ImageImage

What I see as a realistic offseason

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

What I see as a realistic offseason 

Post#1 » by tedbrogen » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:53 am

First time poster here with what I think is a realistic scenario for the offseason, because a lot of ideas I see on here and other boards are unrealistic from a non-NBA Live point of view.

Like some on here, I too went through the "Let's just trade everyone on the team not named Bogut or Sessions for whatever, we just need to get rid of them because I hate them." That probably won't happen.
-They will obviously hang onto Bogut and Sessions unless they get a crazy offer for them.
-Kohl seems to be obsessed with Yi, so I doubt he OKs any Yi trade. (Even though I would move Yi, because I am convinced he is actually 24 years old going on 25, meaning his upside is far more limited than most believe)
-Because Yi is probably staying it means CV will probably be moved, because he struggles off the bench and can't play defense.
-One of Redd and Mo will be shipped out, because together they form the worst defensive backcourt in the league. With reports saying they have spoken with Redd and told him they aren't exploring trading him right now, it makes me think (unless that is a smokescreen) that Mo is gone.
-When they move Mo and CV it should be a lock that they unload Gadz in some fashion as he is the worst combo of bad contract/worthless player that they currently have.
-It would be nice if they could unload Simmons, but with his high salary/injuries/declining play/trade kicker, they would almost have to trade Mo or CV and get nothing in return just to get rid of Simmons. I don't see that happening. Simmons only has two years left, so they can just bury him on the bench and wait for his contract to expire.
-Personally I would like them to unload Bell whose contract is pretty bad for a guy who doesn't want to be on the team. However, I think they will keep him around this season and see if Skiles can get anything out of him.

So, I think Mo, CV, and Gadz end up getting moved in trades. I would be fine if they got back a mid first rounder and an expiring contract in those trades.

With the 8th pick, assuming they stay at #8, I would go with Alexander. He seems to compliment Yi perfectly. He should bring strength, defense, and athletic ability. His lack of shooting range and unrefined passing skills would be offset by Yi's range and passing skills.

If they trade Mo and don't draft a PG, they will turn the starting PG job over to Sessions because he only has one year left on his contract, due to being a 2nd round pick, and they need to find out if he is for real.

All that said, what are some realistic trade scenarios for moving Mo and CV, both individually or together, and hopefully including Gadz somehow?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,972

Re: What I see as a realistic offseason 

Post#2 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:58 am

Welcome to the board.
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Neapolitan Buck » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 pm

DrugBust wrote:Welcome to the board.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#4 » by fam3381 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Good post Ted, welcome. I would just add that all the evidence I've seen is that Yi is 23 going on 24.

Btw, didn't you play some minor league ball back in the '80s?
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
bigredbadger
Sophomore
And1: 31

Post#5 » by bigredbadger » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:39 pm

i could see us trading mo for washingtons pick (#18). and then we would grab donte greene. cv to golden state for pick 15 seems probable, but i highly doubt we do both.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks