ImageImage

HoopsWorld: Redd Not Being Traded

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: HoopsWorld: Redd Not Being Traded 

Post#21 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Will Perdude wrote:It would be very silly to attribute this as a legit source. Redd might very well be on the team next year, and he might in fact, get traded. But I don't think this report / source has any merit at all. Nor does 99% of the other $&#* that gets reported this time of year. Come on peeps... its all rumors and speculation right now.

I don't think anyone is taking this "source" as fact.

Hoopsworld has the least amount of credibility in regards to rumors.

But still, it is a source and this is just a report.

Take it for what it is, not much.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#22 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:36 pm

I know, East Side. I just think it is silly for anyone to let a report like this one, or an interview on the radio with Hammond, to factor in to what we think will actually unfold. Its like playing cards, to use the famous analogy. The best card players keep a poker face, sometimes even intentionally misleading others in the game. And nothing really counts for anything until the cards are put out on the table (which I suppose in this case, is the draft itself). Yet, for some reason, we got people here (whether it is regarding Mo or Redd) with such driven agendas that they post stuff like this as if it is solid evidence that their preferred scenarios will unfold. And I am just trying to throw out there that its all posturing right now.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#23 » by europa » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:56 pm

MFScho wrote:Where do you see this on their site europa? I don't see anything about Redd in their Mid-Day Report, just see that one writer's speculation about Redd & Karl.

It doesn't appear to be there now. It was there when I copy and pasted this morning. Not sure what happened to it. That's weird.
Nothing will not break me.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 381

Post#24 » by James1980 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:01 pm

pilprin wrote:Can I ask why it seems people prefer Rush over CDR? I really prefer CDR's defense and length over that of Rush.

Convince me I'm wrong...please?

I liked CDR a lot in college, but I don't think he's strong enough for the NBA, like Corey Brewer last year. Rush is stronger and therefore more NBA ready. For example, do you think CDR would be strong enough to guard Paul Pierce?
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#25 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:16 pm

europa wrote:
MFScho wrote:Where do you see this on their site europa? I don't see anything about Redd in their Mid-Day Report, just see that one writer's speculation about Redd & Karl.

It doesn't appear to be there now. It was there when I copy and pasted this morning. Not sure what happened to it. That's weird.

I bet. :wink:
Go Bucks!
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Johnny Newman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:14 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:I never really believed that Redd would be moved, b/c it will be difficult to get fair value talent wise for him.

Regarding speculation that Mo could garner a mid-first round pick how does his BYC status affect that? If we need to wait until after July 1st to move Mo does that make it likely that he will not be moved for a pick?

Regarding Villanueva, there is speculation that Brandon Rush could be taken by the Suns at 15.

I'm not so sure the system that PHX will be employing with Porter as head coach.

But I think we could target both PHX (15 pick) and GSW (14 pick) to move Villanueva to in hopes to grab Brandon Rush.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here (Fam or GAD), but couldn't the Bucks and a team agree in principle on draft night to trade Mo Williams for Pick ______ and the deal not become finalized until after July 1st? Which in essence would mean that we could trade him for a pick, it just wouldn't be official until later.

I think I seem to recall a scenerio happening like this in the past but I am not 100% sure about that.
Oh kinda like those trade label on the espn bottom line saying player and picks trade to whom for this so and so players and then "a player to be named later".

Return to Milwaukee Bucks