ImageImage

OT: Shaq/Kobe Feud is Alive and Well

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Re: OT: Shaq/Kobe Feud is Alive and Well 

Post#21 » by jerrod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:43 am

Will Perdude wrote:Shaq always gets away with stuff like this, and reporters and pundits explain it with the rationale "it's because he is funny." The only problem with that, is that Shaq has never made me laugh. Not even once. He is the all time classic example of the big dumb lineman on the football team that makes dumb jokes, and everyone pretends to laugh (because the guy is a mamoth), but no one really thought it was funny or likes the guy.

Is there anyone out there that really thinks Shaq is funny?

i do

i think he's funny fairly often
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#22 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:16 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3459208

Shaq lost his deputy badge.

Yeah that was posted, like 4 hours before you made that post. :lol:
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#23 » by Whiteman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:42 am

jerrod wrote:
Will Perdude wrote:Shaq always gets away with stuff like this, and reporters and pundits explain it with the rationale "it's because he is funny." The only problem with that, is that Shaq has never made me laugh. Not even once. He is the all time classic example of the big dumb lineman on the football team that makes dumb jokes, and everyone pretends to laugh (because the guy is a mamoth), but no one really thought it was funny or likes the guy.

i do

So do I, but not this time.
This was akin to a 5-year old saying "poop' repeatedly and everybody laughing because it's cute, not because it's funny. Only it isn't cute when it's a 35-year old.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#24 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:41 am

Whiteman wrote:
jerrod wrote:

i do

So do I, but not this time.
This was akin to a 5-year old saying "poop' repeatedly and everybody laughing because it's cute, not because it's funny. Only it isn't cute when it's a 35-year old.

Well he did mention Biggie a bit, and Biggie used such intellectual words as Dookie, and Doo-Doo, yet some idiots consider him the best. So Idno maybe he figured it would go over well? (which it did)
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#25 » by Buck You » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:15 am

Kohl Is A Mome wrote:
ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3459208

Shaq lost his deputy badge.

Yeah that was posted, like 4 hours before you made that post. :lol:

Just making sure you guys know. :wink:
jerrod
RealGM
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#26 » by jerrod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Well he did mention Biggie a bit, and Biggie used such intellectual words as Dookie, and Doo-Doo, yet some idiots consider him the best. So Idno maybe he figured it would go over well? (which it did)

that's the strangest argument anyone has ever made for anything ever, and i thought that the first time you told me
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#27 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:26 pm

This really isn't news at all, in fact, it's downright stupid and boring. But it is Shaq and Kobe, so lets have the media overplay the living hell out of it. Yawn....
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#28 » by Bernman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:19 pm

Unless Shaq got his salad tossed when he's asleep, he just admitted he was gay too.

And I love how he copped out by saying it was part of a rap battle. As if the microphone, not your brain, controls what's coming out of your mouth in only that one environment. I could excuse it if it was just part of his stream of consciousness. Problem is, the same line was repeated about 20 times. That's how he really feels.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#29 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:24 pm

Bernman wrote:Unless Shaq got his salad tossed when he's asleep, he just admitted he was gay too.

And I love how he copped out by saying it was part of a rap battle. As if the microphone, not your brain, controls what's coming out of your mouth in only that one environment. I could excuse it if it was just part of his stream of consciousness. Problem is, the same line was repeated about 20 times. That's how he really feels.

I was at work listening to Jim Rome in my headphones yesterday, and he kept saying "Kobe, hows my bleep taste?" (Actually saying bleep). Then he went "CANNNNNN YOUUUUU DIGGGGG ITTTT - HOWWSSSSS MYYYYY BLEEEEPPP TASSSTTEEEE" and I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

On another note.... yes, Shaq is probably gay.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 419

Post#30 » by smauss » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:51 pm

I'm sure I'll get flamed but that's ok. This typifies what is wrong in the NBA and probably most all professional sports. I have no respect for Shaq and none for Kobe. One is a has-been in denial that is still trying to thump his own chest by running down not only Kobe but other players as well. It's not funny, it's pathetic, vulgar, and irresponsible. By Shaq doing this and the air-time this has gotten, along with the reaction of much of the public simply shows just how course our culture has become and will continue to be. "Big" = very small! I guess like the saying goes, "Pigs will be pigs." You can wash one up, put expensive clothes on it; even put an expensive necklace on it; but it will always return to lie down in the muck and the mire............
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
jerrod
RealGM

Post#31 » by jerrod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:57 pm

smauss wrote:I'm sure I'll get flamed but that's ok. This typifies what is wrong in the NBA and probably most all professional sports. I have no respect for Shaq and none for Kobe. One is a has-been in denial that is still trying to thump his own chest by running down not only Kobe but other players as well. It's not funny, it's pathetic, vulgar, and irresponsible. By Shaq doing this and the air-time this has gotten, along with the reaction of much of the public simply shows just how course our culture has become and will continue to be. "Big" = very small! I guess like the saying goes, "Pigs will be pigs." You can wash one up, put expensive clothes on it; even put an expensive necklace on it; but it will always return to lie down in the muck and the mire............

remind me again, what exactly does this have to do with basketball?

shaq was on a stage in a club freestyling and he referenced kobe kissing his ass (a lot of you guys made the jump to gay sex, hmmmm :D ) and the crowd loved it, then someone just happened to catch it on video and now shaq' is apparently evil and he now typifies what's wrong with the nba.

to be honest, i think getting your *insert type of underwear* in a bunch over something as meaningless as this typifies what's wrong with our media and media obsessed culture

so there
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#32 » by fam3381 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:02 pm

smauss wrote:I guess like the saying goes, "Pigs will be pigs." You can wash one up, put expensive clothes on it; even put an expensive necklace on it; but it will always return to lie down in the muck and the mire............

The fact that no one liked Kobe as a person has allowed Shaq to get away with a bunch in their little BS feud. But Shaq's a funny guy who also happens to be a petty, overly-sensitive jerk. He's shown it a bunch of times...usually whenever he leaves a place he burns some bridges on the way out.

Anyone else remember when he had a problem with David Robinson early in his career? Supposedly it stemmed from Robinson ignoring him or something when Shaq was in high school in San Antonio. It was never exactly clear what happened, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Shaq imagined it--which would also make Shaq the first and last person to ever have a feud with David Robinson.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#33 » by Bernman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:14 pm

I'm glad everyone else shares my distaste for Shaq.

Shaq proved how moral he was when he premeditated an attack against an easy target like Brad Miller, just because he felt centers in the NBA were creating too much contact against him. Boo hoo, you're 330 pounds, and a klutz, how many guys have you knocked out with errant elbows, caved in their chests with your shoulder, and camera men have you run into because you're looking for someone to break your fall. I mean he'll start to stumble from about 20 feet away, and still not even look like he tries to stop himself from running into someone.

I was wondering if Shaq was going to get his badge away that he should have never gotten in the first place with his discretions. Looks like he has.......CAN YOU DIG IT! http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by smauss » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:19 pm

jerrod wrote:
smauss wrote:I'm sure I'll get flamed but that's ok. This typifies what is wrong in the NBA and probably most all professional sports. I have no respect for Shaq and none for Kobe. One is a has-been in denial that is still trying to thump his own chest by running down not only Kobe but other players as well. It's not funny, it's pathetic, vulgar, and irresponsible. By Shaq doing this and the air-time this has gotten, along with the reaction of much of the public simply shows just how course our culture has become and will continue to be. "Big" = very small! I guess like the saying goes, "Pigs will be pigs." You can wash one up, put expensive clothes on it; even put an expensive necklace on it; but it will always return to lie down in the muck and the mire............

remind me again, what exactly does this have to do with basketball?

shaq was on a stage in a club freestyling and he referenced kobe kissing his ass (a lot of you guys made the jump to gay sex, hmmmm :D ) and the crowd loved it, then someone just happened to catch it on video and now shaq' is apparently evil and he now typifies what's wrong with the nba.

to be honest, i think getting your *insert type of underwear* in a bunch over something as meaningless as this typifies what's wrong with our media and media obsessed culture

so there

Jerrod, your a smart guy, NBA players, especially one as popular as Shaq, represents the NBA and his conduct does reflect on the NBA. Shaq, himself, included NBA players for all hear. I agree we are a media saturated and media obsessed culture. I would even go so far as to say that this is an entertainment obsessed culture. Personally, I really don't care if the crowd loved it or not. Now Jerrod, since this is a media obsessed culture, do you really believe that Shaq would think that this wouldn't be recorded or that nobody would hear of this? I surely don't.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
jerrod
RealGM

Post#35 » by jerrod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:01 pm

i wouldn't think he'd care, he's just on stage having fun, why would he?

did wilt making statements about how many women he'd been with typify what was wrong with the nba back then? did len bias' coke or magic johnson's groupies typify what was wrong with the nba?

i just think some people like to be offended
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by smauss » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:15 pm

jerrod wrote:i wouldn't think he'd care, he's just on stage having fun, why would he?

did wilt making statements about how many women he'd been with typify what was wrong with the nba back then? did len bias' coke or magic johnson's groupies typify what was wrong with the nba?

Absolutely jerrod!

No jerrod, I don't like being offended!

simul justus et peccator
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#37 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:18 pm

Every year at the all star game, Shaq does this little gag where he has some kind of crazy shoe. One year he had a cell phone in his shoe. Another year he had a remote controlled shoe. He he he, Hilarious.

Granted, the guy has a funny line from time to time, but if people kept stats, like a baseball batting average (joke attempts per laugh inducing jokes)... Shaq would be batting, like, .025%

He also is one of the most petty and unforgiving guys around. Great as he was of a player, I just never found the guy even one ounce likable.
jerrod
RealGM

Post#38 » by jerrod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:24 pm

smauss wrote:
jerrod wrote:i wouldn't think he'd care, he's just on stage having fun, why would he?

Absolutely jerrod!

oh i didn't mean you

but i do think there are a lot of people who actively search for things to be outraged about

i don't like those people
smauss
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by smauss » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:58 pm

jerrod wrote:
smauss wrote:

Absolutely jerrod!

oh i didn't mean you

but i do think there are a lot of people who actively search for things to be outraged about

i don't like those people

On this we agree....

simul justus et peccator
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#40 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:02 am

Looks like Shaq is losing another badge too
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3460983

Return to Milwaukee Bucks