ImageImage

draft scenario

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

smalls
Junior
And1: 0

draft scenario 

Post#1 » by smalls » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:37 am

Ok so lets say ur Hammond and a player u don't expect to fall to u like say Westbrook Gordon or Bayless, do u gamble and draft the guard and then try to trade back into the draft at 10 thru 13 for either randolph or alexander whomever they prefer?
The reason I bring this up is it suddenly seems very plausible that Bayless is slipping and mightgive the clip show a choice between Bayless and westbrook.
This would be my ideal scenario, just curious what others think?
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Re: draft scenario 

Post#2 » by Debit One » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:40 am

For Westbrook or Bayless - sure, presuming that Hammond is high on Randolph. Alexander won't be there later. In fact, Alexander going higher than 8 is probably how one of those guys slips.

I would not do this for Gordon, as I just don't see him as having a position in the NBA. Undersized SGs are rarely successful.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#3 » by fam3381 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:46 am

This is really the million dollar question...it seems like Lopez and Gallinari have decent chances of being taken in the top seven, in which case somebody falls to you...I'd guess Gordon is the most likely, but it could also be Love, Westbrook, or Bayless. Most have been just assuming it's Alexander/Randolph if we stay put, but there's no point in picking a guy just because you've gotten used to the idea. I'd probably take any of those guys over Alexander.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
smalls
Junior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by smalls » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:09 am

the players I see skipping up would be gallinari or augustin that where this thought process was. I just would luv one of those 3 guards and to add the potential athleticism and attitude of alexander and or Randolph, to me the best of both worlds
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#5 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:45 pm

I think Westbrook and Gordon fall to us with Alexander and Gallinari still on the board. It would be hard to pass up Gordon unless we get rid of Redd. I really wouldn't mind Westbrook if we could get Donte Greene and Dorsey or DJ White in the second round, but I don't see us getting another 1st round pick unless the Kings or Phoenix or Portland are desperate enough for a PG to give us a pick for Mo.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks