Odom should be available - Trade idea

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Re: Odom should be available - Trade idea 

Post#21 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:27 pm

NOODLESTYLE wrote:Since you guys want Odom and want to get of Redd and Yi.

Lamar Odom + Vlad Rad

for

Michael Redd + Yi

there you go

Good one.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#22 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:27 am

Lamar Odom is soft and chokes under any kind of pressure. And he has a really weird shaped head.

Vlad Rad is the most one dimmensional player in the league. Does nothing but stand at the three point line on offense, and doesn't defend on the other end. And only gets rebounds when it bounces right to him. My friends and I call him "Serbian Tim Thomas."

No thanks on either.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#23 » by europa » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:47 am

As a big Odom fan I've been thinking about this one. My guess is the Lakers and Kings talk trade with Odom and Artest as the principles. How much fun would a Kobe-Artest duo be to watch - and I'm not talking about their basketball skills. :D But maybe the Bucks could throw something along the lines of:

Villanueva/Simmons

FOR

Odom

I don't see the Lakers going for it to be honest. The Lakers need to get tougher and Villanueva won't help them there. Plus, they may not think he can play SF full-time with Gasol moving to PF next season once Bynum is healthy. He and Simmons would both give them more offensive punch, however, and that would have some value.

Like I said, I don't think the Lakers would go for it but the move would help the Bucks from a talent and salary perspective since Odom is easily the best player in the deal and the trade removes Simmons' contract from the books, replacing it with Odom's expiring deal.
Nothing will not break me.
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Johnny Newman » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:43 pm

I would pass on Odom. I think only time I thought about trading for him was when he was with the Clippers. Now i'm not to fond of him now. He kinda reminded me of a guy like Sharreef Abdur-Rahim. Pats stats on losing teams then becomes a journeymen player. Then becomes forgotton.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks