ImageImage

TI: Bucks and Clippers for Brand

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

TI: Bucks and Clippers for Brand 

Post#1 » by Johnny Newman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:27 am

Yi,Simmons,Gadz for Brand and crap filler? Hell I would thrown in a second rounder this year to get it done. Then a Mo and #8 for Prince then call it a summer.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Re: TI: Bucks and Clippers for Brand 

Post#2 » by xTitan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:29 am

Prince isn't worth that much at all.....people want to give up an awful lot for a 1 year rental of Elton Brand.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:30 am

xTitan wrote:Prince isn't worth that much at all.....people want to give up an awful lot for a 1 year rental of Elton Brand.

Yi and two of the worst contracts in the NBA is too much for a 20/10 PF even if it is only a one year rental?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#4 » by xTitan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:33 am

trwi7 wrote:
xTitan wrote:Prince isn't worth that much at all.....people want to give up an awful lot for a 1 year rental of Elton Brand.

Yi and two of the worst contracts in the NBA is too much for a 20/10 PF even if it is only a one year rental?

It certainly is if you believe Yi can be a player...you obviously don't, I am not sure.....so yes one year with no chance to win the East IMO, that is to much.
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#5 » by Johnny Newman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:37 am

Well Celtics gave away the future in Al Jefferson to wear a ring. Sounds good to me if our whole entire team is a all star 1 year rental. Win now then worry later. Were use to losing anyway. Why not win a quickie now?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,915

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:42 am

Because even with Brand for a year we are nowhere near being a contender.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#7 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:42 am

xTitan wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

It certainly is if you believe Yi can be a player...you obviously don't, I am not sure.....so yes one year with no chance to win the East IMO, that is to much.

So assume we sign someone like Duhon with part of the MLE. You don't think a roster of could compete in the East?

Sessions/Duhon
Redd/Bell
Prince/Mason
Brand/Villanueva
Bogut/minimum scrub like Ruffin

Again, they may not be in the Finals but that team easily makes the playoffs and the East and has a decent chance of making it to the Conference Finals imo. You weaken the #2 team in the East by taking away one of their best players, unless Cleveland adds someone next to LeBron they're still a step behind, Washington, Philadelphia, Toronto etc are all .500 teams give or take a couple of games.

Assuming that team is healthy I think they could be penciled in for 50 wins.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#8 » by El Duderino » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:45 am

Regardless of whether some Bucks fans think Yi has a bright future or not, i don't see any chance the Clippers would trade Brand for Yi and two terrible contracts, another team could offer something better that doesn't include about 40 million in dead money.
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#9 » by Johnny Newman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:46 am

This roster has a big4, yes i'm including Bogut as the big 4 partner. Hes gonna step it up this year. Long as Brand stays healthy well whole team. We got #2 seed in the beg hopefully. Unless another team thats top dog loads up to we big gambles for win now. But what I took into context from a few topics for a win now bet the farm for a 1 year rental for a ring. Its worth it. Celtics aren't complaining. Heck if we can get Artest for less then Prince go for it. Sessions,Redd,Artest,Brand,Bogut line up is still worthy of a Celtics match up.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#10 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:51 am

El Duderino wrote:Regardless of whether some Bucks fans think Yi has a bright future or not, i don't see any chance the Clippers would trade Brand for Yi and two terrible contracts, another team could offer something better that doesn't include about 40 million in dead money.

I agree. The Clippers would be better off just letting Brand walk after next year instead of taking on Simmons and Gadzuric, even if they think Yi is going to be a good player.

I'm still wondering how some don't think it's a good deal for the Bucks. Adding Brand and Prince and only giving up the #8 pick in a weak draft, two terrible contracts, a PF who faded as the season went on and Mo, a good player but not as good as Brand could be a bad deal for us.

We lose Mo's scoring but we would still have plenty with Redd and Bogut and the addition of Brand, hell even Prince can score a little. I would like to see what Skiles could do with that team.

Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#11 » by Johnny Newman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:56 am

Huge gamble here but here it goes. Yi,CV,Dez,Gadz for Brand. Yes its a huge mistake if Brand goes down. Also 1 year rental and kills our 10 year future. But 1 ring betting on 10 years is worth it. Just think if we did this on draft night. This might get old vet free agents thinking a ring could be close in Milwaukee if not Boston for dirt cheap cash. We still would have MLE. Mo,Redd,Simmons,Brand,Bogut isnt to shabby. Plus still have #8,Bell,Sessions off the bench. Yeah or bench is weak as hell. But thats what the MLE is for. Its really risky. Unless we deal #8,Mo or Simmons for more depth.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,915

Post#12 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:58 am

Johnny Newman wrote:Mo,Redd,Simmons,Brand,Bogut isnt to shabby. Plus still have #8,Bell,Sessions off the bench.

Maybe not too shabby. But not getting a ring either.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Johnny Newman
Banned User

Post#13 » by Johnny Newman » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:04 am

I'm reaching here but a Mo and #8 could be a Mayo. Even if it was a 3 way of tpups ,Heat,Bucks. Even if it means we bring back a long contract turd.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#14 » by raferfenix » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:20 am

We'd have to overpay Brand a whole lot ot have any chance at keeping him, and I don't see that as Hammond's style.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#15 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:28 am

I'd do both these deals. I do think we'd have a big 4. It would be a poor man's Celtics that might win 52 games.

I also think Yi/Simmons would get Brand. Yi in SoCal would be a big deal for the Chinese population out there and there is no way Donald Sterling is paying Brand a ton of money more. His first contract was simply because Pat Riley held a gun to his head on both Odom and Brand.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#16 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:37 am

Contract

Extension
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#17 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:48 am

only if Brand signed an extension because I agree we are probably still a year or two away with those trades. If the Clips were serious about keeping Brand, spending $, and winning(Sterling probably isn't)I would try to move Redd there too for something like 7 or Maggette and filler(Tim Thomas-waived)?

Prince
Brand/29
Bogut
Redd
Sessions

Prince
Yi/29
Bogut
Maggette or Gordon at 7
Sessions
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks