ImageImage

Great Rumors from other papers today (Love, TJ, Wade)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Re: Great Rumors from other papers today (Love, TJ, Wade) 

Post#21 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Andy Katz was just on the radio. Apparently Minnesota is working out both Gordon and Bayless on Monday, leading Katz to believe there's a deal in the works for the Wolves to move back a few spots.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#22 » by europa » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:00 pm

Wise1 wrote:Everything about Ford has to do with his injury history. When his mind is right and he's healthy, he's a very nice player. However, he's always one fall away from being out of the game. I wouldn't want his contract if I were Pheonix unless it was an expiring.

Agree about the injury issues and that's the major risk and major question teams are asking themselves about Ford. By all accounts, there's a lot of interest in him because teams know they won't have to pay top dollar to get him and he's proven to be a very good PG who's young, isn't overpaid and whose game is improving. But even at a reduced cost you're talking about a player who might be one injury away from retirement. That makes trading for Ford a big risk despite his clear talent. That said, I'd much rather have Ford and his contract than Diaw and his. If the report that Diaw's commitment to the game is being questioned that makes him even more overpaid.
Nothing will not break me.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,025

Post#23 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:03 pm

DrugBust wrote:Andy Katz was just on the radio. Apparently Minnesota is working out both Gordon and Bayless on Monday, leading Katz to believe there's a deal in the works for the Wolves to move back a few spots.

I'm confused now. There is a ton of smoke out there.

It does go back to what Wichmae said last night. Miami I guess controls everything. And if they pass on Beasley for Mayo or deal the #2 pick it must set off a chain reaction below them then.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM

Post#24 » by europa » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:05 pm

DrugBust wrote:Andy Katz was just on the radio. Apparently Minnesota is working out both Gordon and Bayless on Monday, leading Katz to believe there's a deal in the works for the Wolves to move back a few spots.

Memphis might make sense. The Grizzlies could move up to 3 and take Mayo to team with Conley. The T'Wolves move down to five and take Bayless or Gordon to team with Foye. It sure doesn't seem like McHale thinks much of O.J. Mayo given the number of trade rumors associated with Minnesota. Then again, McHale isn't a good GM so who knows what to think.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#25 » by Wise1 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Interesting. They're garaunteed either Mayo or Beasley. There must be a blockbuster deal in place. I hope the Bucks are involved, but I can see the Clippers perhaps sending Brand to Minny in a deal that would net them the 3rd pick and the rights to OJ Mayo. We couldn't beat that unless we tossed in Bogut and Mo/CV. If the Wolves thought Brand would suffer no ill effects from last year's surgery, Bogut may not even be enough. But if McHale wants to move AJ out of the center spot and thinks he can be their Brand at the 4, then we've got a chance...but only by giving up Bogut. Risky proposition.
europa
RealGM

Post#26 » by europa » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Trading Bogut for Mayo shouldn't even be a consideration for Hammond. It's not a trade worth making in my opinion. The only player in this draft I'd even consider trading Bogut for is Rose. That's it.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#27 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:15 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Mitch Lawrence has this blurb on the Bucks:

"...The Bucks are sending out strong signals that they like LSU's Anthony Randolph at No. 8. A legitimate 6-10, Randolph has been called a cross between Tayshaun Prince and Odom. But West Virginia small forward Joe Alexander, a hard-nosed worker, is seen as a better fit with new coach Scott Skiles. ... "

Terry Pluto in Cleveland has this on AV

"Because NBA rules say Varejao can't be traded until Dec. 5 without his approval (don't ask why, long story), that means the new team will probably have to sign Varejao to an extension in order for his agent to OK the trade. So the Cavs must 1.) Find a team that needs Varejao. 2.) Get the team to give the Cavs value in return. 3.) Get Varejao to agree to the trade, and possibly sign him to a new deal. It's not impossible, but it is complicated..........It makes more sense to package Varejao and Szczerbiak (about $18 million combined salaries) to build a deal for Redd, Davis or someone who can make an immediate impact....."
If I were Nuggets fans I would be hopping mad right now!

First off the Denver GM is way off base for not accepting the proposed deal with Detriot for Tayshaun Prince and Chauncey Billups for Carmelo Anthony.

Mark Wartkentein you are flat out foolish to turn down this deal! If I am a Nuggets fan I am upset on this one. Two proven stars for one who can't win 'big' in the NBA's Western Conference.

He wants Detriot to take 33 year old high mileage Allen Iverson instead!? You are delusional to think the Pistons would do that. You are dealing two Olympians and a Finals MVP for Melo! That is a great deal for both teams.

I would trade Prince for Melo straight up much less throw in a hometown winner from Colorado like Billups to boot! WTF is he thinking!

I know George Karl would have loved that deal. Two guys who can play defense and who dont get DUI's and smoke pot at practice...persumably.

Wade to Chicago for the #1 and Larry Hughes and Tyrus Thomas plus the first two picks in Rose and Beasley? Wow! That would make Pat Riley the best GM in NBA history right there! In one fell swoop he would have a dynasty.

Don't do it Chicago...Miami would win the next 5 rings after one year to grow together. Easily the most exciting team in the NBA if that goes down.

Terry Porter is looking to bring in TJ Ford in Pheonix which goes to show you how dumb were to fire Porter and trade Ford in the first place! The problem was Redd, Mo and Bogut, not those two!

That was our winning combination right there! And we are still looking for a point guard! Go figure.

Don't know if any of these will go down, but Miami is getting back too much for Wade. But Wade is going home in that deal and he would make the Bulls some money simply by his presence.

Great deal for the Heat. Then they would have enough money perhaps to bring in Elton Brand as well and bring Haslem off the bench! My oh my....

I told you, watch out for the Sixers! Josh Smith or Jamison would help them. They could then lock up Iggy and J Smooth on the same squad with Andre Miller and a budding Thaddeus Young and Sam Delembert....Nice.

It is gonna be a fun week...Oh, and take this with you. This Cleveland reporter is a nut if he thinks we want Varejo and Wally's world two of the sorriest and softes players in the NBA for Redd! Hey, Cavs nuts!

YOU ARE NOT GETTING REDD FOR THAT GARBAGE OK...SO GET LOST or come up with a better trade and then you still don't do it if you are Hammond!

Why in the world did Denver turn down that deal....???????
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:18 pm

I can't see Memphis going with a perimeter player. Gay and Conley's awfully tough but they've got absolutely nothing in the paint. I can't think of a worse frontcourt. Love and Lopez are going to be right there for them to choose from.

The Clips on the other hand make quite a bit of sense. They've got backcourt issues and a future star like Mayo would be huge for that franchise. I just don't know what they could offer outside of Thornton. Brand isn't a center; he'd be a terrible fit next to Jefferson and he's going to be aged while their young core is ready to win. I can't LA moving Kamen. LA could simply stay put and take either Gordon or Westbrook and call it a day.

Unless NY gives up Lee, I don't know what they have to move up for Mayo. I doubt that gets it done, regardless.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,025

Post#29 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:20 pm

I think Carmelo is worth more than the Billups/Prince combination. Chauncey is in his 30's. Tayshaun turns 29 next February.

In the meantime, Melo is 23 and still improving.

I loved MBBOT's blurb about the TJ/Porter connection... :D
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#30 » by REDDzone » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:21 pm

DrugBust wrote:I can't see Memphis going with a perimeter player. Gay and Conley's awfully tough but they've got absolutely nothing in the paint. I can't think of a worse frontcourt. Love and Lopez are going to be right there for them to choose from.

The Clips on the other hand make quite a bit of sense. They've got backcourt issues and a future star like Mayo would be huge for that franchise. I just don't know what they could offer outside of Thornton. Brand isn't a center; he'd be a terrible fit next to Jefferson and he's going to be aged while their young core is ready to win. I can't LA moving Kamen. LA could simply stay put and take either Gordon or Westbrook and call it a day.

Unless NY gives up Lee, I don't know what they have to move up for Mayo. I doubt that gets it done, regardless.

Pretty much agree with everything, DB. Especially the Brand/Jefferson horrible fit comment. Can you say redundant?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#31 » by Wise1 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:21 pm

MBBOT should have his own colume. Always a good chuckle with your morning coffee. :)
europa
RealGM

Post#32 » by europa » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:24 pm

The Grizzlies could move up, take Mayo and go with a Conley-Mayo backcourt with Gay at SF. They still have a weak frontcourt but that's a pretty strong perimeter trio. That's assuming the Grizzlies like Mayo enough to trade up to get him.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#33 » by Jollay » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:29 pm

Thanks for posting the info Press. Also appreciate the comments below, such as the one on Jefferson/Brand, agree completely.

As far as Randolph, I see him as a guy that might take two years to even crack the eight-man, unfortunately, even on a team such as the Bucks with the current roster.

But if he's the guy we want for long-term potential, so be it.

This IS going to be a fun week. Most years the potential for many blockbuster trades and teams moving up into the draft are highly overstated; this year it could actually happen/much greater possibilities.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#34 » by REDDzone » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:29 pm

If that's the case Europa, I would love to see the Bucks make a move for Mike Miller.

It would give us flexibility to move Redd, and if not, he could play Sf just as easily and be far and away our best SF and it wouldn't even be close. Not to mention its always good to have a well-rounded player at the 3, especially for a fair price.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:29 pm

europa wrote:The Grizzlies could move up, take Mayo and go with a Conley-Mayo backcourt with Gay at SF. They still have a weak frontcourt but that's a pretty strong perimeter trio. That's assuming the Grizzlies like Mayo enough to trade up to get him.

They've got Mike Miller.

I don't know why Memphis would even consider Mayo unless they weren't confident in Conley.
europa
RealGM

Post#36 » by europa » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:31 pm

What I find most interesting is how so many of the top lottery teams this year don't seem to want their pick. Riley has been sending out signals he's looking to deal since lotto night. The Knicks want to trade; the T'Wolves don't appear to want the third pick. The Bucks don't seem to want the 8th pick. I don't recall the last draft where there were so many teams with top picks apparently not enthused about the idea of standing pat.
europa
RealGM

Post#37 » by europa » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:34 pm

DrugBust wrote:
europa wrote:The Grizzlies could move up, take Mayo and go with a Conley-Mayo backcourt with Gay at SF. They still have a weak frontcourt but that's a pretty strong perimeter trio. That's assuming the Grizzlies like Mayo enough to trade up to get him.

They've got Mike Miller.

I don't know why Memphis would even consider Mayo unless they weren't confident in Conley.

I thought Mayo was going to be a superstar in your eyes? If he is, you take him. If he's going to be a superstar then he will be better than Gay at SG (I don't know anyone who's projecting Gay to be a superstar). Miller likely isn't in the team's longterm plans so Gay could end up moving to SF or another SF could be brought in at some point to replace him.

If the Grizzlies believe Mayo is going to be a star they'd be fools to pass on him and take a lesser talent who seemingly fills a greater need. Now if the Grizzlies have Mayo and a frontcourt player ranked equally, then you fill the need. But you keep telling me how great Mayo is going to be. If that's the case, then I could see Memphis deciding it would want to trade up to get a big-time scorer to team with Conley in the backcourt.
europa
RealGM

Post#38 » by europa » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:35 pm

REDDzone wrote:If that's the case Europa, I would love to see the Bucks make a move for Mike Miller.

It would give us flexibility to move Redd, and if not, he could play Sf just as easily and be far and away our best SF and it wouldn't even be close. Not to mention its always good to have a well-rounded player at the 3, especially for a fair price.

Villanueva/Dez for Miller works for me. Not sure the Grizzlies would go for it, though.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:40 pm

europa wrote:
DrugBust wrote:

They've got Mike Miller.

I thought Mayo was going to be a superstar in your eyes? If he is, you take him. If he's going to be a superstar then he will be better than Gay at SG (I don't know anyone who's projecting Gay to be a superstar). Miller likely isn't in the team's longterm plans so Gay could end up moving to SF or another SF could be brought in at some point to replace him.

If the Grizzlies believe Mayo is going to be a star they'd be fools to pass on him and take a lesser talent who seemingly fills a greater need. Now if the Grizzlies have Mayo and a frontcourt player ranked equally, then you fill the need. But you keep telling me how great Mayo is going to be. If that's the case, then I could see Memphis deciding it would want to trade up to get a big-time scorer to team with Conley in the backcourt.

It's usually only after reading one of MBBOT's posts that I come away thinking that I lost some brain cells in the process.

I think you should watch Rudy Gay a bit more.
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#40 » by bango_the_buck » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Wise1 wrote:It's nice that Alexandar speaks Mandarin and all, but bringing in players to be social crutches for key players has failed the Bucks in the recent pass....see Bogut/Markota. They should simply draft the best prospect available.

Did you just compare Alexander as a draft prospect to Damir Markota? WOW...

If they draft Alexander, it's because they think he'll be the best player, not because he can yuck it up with Yi...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks