Woelfel on Kohl

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Woelfel on Kohl 

Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:08 am

I found this one interesting and a good read. Hopefully it is true.

WOELFEL: Guardian angel Kohl protective of Bucks
BY GERY WOELFEL
Journal Times
Monday, June 16, 2008 10:33 PM CDT

We all know the Milwaukee Bucks aren’t going anywhere as long as Herb Kohl is the franchise owner.

And, by all accounts, Kohl will be the Bucks owner for years to come. And why shouldn’t he be? His decision to radically revamp the Bucks’ organization in the last couple of months vividly illustrates his commitment to getting the Bucks back on track.

What’s more, Kohl appears to be in tip-top physical shape. While he’s 73 years old, he is as active as ever.

Yet, what would happen to the Bucks if something serious happened to Kohl, who isn’t married and doesn’t have any children? Would they become the Las Vegas Bucks? Or the Anaheim Bucks?

Kohl reassured me that won’t occur. Kohl said he’s already taken measures to ensure the Bucks will remain a fixture on the Milwaukee/Wisconsin landscape.

“It’s in my will; the next (owner) has to keep it here,” Kohl said.

I then asked Kohl who, in his will, was designated to assume the Bucks’ reins. He looked at me, smiled and pronounced, “You.”

“Me?” I retorted with a smile that was every bit as broad as his.

Kohl then smiled one more time before walking away.

You got to love the good senator’s sense of humor and, if you’re a Bucks fan, you really have to love his commitment to keeping the Bucks where they are.

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/20 ... 459516.txt
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
barbados73
Junior
And1: 8

Re: Woelfel on Kohl 

Post#2 » by barbados73 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:26 am

After reading that it makes me wonder if Kohl would leave the Bucks to the city of Milwaukee in his will. This would ensure that the Bucks stay in Milwaukee, and it appears Kohl has no family in which to leave the team. He may envision the Bucks being like the Packers.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#3 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:57 am

barbados73 wrote:After reading that it makes me wonder if Kohl would leave the Bucks to the city of Milwaukee in his will. This would ensure that the Bucks stay in Milwaukee, and it appears Kohl has no family in which to leave the team. He may envision the Bucks being like the Packers.

That was my reaction as well, who knows though.
Go Bucks!
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#4 » by aboveAverage » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:16 am

Or maybe gerry woelful is the next owner of the milwaukee bucks. Herb Kohl never jokes around...
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#5 » by carmelbrownqueen » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:18 am

I just hope whoever the beneficiary is that they have a strong basketball mind (so in other words no Dan Kohl) or at least the smarts to leave the decisions in the hands of a good/great basketball mind.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#6 » by Andrew34r » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:43 am

Seemed to me that Woeful and Herb were flirting a little bit! :eyebrows:
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#7 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:56 am

Andrew34r wrote:Seemed to me that Woeful and Herb were flirting a little bit! :eyebrows:
ROFLMAOOOOO :lol: :lol:
zizek
Senior
And1: 0

Post#8 » by zizek » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:38 am

I don't think any modern leagues would permit the non-profit ownership arrangement that the Packers got when the NFL was young and struggling. It was probably worth something to the NFL to assure the survival of one of the original franchises at a time when the league may have lost a number of franchises.

If non-profit arrangements to anchor teams to cities caught on it would interfere with the purpose of the NBA. It would make it difficult to extort money from cities for arenas and probably hinder some of the owners' other money-making schemes.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#9 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Kohl has worked with local "leaders" for many many years. He knows better than to let those clowns take over the team.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#10 » by crkone » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:10 pm

I could just see the Milwaukee Common Council taking years to discuss if they should trade Redd. And they when they can't decide, they will just sell the team to Las Vegas for money to build their city wide rail service they wanted for the last 25 years.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#11 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Andrew34r wrote:Seemed to me that Woeful and Herb were flirting a little bit! :eyebrows:

We have the most appropriate thread title ever then.
Go Bucks!
ReddManBogieMan
Senior
And1: 0

Post#12 » by ReddManBogieMan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:10 am

barbados73 wrote:After reading that it makes me wonder if Kohl would leave the Bucks to the city of Milwaukee in his will. This would ensure that the Bucks stay in Milwaukee, and it appears Kohl has no family in which to leave the team. He may envision the Bucks being like the Packers.

That would be awesome! :nod:
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#13 » by trwi7 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:27 am

paulpressey25 wrote:We all know the Milwaukee Bucks aren’t going anywhere as long as Herb Kohl is the franchise owner.

Anybody else find this line funny? :lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks