ImageImage

6/15 Woelfel: Redd, draft, trades...

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Re: 6/15 Woelfel: Redd, draft, trades... 

Post#41 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:52 am

Luke needs to do his countdown thread for the draft but we are only 10 days out. Usually the trades start on draft night.

I do think it would be realistic to move up with Memphis in a 5 for CV/8 type deal if we wanted Love.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,939

Post#42 » by midranger » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:18 am

Yup. Usually trades involving draft picks happen on draft night.

Trades that are players only typically happen after July 1st.

This allows teasm to explore all their options before making a move.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#43 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:21 am

And I think this year, no one knows who the heck goes in picks 3-10. We could list out 8 guys in any order and that might be how it happens draft night.

Plus you've got Miami making noises about trading the pick. I'm guessing every team in the league has about 10 contingency deals on their draft board depending on who gets picked when.

midranger
RealGM

Post#44 » by midranger » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:23 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm guessing every team in the league has about 10 contingency deals on their draft board depending on who gets picked when.

This is exactly why trades aren't made before draft night. Players unexpectedly drop or rise, and that changes everything.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#45 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:25 am

Agreed. That is why it is interesting that Woeffel keeps talking about possible options the Bucks might have to get either pick 6 or pick 7 for Redd. If Mayo or Love are there at either of those slots, I think I'd pull the trigger. But if both are gone, I'd sit tight.

THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#46 » by THE DINJ » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:44 am

Kinda OT, but here's a link to this year's draft hat:
http://www.bradleycentersports.com/detail.aspx?ID=1113
Kinda ugly, if you ask me.
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#47 » by Johnny Newman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:54 am

fam3381 wrote:The thing about trading up seems a bit at odds with what Hammond said at the tailgate last week. I know misdirection is a big thing these days, but I don't think it's really Hammond's style to throw out misinformation at a season ticketholder event. He can always just punt on the question.

He said it was assumed to be a two-player draft without as much separation in the 3-8 range, and didn't think it was a "real" option to move into the top 2 in all likelihood. But wasn't sure there's "anything we covet enough" to move up a few spots. But the draft is fluid and if they end up really wanting Love and he's not around at 8, then that could change the calculus.

I agree I doubt we trade up in the draft at all. I bet we trade our pick and a player for a vet.
midranger
RealGM

Post#48 » by midranger » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:30 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Knicks fans don't want Redd.......the best post is the one where a guy thinks Redd plus #8 for Marbury's expiring would be about right.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=814246

Some think we undervalue Redd on this board. Knick fans are downright delusionsal.

I think most have Nate Robinson pinned as an All-Star for next year already. Obviously, D'Antoni's system will make it so.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#49 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:48 am

midranger wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Knicks fans don't want Redd.......the best post is the one where a guy thinks Redd plus #8 for Marbury's expiring would be about right.

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 4&t=814246

Some think we undervalue Redd on this board. Knick fans are downright delusionsal.

I think most have Nate Robinson pinned as an All-Star for next year already. Obviously, D'Antoni's system will make it so.

They did have some zingers in their thread though. My favorite..

If Mil. was willing to do steph for Redd + 8 and write a letter of unrecommendation for not hirng Harris, I would do that in a Heartbeat
Go Bucks!
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#50 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:14 pm

I really figured that we wouldn't be able to move any of our players because we wouldn't be able to get value, or be able to find a team that would swallow our bad contracts etc. Now I'm starting to think the heck with it, if we could get 2-3 of the more solid players (like Gordon & Love) in this draft then lets blow it up. We can sit on bad contracts if we have a bunch of rookie contracts. I think Minnesota is dangling the 3rd pick to see what they can get for it, but they won't give it up unless they can get Lopez and and some future first rounders, or a player like Bogut. Maybe we can convince them that Yi can play center, lol. If nothing else the draft should be exciting this year with all the trade rumors. Usually though its a lot of teams dangling picks to see if they can get someone to overvalue it.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#51 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:50 pm

Apparently Woeffel was on with Sparky yesterday talking about the Redd to the Knicks rumor. Did any of you guys hear that?

You'd figure the Knicks would be trying to clear cap room for LeBron, or is that only the Nets? Redd would damage that somewhat.

What type of package filler is in a Redd to the Knicks + 6?

bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#52 » by bigkurty » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:14 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:What type of package filler is in a Redd to the Knicks + 6?

Randolph and #6 for Redd works and really doesn't affect NY for the year Lebron would be available since they are just swapping one player for the other . That would be hilarious if that went down at this point and I guess you never know if the Pistons have interest in Randolph for some odd reason at this point.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,069

Post#53 » by rilamann » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:02 pm

Like I said a couple weeks ago,wouldnt it be ironic if Redd and Lebron end up teammates in New York after all the talk of them joining up with the Cavs.

:lol: <--WTF

Anyway as far as a possible trade with the Knicks to get #6 i'd be all for it and I would rather have #6 & #8 than just #3 in this draft.So i'd keep those two picks,But thats just me.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Milwaukee Bucks