending on Sacramento's interest. Many are calling this a weak draft, so isn't that at least fair value?

Babblefest over.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,929

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Marvin's the guy I'd target. I really have no idea what it would take to get him.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#3 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:00 pm

Yeah, it is hard to gauge his trade value. The only reason I see him as definitely available is that they are going to re-sign Childress and Smith this offseason (according to their brass), and given how stacked they are at forward, he seems like the odd man out. Would they be looking to add someone like Mo's salary? Doubtful. Something around CV/Mason's expiring maybe? Tough to gauge.
dedned
Analyst
And1: 1,333

Post#4 » by dedned » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:15 pm

I think getting Carmelo is the best chance we have to be relevant. None of these other guys excite me. I guess if I had to pick one Id take Howard.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#5 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:16 pm

dedned wrote:I think getting Carmelo is the best chance we have to be relevant. None of these other guys excite me. I guess if I had to pick one Id take Howard.

That is all well and good, but we need to be realistic here. Denver is going to demand the world for Carmelo if they are going to trade him, likely more than we have to offer.
yoyomayoma
Pro Prospect
And1: 19

I agree 

Post#6 » by yoyomayoma » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm guessing they'll want Bogut, the #8 and maybe a future first. That's a pretty steep price. It'd take Mo being added to work financially as well. Too rich for my blood.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#7 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Redd for Howard/Stack makes the most sense for both teams and is the perfect trade of financial flexibility and adding a player when moving Redd.

Redd and Mike Miller would be horrible defensively and I wouldn't want them paired together.

Carmelo isn't going anywhere IMHO

I'm not really that sold on Marvin anymore. He's strictly a jumpshooter, isn't overly athletic and doesn't defend. If he could be had for CV and little else I might be interested. But Marvin is up for an extension and am not really interested in paying him.

I would certainly be interested in Gerald Wallace, but unless he could be had for CV and Mason or Simmons then sign me up, I doubt they would be interested in that. It's possible they might be interested in Mo, but with Felton in the fold I would bet they wouldn't be.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#8 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Richard Jefferson.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#9 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:40 pm

Rockmaninoff wrote:Richard Jefferson.

I wouldn't want to give up the first to get him, but I would love to RJ in a Bucks uni.
dedned
Analyst

Post#10 » by dedned » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Id probably give up the first to get Jefferson. He is the type of player we should be looking for. Not any of these lower tier players.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,403

Re: SF's attainable with Mo/CV/2009 first/Mason's expiring 

Post#11 » by SupremeHustle » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Jerrod wrote: Corey Brewer.

Wow, dude. That's horrible.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#12 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:26 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wow, dude. That's horrible.

:lol:
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#13 » by Lippo » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:38 pm

Mo
CV
Future 2nd

for
Artest
Filler

draft

8 Randolph/Westbrook
12 Augustin/Speights
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,640

Post#14 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:08 pm

dedned wrote:Id probably give up the first to get Jefferson. He is the type of player we should be looking for. Not any of these lower tier players.

What in your mind puts so much space between Richard Jefferson compared to Josh Howard or Gerald Wallace? What makes the latter "lower tier" and how is Richard Jefferson not to be considered as such, then?

He scores a couple points more and that's about it. The other two have the advantage in other areas.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,367

Post#15 » by trwi7 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:16 pm

Lippo wrote:Mo
CV
Future 2nd

for
Artest
Filler

draft

8 Randolph/Westbrook
12 Augustin/Speights

And the Kings do that why?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#16 » by raferfenix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:18 pm

Josh Howard or Gerald Wallace are two of my favorite small forwards in the league, and i'd be real psyched if we could acquire either. I see problems that I worry about with both deals though:

1. How do the Mavs acquire a championship caliber starting SF after giving up their only real trade assett? If they could get one for the MLE or in a Jason Terry trade this makes a lot more sense for them, otherwise I worry they'll wait and see how much better Carlisle can get them.

2. Are the Bobcats really ready to trade Wallace? He's one of the best defenders in the league, but his injury issues really are a problem considering Okafor also is injury prone. A lot of this will come down to what Larry Brown thinks of Wallace I bet.
dedned
Analyst

Post#17 » by dedned » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:29 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What in your mind puts so much space between Richard Jefferson compared to Josh Howard or Gerald Wallace? What makes the latter "lower tier" and how is Richard Jefferson not to be considered as such, then?

He scores a couple points more and that's about it. The other two have the advantage in other areas.

Ur right. Just checked stats. But u need a "superstar" player in a fixed NBA to win anything. Guess thats what im trying to get at. Thats why I say we go after Carmelo.
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#18 » by Whiteman » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:29 pm

I'd like AK on this team, but I don't see any way the Bucks take him on without trading Redd - 2 max players won't happen.
NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Post#19 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:35 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Am bored with the offseason doldrums of waiting for the draft and not hearing a peep about anything from MJS or Woelfel. At this point, my ideal offseason would be adding Westbrook, who now is said to be really working hard to be a PG over a SG in the league, and also improving the SF position through trades.

My question is, given that we would be using Mo and/or CV and/or Mason and/or a 2009 first rounder (protected) what are some realistic SF's we could get back, given salary and talent level?

Would Mo/CV/2009 first (top ten protected) be enough to land Josh Howard?

Given the injury history recently, is Gerald Wallace available?

Does Mike Miller really help this team overall if you pair him with Redd?

Is Marvin Williams a good fit on this roster, and is it realistic we would be able to re-sign him?

Ideally, I think we should look to add someone of Redd's caliber, or a younger SF with some upside left that can defend. I've also thought about a CV for #12 deal and nabbing Alexander, depending on Sacramento's interest. Many are calling this a weak draft, so isn't that at least fair value?

Babblefest over.
Those three names are the same ones bandied about all summer. Where have you been!?

None of those guys work here! NONE OF THEM except perhaps Gerald Wallace!

You have no clue what this team needs by these selections. I will say it one more time...this team needs all around toughness, a defensive and offensive perimeter orientated guy who can also bang in the low post and who can be an earmark for your team.

There are only three guys the Bucks should be looking at in the entire who are availible persumably with what they need...

#1. Ron Artest
#2. Carmelo Anthony
#3. Mikeal Pietrus
#4. James Posey
#5. Shawn Marion

And if by some chance Tracy McGrady, Andres Nocioni or esepcially a guy like Stephen Jackson can be had and Travis Outlaw you can add them to the list too! Flat out playmakers and winning pieces...

These are 'difference makers!' Not the rubbish you are talking about in a soft, dull slasher like Josh Howard and known weed smoker who is dumb enough to say it publicly...

Granted Melo was caught doing it and has some DUI's and I am not a big Melo fan anyways, but I can learn to love the guy's game and put up with some other things if he can win.

There is something about him that I will like or want to like if he can show he can lead and win and play focus and hard in the East and take a team on his back which I know he can do.

He and Redd and Bogut would be awesome together. That is no doubt. But it might take moving Mike to get him. If you can get him with Mo, Yi and or the #8 and Villanueva and Gadzuric I would do it in a hearbeat.

To a soft jump shooter in Mike Miller who cannot defend, body up, rebound or stay healthy or win any games by himself either!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,995

Post#20 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:38 pm

I was pretty big on Jefferson as a trade target but have been re-thinking that after Berri did a wages of wins piece on the Nets and RJ.

I don't have the link, but Berri's implication was that the Nets record has suffered the last two years because of RJ's declining play. And that RJ's play doesn't jump out at you from ppg but other stats that WOW measures.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks