Let's Have Some Common Sense: Keep Redd, Lose Mo

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Re: Let's Have Some Common Sense: Keep Redd, Lose Mo 

Post#21 » by trwi7 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:38 am

There is something very awkward about MBBOT typing the word "fannies."
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Neapolitan Buck » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:17 pm

I'm not a Redd apologist too, but I'd like to make a comparison (obviously not on basketball skills) with Kobe Bryant. He was selfish, he shot everything he touched, he had bad relationships with some teammates like Vujacic, and suddenly, all is changed. He started to be confident in his teammates, because their basketball approach changed, surely Phil jackson has a role in this change. With Skiles coaching, if our young frontcourt and the additions I hope we are going to have will become worthy of confidence, maybe Mike is going to be more unselfish; because the thing that surprised me last year that he can pass, he knows how to pass, but he just don't. I hope Skiles is going to work well with him and that his teammates are going to develop, as Mike could become a better player and gives us more than some nice scoring performances, because he can do more, to me.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#23 » by smauss » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Trade Mo this year; Redd next year (if he is a detriment) = fine.
Trade Mo and Redd this year = fine.
Trade Redd this year; Keep Mo as 6th man = fine.
Trade Redd this year; Keep Mo as a starter = NO! :nonono:
Keep Mo and Redd as starters this year = No; No; No! :banghead:
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#24 » by midranger » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:51 pm

I'll post here what I posted in the other thread. It makes much more sense, and that thread should be steered back on topic as making the Olympic Team is a heck of an accomplishment.

I haven't seen one justification of keeping Redd that makes any sense.

We were a 26 win team last year. Redd's "elite scoring" did nothing to change that. In fact, without his horrible 4th quarter collapses, we likely win more games as evidenced by our record without him on the court.

Redd is a 17 million dollar per year player that represents everything wrong with this team.

Be honest and ask yourself, "What would I change about this team?"

Then look at Max Redd, and ask yourself, "How would he help accomplish these changes?"

If you can find a single way that keeping Redd helps to bring about the changes you desire, I'd be shocked.

I know, if I could remake this team the things that I'd change. Selfish attitude. Defensive ineptitude. Leadership void. Greatly overpaid players. Charmin soft players. Is Redd the solution to any of these problems? Of course not. He's one of the biggest problems. Why would we pay this guy 17 million dollars to continue to be what our team doesn't need? Because he can give us 24 empty points on a completely **** team? Please.

Michael Redd is the absolute last thing any rebuilding team needs. And that's what we are. That's not to say that Mo Williams is any better in those regards. Most of my trade scenarios send Mo out for a reason. But Mo Williams doesn't make 17 million dollars per year. Mo isn't the ingrained alpha player on the team. Redd needs to go for the team culture to change ASAP.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#25 » by jerrod » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:40 pm

trwi7 wrote:There is something very awkward about MBBOT typing the word "fannies."

good god, he's found the bold command!!!!
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#26 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:41 pm

Neapolitan Buck wrote:I'm not a Redd apologist too, but I'd like to make a comparison (obviously not on basketball skills) with Kobe Bryant. He was selfish, he shot everything he touched, he had bad relationships with some teammates like Vujacic, and suddenly, all is changed. He started to be confident in his teammates, because their basketball approach changed, surely Phil jackson has a role in this change. With Skiles coaching, if our young frontcourt and the additions I hope we are going to have will become worthy of confidence, maybe Mike is going to be more unselfish; because the thing that surprised me last year that he can pass, he knows how to pass, but he just don't. I hope Skiles is going to work well with him and that his teammates are going to develop, as Mike could become a better player and gives us more than some nice scoring performances, because he can do more, to me.

Redd can pass as long as he isn't in motion. He just can't pass the thing competently on the drive and it's not just that his head is down.
stevescheffler06
Analyst
And1: 223

Post#27 » by stevescheffler06 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:14 pm

Has anyone heard anything to substaniate the Woelfel rumor of Redd to New York?
Sneaky Pete wrote:In Disgiuse.
Redbeardwirc0830
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#28 » by Redbeardwirc0830 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:50 pm

I could not agree with this thread any more.

do people not realize that michael increased his assit average and had the 2nd highest rebound average of his carrer. with the right coach I would rather give michael another chance to re-prove himself than i would mo. Mo has shown me nothing but wanting to shoot more and more.

the teams that are rumored to be wanting redd are all getting him for the same reason...he is capable of being one of the most deadly scorers in the game. If we get a better playmaking pg to run this team we actually do have alot of talent i think our coach is the guy to get it out of all of them.

Trade Mo and Dan...get a defensive big man to come in and bang around (yi should start if he improved) and a pg that is solid on D.

i am still a fan of a mo to portland trade...if we could get outlaw and some sort of big guy i would feel confident drafting westbrook

Return to Milwaukee Bucks