ImageImage

A Bogut to Minny (Mayo) trade that I WOULD do

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Re: A Bogut to Minny (Mayo) trade that I WOULD do 

Post#21 » by Wise1 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:03 am

MBBOT, you can only have 5 starters so at some point you need to bring in role players. In my scenario, Mayo would replace Redd as a starter and Lopez would replace Bogut with Very Joe and Hibbert being the backups.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#22 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:18 am

randy84 wrote:I would trade Bogut to Minny for the #3 and then package the #3 and Bell or Mo to Miami for Beasley.

Everyone agrees that there are only 2 superstars in this draft, so if we are going to give up Bogut we might as well go and get one of them.

You are merely copying off what I said in a thread here last night. I said the same thing in a deal with Miami.

I had Mo, Yi or Villanueva, Gadzuric and the #8 going to Miami to move down 5 spots and the Bucks get Davis, Blount, Haslem, and the #2.

But we need either Beasley or Mayo if you want to do this Skiles era right. I would be willing to be on board with that scenario and long range promise if we land either of these two.

Mayo is a work out warrior. Beasley is just that, a beast. Both have pride in their games and the want to excel, star and win that none of our players have now at all.

And they have the ability to get it done. Now it remains to be seen on the pro level but the entire league is getting younger. They are as good as any of the other young stars coming into the league.

Now we have to be about toughness and winning mentalities...and hope the character questions part will come from maturity and growth and coaching...

Some say Beasley is a Derrick Coleman, and others that Mayo is this or that...Coleman was a waste for sure. But he could play. Beasley is a new school monster. The young man is all about challenges and proven doubters wrong.

Redd isn't! Niether is Mo or even Bogut!!! They are all fragile and soft. Blaming Ford and coaches fo their failures and refuse to push teamates and allowed complacency to set in.

One thing Mayo and Gordon and Beasley and Skiles are not are.....'soft' minded accepting 'losers.'
And they will not be boring, dry or dull. Milwaukee needs a new era and I think it starts here and now...

If you are a leader on a team who is in the lottery 4 out of 5 years in the East, you are a loser. That is he bottom line. We need to re-tool this roster from top to bottom.

No one is or should be untradeable or untouchable if you ask me...at the sake of progress.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#23 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:24 am

Wise1 wrote:
Johnny Newman wrote:Why trade Bogut? Mayo next MJ or what? If not I pass.

Well of course Bogut doesn't have MJ value but I think I get your point. In the "complete" scenario that I detailed in my first post, the Bucks could potentially bring in 3 players that could be just as effective as Bogut (or close enough) in Lopez, Very Joe and Hibbert (BPA at #19). Deperate for star power, the Bucks would have Mayo in the fold who at the very least will be an above average NBA 2 guard and will have a chance to be a superstar.

That would be the argument for trading Bogut.
You ask is Mayo the next "MJ?" Some say yes....
I say....HE COULD BE 'OUR NEXT JORDAN'...and if not that the next Moncrief! Absolutely he has that talent.

Yes he is...to answer your question.

Yes!

Like I said, on all fronts, if the Bulls take Rose we need to do what we can to get Mayo or Gordon and if we can Beasley or we will die in this region and be passed up in the East.

You have to bring in a player who can draw national interest. You have a guy with international appeal in Yi...Now you need one with some pop here.

I am more reluctant to move Yi then I am Bogut! But I am not so sure Yi will not bolt when he gets a chance to in a few years anyways. One thing that is a fact, Yi will not play here his entire career.

You can mark that down right now...Just like LeBron wont stay in Cleveland his entire career. It does not make fiscal sense for him to do so.

The only reason he is here now is to prepare for the Olympics. But for all he did this season he should have sat out and called the Bucks bluff.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,525

Post#24 » by th87 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:48 am

I'm not sure I trust your center valuations, Wise. :lol:

But after thinking about it, I think we should hang on to Redd for now to see how he takes to the Skiles way. Surround him with good defenders, and he won't look so bad. He's shown that he can pass the ball if the urge hits him too.
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Johnny Newman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:21 pm

I would pass on all Cavs trades. They have nothing but LeBron. Even if we sent Bogut to T-pups for Mayo. Then Redd plays sf?
Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Johnny Newman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:36 pm

Plus Bogut for Maymo gives us a small big 3 again. Mo,Redd,Mayo with 4/5 scorers of CV,Yi. Where before it was Cassell,Ray,Dog and 4/5 were TT and Redd. Then crappy center holding us up of EJ=Gadz. If we did this trade we need our Scott Williams player. We have to deal Simmons for our Scotty whom ever that might be.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#27 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:40 pm

I wouldn't do this, especially if we draft who you say we would.

Hibbert isn't going to score much at all in the pros and he just isn't going to be very good IMO. He's going to be a career rotational guy. AV is not that good of a starting center either.

I don't like Lopez either myself.

I'll take Alexander, though.

I think Mayo could really be a good player but you've just traded one guy that is a good NBA player in Redd (even in our bashing) and a guy that should be developing his offensive game last year turning into an 18/11/2/2 guy next year and you've replaced them with some cap space, a guy that could be very good (which I think) but we aren't sure, and 2 guys that could be stiffs at C.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,016

Post#28 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:36 pm

Like I said in another thread, Bogut for Mayo and Lopez at #8 would be my absolute best case scenario.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks