ImageImage

Danilo Gallinari New Footage Mix (over 10 min long)!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Danilo Gallinari New Footage Mix (over 10 min long)! 

Post#1 » by Toxicity » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rwdsjq3WLE

Hi guys, finally i've finished my mix on Danilo Gallinari!

Over 10 minutes long with new footage... it may be not the greatest but it's the longest mix you can find on him... i hope you enjoy!

:rocking:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,915

Re: Danilo Gallinari New Footage Mix (over 10 min long)! 

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:08 pm

Great, thanks. :)
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#3 » by Nowak008 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:25 pm

:clap: Great work! Still plenty of room on the bandwagon. He by far has the most potential for anyone that we can pick at 8.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Enrique
Senior
And1: 30

Post#4 » by Enrique » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:29 pm

I'd definately take him over Alexander or Randolph.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#5 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Thanks for the clip. Gallinari looks damn good in it.

Of course, he's no Joe Alexander.

But, he could end up being the 'Paul Pierce' that we pass on in this years draft. Just sayin'.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#6 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Nowak008 wrote::clap: Great work! Still plenty of room on the bandwagon. He by far has the most potential for anyone that we can pick at 8.

That's really nothing more than an opinion. Anyone could say that about any player, we won't find out for about three years, maybe longer.

Why does he have "by far" the most potential of anyone available at 8? There are likely going to be several 19 year old players available at 8 and Alexander is 21 but has only played basketball for five years.

Oh, and the Paul Pierce comparisons need to stop. He's nothing like Pierce.
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#7 » by redred9 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:37 pm

he is going to make some teams look silly for passing on him in years to come. But hey, Joe Alexander will certainly be a nice role player to have for this team.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,728

Post#8 » by Ayt » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:36 pm

I wouldn't be happy if we took Alexander over Gallinari, but I don't think Gallinari will be there when we pick.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#9 » by emunney » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:37 pm

Kid's got the ball on a string, that's for sure.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#10 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:42 pm

redred9 wrote:he is going to make some teams look silly for passing on him in years to come. But hey, Joe Alexander will certainly be a nice role player to have for this team.

+1

And this coming from the guy who isn't a huge fan of Euro players.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#11 » by jerrod » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:44 pm

2 things stuck out to me in that

he just didn't look very quick and he doesn't get much lift on his jumpers

between this and the other stuff i've seen, i'm just not excited about him
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#12 » by emunney » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:47 pm

I think there's a certain suddenness, a slithery deception to the way he moves which is going to be enough to keep even NBA defenders off balance when you combine it with his outstanding ball-handling and his overall versatility. Definitely agree about the jumpers, though.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#13 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:48 pm

Looks an awful lot like Hedo on the court, and many have compared his game to him. 11.7/4.1/2.5 career type guy who plays below average defense. I don't see any reason he has more "upside" than Alexander. Are people just saying that because he's two years younger?
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#14 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:50 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Looks an awful lot like Hedo on the court, and many have compared his game to him. 11.7/4.1/2.5 career type guy who plays below average defense. I don't see any reason he has more "upside" than Alexander. Are people just saying that because he's two years younger?

Paul Pierce!
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#15 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:33 pm

I like Simmons comparison between Gallinari and Manu Ginobli. Gallinari has that herky jerky creativity that allows him to penetrate against more athletic players, get to the line at will, and draw and dish. He also seems to have that Ginobli-esque fiestiness.

I think Danilo projects as a better scorer than Alexander, but that Alexander is much stronger. I am not going to speculate who we like better, as we have no clue. I could see a reasonable scenario where Danilo is who the Bucks wanted all along, and scouted him 5 - 8 times last year (to the point where they were comfortable taking him) and everything with Joe and Anthony R has been a smokescreen hoping Gallinari drops). I could also forsee a scenario where Hammond does not view DG as a component of our defensive minded team, and thus doesn't even have him on our draft board.

I wouldn't cry if we drafted him though. I have an open mind about: Mayo, Gallinari, Bayless, Alexander, Gordon, Love, and Westbrook.

The Lopez brothers, and Augustin, and most other prospects just don't catch my imagination on the pro level.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#16 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm

The major difference between Gallinari and the Pierce (ridiculous)/Ginobili comparisons is first step. Both of those guys, while not top shelf athletes, have a great first step, while also attacking the rim relentlessly and being able to absorb contact and finish. Everything I've read and seen on Gallinari shows average footspeed for a NBA SF, and the times where he does meet contact at the rim he does not go strong, he throws up a flip shot.

I can't see the Pierce/Manu comparisons though, both those guys first steps are great on the NBA level.
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#17 » by redred9 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:54 pm

the Hedo comparisons are pretty accurate- but Gallinari has more 'feel' for the game- like a point forward mentality. And he will get to where Hedo is at today a lot quicker. Yes, he can finish at the rim with contact as well. Remember, hes still a teenager.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager

Post#18 » by Rockmaninoff » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:55 pm

LUKE23 wrote:The major difference between Gallinari and the Pierce (ridiculous)/Ginobili comparisons is first step. Both of those guys, while not top shelf athletes, have a great first step, while also attacking the rim relentlessly and being able to absorb contact and finish. Everything I've read and seen on Gallinari shows average footspeed for a NBA SF, and the times where he does meet contact at the rim he does not go strong, he throws up a flip shot.

I can't see the Pierce/Manu comparisons though, both those guys first steps are great on the NBA level.

You didn't watch this most recent video, then? He dunked when he could and used finesse when he had to. Like Ginobili and Pierce. It's about style.

Oh and niether have a 'great first step'. What they both do is use body control, staggers, pump fakes, and awareness to get the defender off balance so that they can shoulder shimmy by them.

LUKE23
RealGM

Post#19 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Both Pierce and Manu have great first steps. Watch the Finals again this year or Manu in any game and you will see that. They leave their defenders in wake on a consistent basis.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#20 » by Licensed to Il » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:02 pm

luke, none of us have seen any of these guys enough to really know. if you really think you know enough about gallinari's defense, rebounding, first step, etc... from youtube clips... you are fooling yourself and no one else.

i know the point of this forumn and thread are to be armchair scouts... but keep perspective

Return to Milwaukee Bucks