ImageImage

Do You Try To Bring in Arenas? Just asking...

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

NotYoAvgNBAFan
Junior
And1: 1

Do You Try To Bring in Arenas? Just asking... 

Post#1 » by NotYoAvgNBAFan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:20 pm

I like Gilbert's competitive fire and all around game...

He has said to have opt out of his contract the other day and become a free agent.

I think he is a restricted free agent. He is a guy I wanted the Bucks to pursue when he left Golden State. You could take him and try to outshoot every team in the league.

But I do want to get away from being a jumpshooting team as well. But one thing about Gilbert HE WINS. He finds a way the last 3 years with the Wizards to get it done!

Three years I might have liked for the Bucks to go after him. But now he is coming off a major injury, I wonder how cheap he would be or what his status is in Washington?

I wonder would you see some clauses and allowances made in his next deal that can be doable and reasonable for a team like the Bucks to at least inquire about the possibility to bring him in?

Some guys like Billups last year, you give them the respect of at least seeing if their is an interests for a joint meeting? Even if they say no thanks, it is good business if a vet as earned it to pay him that respect of being wooed.

Every Pro likes to feel wanted and wooed when they are free agents. He is no different or he would not have filed.

He has earned it as Billups did and Larry Harris at least had the courtesy to approach the Pistons to guage Billups interests. To some that is a waste of time. I don't know...I would at least ask.

Money has not really matter to Gilbert over where he felt comfortable or wanted so I don't know.

He is a face. He is name player. He would draw some fans. He is a good and quotable guy. He would make your team somewhat relevant.

But is he damaged goods? Is there a scenario where we could make a run at him?

Does Hammond or even Skiles like him or is he another Ben Gordon and undersized combo guard? But I will say this.

Gilbert Arenas for being 6'3 is as dangerous a scorer the last two years then even Kobe! And he has a penchanct for the dramatic and hitting big game winning shots!

I wouldn't spend a lot of time dismissing this or rollin my eyes on this. It could be attainable...But I doubt it.

But if there are those who want Josh Howard and Mike Miller here, hell I am entitled to a little insanity and down right absurdity myself too am I not?
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#2 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:23 pm

What?
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Do You Try To Bring in Arenas? Just asking... 

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:24 pm

NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:hell I am entitled to a little insanity and down right absurdity myself too am I not?

Compared to other posters insanity levels or compared to your own?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#4 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:25 pm

no
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#5 » by WEFFPIM » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:25 pm

Personally, I'm shocked he's awake and posting during daylight hours
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:28 pm

He's going to need to edit this again for emoticons. I quoted one of his posts once with no emoticons, left for a few minutes, posted the response and it was filled his post was filled with emoticons. :lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Do You Try To Bring in Arenas? Just asking... 

Post#7 » by Neapolitan Buck » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:36 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Compared to other posters insanity levels or compared to your own?

:rofl:
Redbeardwirc0830
Banned User

Post#8 » by Redbeardwirc0830 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:39 pm

no way: 1. he duplicates mo and redd
2. injury questions
3. wants max contract

unless: we move both mo and redd...i still would prefer these two or that we head in a different direction instead of gilber
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#9 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:47 pm

It is getting closer to draft day so he's posting more during the day.

I'm not sure where we get the cap room for a max deal unless somehow Grunfeld would take Redd in a sign and trade.

But his post did cause me to ask this question---what do you guys think of Arenas v. Eric Gordon?

Also, Grunfeld has his hands full this year. How the heck do you justify giving out giant contracts to Jamison and Arenas? What does that do for you besides lock you into 44 win no man's land.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#10 » by drew881 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:06 pm

The original post said he WINS. The story is more like "his team WINS without him." That answers my question right there...There are many other disgruntled and/or players on their downside that I would rather trade Redd for. Gilbert is a headache, and he is insane. We don't need his on/off court antics. Our "media" couldn't keep up with it first of all.
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#11 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:46 am

Absolutely Not!!! :wavefinger: He's a nut who says he sleeps 2 or 3 hrs a night and spends the rest of his time playing video games. That will catch up to him, he's overrated, the Wiz have been as good with him on the bench lately. A better version of Mo who is to small to defend 2s and not fast enough for 1s. Does he even want to play D? Exactly not the kind of player we need to change the culture here. And he's a pub hound who likes to run off at the mouth.

I would rather give less $ to Childress, Louis Williams, CJ Miles, Pietrus, even Walter Hermann(if he keeps his hair short) to name a few. Maybe a team who is close would overpay for him like Cleveland, Orlando, or Utah. Otherwise he looks like a bad investment to me.
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#12 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:42 am

Yes. Yes. You go get Arenas and then you have the heart of a champion you dummy! And then you get Reece Gaines and you call it a day. If I said it a hundred times, I said it is absurd to not play JULIUS HODGE WHO AT 6'6 IS A WARRIOR! And then you bring in Kenyon Martion, tee hee, and you got yourself a winner.... Also MARVIN WILLIAMS IS THE ONE WE SHOULD DRAFT AT #1... but I don't know, maybe David Noel is even better.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#13 » by Buck You » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:50 am

Arenas wants 6 years 120 million. No.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#14 » by wichmae » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:21 am

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#15 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:37 am

Will Perdude wrote:Yes. Yes. You go get Arenas and then you have the heart of a champion you dummy! And then you get Reece Gaines and you call it a day. If I said it a hundred times, I said it is absurd to not play JULIUS HODGE WHO AT 6'6 IS A WARRIOR! And then you bring in Kenyon Martion, tee hee, and you got yourself a winner.... Also MARVIN WILLIAMS IS THE ONE WE SHOULD DRAFT AT #1... but I don't know, maybe David Noel is even better.

Post of the week.....spit my soda out on this one.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#16 » by Jez2983 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:38 pm

wichmae wrote:LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ate some fibreglass insulation. It wasn't cotton candy like that guy said...

My stomach itches...

And also MBBOT, no. Surely we could trade Yi for Travis Diener though? They are both on rookie contracts...

EDITED TO ADD: Will Perdude, that was awesome. Random capitalisation, random players who don't fit any strategy, all excellent!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks