ImageImage

NBA.com has us taking....

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

NBA.com has us taking.... 

Post#1 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: NBA.com has us taking.... 

Post#2 » by mcfromage » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:34 pm

They have us taking Kevin Love, I'll spare everyone the suspense. It doesn't strike me as a reliable mock however as its a compilation of other mocks. Seems like they've averaged out draft position without consideration of needs. Still, if we end up with Love at 8 I think most people would be happy.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:35 pm

I'd "Love" it if it went down like this......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#4 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:43 pm

I'd like to see some of the inputs updated, too many May dates for this consensus to provide much indication 10 days before the draft.

FTR, I find it amusing that they don't include NBADraft.net, yet they have mocks from sites I've never been to (ProBasketballNews, Ridiculous Upside). NBADraft.net might not have the greatest design or even the most reliable content, but they've been in the game long enough and have actually had accurate projections just before draft time (just before, not years before..see Taft) to warrant their inclusion.
Go Bucks!
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#5 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:51 pm

MFScho wrote:NBADraft.net might not have the greatest design or even the most reliable content, but they've been in the game long enough and have actually had accurate projections just before draft time (just before, not years before..see Taft) to warrant their inclusion.

I strongly disagree. It would be hard for a site to be less informed than NBAdraft.net. Their predictions are a complete joke up until the week of the draft when teams leak to the press who they are going to take. Any basketball fan could get the mock accurate the day before the draft. But a month prior to the draft? He's got second rounders going #1 overall.

Sites like Draftexpress and Insidehoops actually attend the combine, and watch games. There's a huge difference there.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#6 » by Bernman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:52 pm

Hey other Bucks' draft mocks: Boom.....Outta Here.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
mcfromage
Veteran

Post#7 » by mcfromage » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:04 pm

What 2nd rounder did nbadraft.net have going #1 overall at some point?
worthlessBucks
RealGM

Post#8 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:09 pm

adamcz wrote:
MFScho wrote:NBADraft.net might not have the greatest design or even the most reliable content, but they've been in the game long enough and have actually had accurate projections just before draft time (just before, not years before..see Taft) to warrant their inclusion.

I strongly disagree. It would be hard for a site to be less informed than NBAdraft.net. Their predictions are a complete joke up until the week of the draft when teams leak to the press who they are going to take. Any basketball fan could get the mock accurate the day before the draft. But a month prior to the draft? He's got second rounders going #1 overall.

Sites like Draftexpress and Insidehoops actually attend the combine, and watch games. There's a huge difference there.

To be fair, I think Taft and Marty are two of the only guys that they completely botched. You're right (I touched on it as well) about the accuracy when the draft isn't close, but I don't think it's as easy as you say to project the draft. I take as much input and read the same headlines everyone else does and I still manage to get my butt handed to me most years in only projecting the lottery. I've built a mock on NBA.com for their contest for next year's draft tickets for as long as I can remember and I think I've only placed exceedingly high 2 years out of a few. For every pick you think you can project, there's a Kevin McHale, Isiah Thomas, Sam Presti, or Kevin Pritchard there to throw things completely out of whack. With that said, I do believe they had a higher first round accuracy than DX last year so that's a little telling.

Back to my point though, NBAdraft.net is second in terms of popularity amongst the average fan and has more name recognition than the others listed. I simply believe that with those traits and the fact that they've been around since '00 makes them a needed input for the weighted average since we are close to the draft.
Go Bucks!
worthlessBucks
RealGM

Post#9 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:12 pm

mcfromage wrote:What 2nd rounder did nbadraft.net have going #1 overall at some point?

Chris Taft began the '05 years at the #1 slot and they also had Marty Andriuskevicius, the guy Storey almost killed, pretty high. I want to say that when DX made the domain switch, and this was in the same draft year, both players were also listed as going in the first round.
Go Bucks!
DPGBucks
Junior
And1: 12

Post#10 » by DPGBucks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:27 pm

If I remember correctly, NBADRAFT.NET also really botched w/ Meciej Lampe. I think they had him as a top 5 pick just a few days before the draft.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,977

Post#11 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:30 pm

DPGBucks wrote:If I remember correctly, NBADRAFT.NET also really botched w/ Meciej Lampe. I think they had him as a top 5 pick just a few days before the draft.

To be fair, worries about his contract and whether or not he'd be available to play in the US are what dropped him on draft night.
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#12 » by Neapolitan Buck » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:40 pm

I'd "Love" to draft him, but I simply can't see Memphis passing on him.
mosarsour
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#13 » by mosarsour » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 pm

I'm completely and totally on the Love bandwagon. With Bogut and Love in the paint with their passing skills, we could be a very good team.
"You cannot have a bland feeling about me. Either I'm a showboating son of a bitch or I'm the darling that everyone picks on." - Al McGuire
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#14 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:52 pm

I would really like to see the Bucks draft Bill Walker in the 2nd round. What are the chances that he will be around then? Is he for sure staying in the draft?
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
mcfromage
Veteran

Post#15 » by mcfromage » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:50 pm

Walker messed up his knee in a workout over the weekend.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks