Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Re: Brand Could Be On The Block Per ESPN 

Post#21 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:52 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
Kohl Is A Mome wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:If we couldn't move Redd or Mo for expirings, you're looking at a $70M+ payroll with Brand.

$17M for Redd
$12M or thereabouts for Bogut
$8.5M for Mo
$10M for Simmons
$6.5M for Gadzuric
$6M for Bell/Yi

That is $70M alone right there, then you have:

Sessions if they decide to resign him
the 2008 pick's salary
whatever salary you get back for a CV deal

Now, I know these figures aren't exact, but unless we bring in a lot of expiring deals this offseason, signing Brand is not feasible. And that is assuming he'd want to re-sign here, which I think would be foolish.

What the **** are you talking about?

To GET Brand we'd have to GIVE UP something, (of about equal salary). Therefor you could NOT possibly just trade for Brand and still have Simmons, Bogut, Gadz, Mo, and Redd.

The only guy youve omitted is Mason. Are you somehow trying to claim we could trade Mason for Brand? Theres about a billion things wrong with that.

So again I must ask, what the **** are you talking about?

You are correct sir. Brand is making $16.4M, so subtract about that amount from our salaries going out. You're still looking at around $55M + Sessions extension + 2008 first rounder's salary + whatever we get back for CV.

And I don't think the Clippers would be looking to take on Redd to land Brand, so you're still looking at Redd, a resigned Bogut, and Brand all under the payroll, and all three making between $12M-$17M a year for at least the next three years.

You think Mo, Simmons and Yi would land Brand then? I doubt that would work. Im sure the Clippers would MUCH rather take on Redd, and heres why, Simmons trade kicker makes him even worse.

Besides, looking at it like that with how much Brand, Redd, Bogut would make isnt factoring in how much salary youre sending out. Mo and Bobby make a hell of a lot too, putting Brand in their place wouldnt really raise our salary.

If the clippers trade Brand theyre going to need a name back, (same as if the bucks trade Redd), you cant just give away guys that are the face of a franchise for some unproven guy who has never played an NBA game. (Unless of course theres extenuating circumstances, like that player demanding out) or some guys who just dont have the capability to be the franchise guy.

Bottom line, we wont get Brand without giving up Redd or the pick, thats for sure. If we want him without giving up Redd id bet theyd want the 8, Yi, Mo, and salary filler that isnt Simmons.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,746

Re: Brand Could Be On The Block Per ESPN 

Post#22 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm not sure aquiring Brand is feasible.

I love Elton. He is one of the hardest working and toughest players in the league. Extremely affable and articulate off the court too. But his age, injury concerns, contract, and likely desire to be a featured player on a glamor team make it an unlikely occurance that he will suit up for us. And don't overlook his impending free agency.

The only way this happens, is if LA really wants Redd. And if Kohl has sent out feelers to his agent that Brand is receptive to signing an extension with us. And now were talking big time money.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks