Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

barbados73
Junior
And1: 8

If Cleveland wants Redd.... 

Post#1 » by barbados73 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:49 am

I would want deal from Cleveland

Milwaukee trades Redd and Gadz

Cleveland trades Varejao, Szczerbiak, J.Smith, #19 pick this year, and 2010 #1(top 3 protected)

Why for Milwaukee -- They get 2 first round picks, a young solid PF/C and about $18 million in expiring contracts(some will be taken up by the pay raise Bogut will receive)

Why for Cleveland -- They try to show Lebron they are serious about winning, in hopes of him staying.

With Milwaukee's #8 pick take Anthony Randolph and with Cleveland's #19 I would take Nicholas Batum.

Then after July 1st deal Mo and CV to Chicago for Hinrich

Why for Milwaukee -- Get a PG that fits what the new regime is trying to do.

Why for Chicago -- They get a great 6th man and a PF that can score for a PG that is going to lose his position to Rose.

PG-Hinrich/Sessions
SG-Szczerbiak/C.Bell/Batum
SF-Simmons/Dez/A.Randolph
PF-Yi/J.Smith
C-Bogut/Varejao

You make the draft picks earn their minutes, and after the season Szczerbiak, J.Smith and Dez are gone. Maybe try to flip some of the expirings for a SF who can help right away(while Randolph develops).
jeremyd236
General Manager
And1: 16

Re: If Cleveland wants Redd.... 

Post#2 » by jeremyd236 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:54 am

Everyone here automatically hates Redd because he is a "2nd banana". That team that you just proposed is full of 3rd or 4th bananas.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#3 » by aaprigs311 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:57 am

PG-Hinrich/Sessions
SG-Szczerbiak/C.Bell/Batum
SF-Simmons/Dez/A.Randolph
PF-Yi/J.Smith
C-Bogut/Varejao

Worst team in the league right there.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#4 » by L&H_05 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:17 am

What a horrible deal for the Cavs.. As a Cavs fan that doesn't really want Redd, this deal makes no sense..

We lose two bigs, a ton of defense and rebounding two first round picks, and take on a horrible contract--just so we can get a 30 year old 2nd option, that plays no defense or brings much more to the table than scoring, all the while losing flexibility to improve the team down the road ???

lol.. No thanks...
barbados73
Junior
And1: 8

Post#5 » by barbados73 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:17 am

I think the point that your missing is that sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward. Yes, the on court team is bad but the Bucks fix their salary structure along with adding young talent and picks. It is kind of along the same lines as Seattle did and N.J. is now doing.

Even with that, if the Bucks packaged up Szczerbiak, Dez, their 2009 pick(unprotected), and the Cav's 2010 pick for say Carmelo(or some above average SF). A team of Hinrich, C.Bell, C.Anthony, Yi, and Bogut. How bad would that team be? The expirings are not great for the Bucks unless they trade them, because players are not going to be lining up to sign here.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#6 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:25 am

L&H_05 wrote:What a horrible deal for the Cavs.. As a Cavs fan that doesn't really want Redd, this deal makes no sense..

We lose two bigs, a ton of defense and rebounding two first round picks, and take on a horrible contract--just so we can get a 30 year old 2nd option, that plays no defense or brings much more to the table than scoring, all the while losing flexibility to improve the team down the road ???

lol.. No thanks...

It's fine, we don't want your overrated trash anyway. Your team has one asset, the rest of the roster really is junk.
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#7 » by L&H_05 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:31 am

LUKE23 wrote:
L&H_05 wrote:What a horrible deal for the Cavs.. As a Cavs fan that doesn't really want Redd, this deal makes no sense..

lol.. No thanks...

It's fine, we don't want your overrated trash anyway. Your team has one asset, the rest of the roster really is junk.
Is there a reason why you feel the need to act like a douche all the time ???I simply don't understand it... I've never one time suggested one player upon a Bucks fan, and never would...

Many Bucks fans throw different suggestions out there from time to time ,and I've yet to see a combination that works... Yet, in virtually everyone of those threads, here comes Luke23 trying to get loud... Relax..
andonewheel
Rookie

Post#8 » by andonewheel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:34 am

Insulting NBA teams is silly and unnecessary, cmon.

I don't think Cleveland is a good trade partner for Redd even if they may want a player like him. The only asset I'd want from Cleveland is their unprotected first rounder for the year after Lebron's contract expires. The Bucks can find a much better trading partner for Redd, he still has a lot of value on the right team- he's on the Olympic team, he's worth more than Varejao and a couple late 1st round picks. I expect us to keep Redd and see how he does under Skiles anyways.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#9 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:35 am

Not trying to get loud, just when you come in with the "lol, no thanks" response when you're giving up no talent at all in the deal and two picks in the 20's and acting like the Cavs are getting raped. I mean, what do you really give up there?

No offense intended L/H, you're good people.
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#10 » by L&H_05 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:50 am

LUKE23 wrote:Not trying to get loud, just when you come in with the "lol, no thanks" response when you're giving up no talent at all in the deal and two picks in the 20's and acting like the Cavs are getting raped, there needs to be some perspective. I mean, what do you really give up there?
There's no need to get defensive about it...

"lol No thanks" is due to a couple factors--

Regardless of what many believe, the Cavs are actually a contender in the east, and could be as many as one player away from winning a title...

The problem is, if we're trading for one player, that player can't gut the team of it best team assets (rebounding and defense) without a decent replacement in the fold-- If the Cavs trade a player like Varejao, there needs to be a legit replacement that is going to play 25 minutes or so a night.... His rebounding and post defense may not look sexy on the surface like Redd's scoring, but for a contending team, it's a vital key in part of the potential post season success...

None of the names in the trade from the Cavs side are attractive, I know this, Luke.... However, when we're trading away virtually 17 point,15 rebounds, outstanding post defense and energy as well as two first picks, and take on Gadz contract in the process, the return needs to be greater and needs to make an impact in more aspects of the game than just more scoring...

Redd is a very good player... But, we're not a team that can afford to trade away bigs when our starting frontcourt is 33 and 34 years old with nothing of substance behind them...

I know people look at Redd, and his abilities as a player, and immediately think plugging that into the Cavs could put them over the top.. But, there's a reason why we almost took Boston out, and that's defense and rebounding...Would adding Redd have given us a chance ?? Perhaps, but not at the expense of what wins a championship...

I'd prefer making a smaller deal, and keeping the bigs, or making a deal that would include a productive big in the process...
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:56 am

Can't really argue with any of that. I wouldn't make the deal on the Bucks end either.
andonewheel
Rookie

Post#12 » by andonewheel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:58 am

???
Why are you so attached to Varajao, he's almost certainly going to leave town ASAP.
Smith is a servicable big man but he is easily replaceable with the average free agent, and he's pretty old. The MLE could bring in a better backup than Joe.
Scerbiak is terrible nowadays. Late first round picks are not very valuable.

Adding Gadzuric isn't going to hurt your team much considering you probably won't have cap room soon.

There's a reason you lost to Boston too- that's your team's inability to score. Adding Redd would be a huge upgrade and give Lebron a lot more breathing room and a second scorer to take pressure off him. Pavlovic and Scerbiak gave you guys nothing from the wing positions, and it's gonna be easier to find a replacement big man who can rebound and defend than it will be to find a scorer of Redd's caiber.
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#13 » by L&H_05 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:12 am

andonewheel wrote:???
Why are you so attached to Varajao, he's almost certainly going to leave town ASAP.
Smith is a servicable big man but he is easily replaceable with the average free agent, and he's pretty old. The MLE could bring in a better backup than Joe.
Scerbiak is terrible nowadays. Late first round picks are not very valuable.

Adding Gadzuric isn't going to hurt your team much considering you probably won't have cap room soon.

There's a reason you lost to Boston too- that's your team's inability to score. Adding Redd would be a huge upgrade and give Lebron a lot more breathing room and a second scorer to take pressure off him. Pavlovic and Scerbiak gave you guys nothing from the wing positions, and it's gonna be easier to find a replacement big man who can rebound and defend than it will be to find a scorer of Redd's caiber.
AV hurt his ankle in a game against the Lakers, he was never the same as he came back earlier than he should have... When 100% healthy, AV is the best energy big man in the league, that provides exactly what this team needs in terms of post defending, and attacking the glass on both ends.. He fits here, and when healthy, might be the most important piece besides 23....

Bottom line is, this deal removes any type of flexibility to improve the roster moving forward.. Trading expirings and draft picks for Redd is not (IMO) the recipe for success for this particular situation.. Another team, say like Dallas ?? Perhaps...
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#14 » by aaprigs311 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:24 am

The Cavs are contenders because of one player. They could plug in any p.o.s. around LBJ and they'd be remotely competitive. Big Z is formidable. Other than that it's a trashy roster. There is no one on that team that could help us even a little. Nevertheless, the Cavs have been successful and we haven't. Enjoy the last few years of the LBJ era. I bet he can't wait to get outta there.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#15 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:25 am

I think it's been pretty established that Hammond is not giving away talent. The agenda is win now. If anything we'll go in the opposite direction. Hammond might explore trading Redd, but CLE is a bad trade partner. Hammond will want a quality starter for Redd, not a bunch of junk.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#16 » by Wise1 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:34 am

L&H, would it make you feel any better if we threw in Michael Ruffin to help you with the defense and rebounding?
L&H_05
RealGM

Post#17 » by L&H_05 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:48 am

We already have the beautiful Delonte West, the male model that is Wally, the big brotha with the Afro in Wallace, the guy that looks like a prepubescent teen in Gibson, a 7 foot lithuanian, a Brazilian with weird ass hair, DAMON MOTHER****** JONES, a legally deaf player in Lance Aldred and the Black Incredible HULK who wears 23,..

So I guess we're missing the guy with a massive overbite.... Send him over, Wise...
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#18 » by tedbrogen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:06 am

A couple of what I see as more realistic Cavs/Bucks trade ideas:

Redd/Gadz/Bell for Jones/Smith/Wally/Cavs first round pick this year

That's if you are looking at it from a let's get rid of the bad contracts for expirings scenario. Cavs land Redd while only giving up expiring contracts. They hold onto AV, could replace Joe's role easily with their MLE, and with Redd on the team Wally and Jones wouldn't be necessary.

or this one is a hybrid of one brought up on another board:

Redd/Gadz for Gibson(S&T)/Wally/Smith/Cavs 2009 first round pick

Bucks still unload their worst contract (Gadz), get a future first round pick, get back two expiring contracts, and get a young guard who can shoot the 3 and play D.
Cavs get Redd, only have to take on one bad contract, get to keep their first rounder this year (with Redd their 2009 pick would likely be in the 20s anyways), and with Redd (assuming they are keeping West around) Gibson wouldn't be the biggest loss.
The Cavs could even sub Jones into the deal in place of Smith if they would rather hang onto Smith for his frontcourt defense. It probably wouldn't matter that much to the Bucks as Smith and Jones would both be ex-Bucks returning for a one year stint as expiring contracts on the bench. Smith would be more useful for that one season.

Although I think we find out if the Bucks plan on trading Redd in a few hours. If they draft a SG (trade up for Mayo or pick Gordon at 8), then Redd is probably gone.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#19 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:27 am

NO NO NO NO NO NO....Hey News Flash!

Cleveland we are not trading you Michael Redd man! Lay off on that crap!

You do not trade Redd to the Cavs in your own divsion unless we get a proven Olympian back in return for our efforts and loss NOT TWO RAW ROOKIES IN A DRAFT!!!!

I'VE SAID THIS A THOUSAND TIMES to Cavs or Bucks fans who stumble in here with this idiocy of parting with a franchise player in your own divsion.

We are not in the business of accomodating the Cavs unless they make it worth our while. And two draft picks is an insult! Keep your draft picks!

If the Cavs are the best Hammond can do, then hell you can just keep Redd! You make teams like the Cavs pay extra for him because he will face you 6 times a year most years. They must get a 3 or 4 team deal to move him there.

For the life of me I have no idea why Larry Bird is giving the Raptors Jermaine O'Neal for the garbage he is getting for him! But now that GM Donnie Walsh is gone he will run that team in the ground too now.

Hell, if anything I would have moved Redd for Jermaine O'Neal!!! Don't move Redd for anyone but a guy who can start and who can drop his points!
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#20 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:36 am

lol.. No thanks...
L&H you know I respect you...BUT YOUR PLAYERS FOR OTHER TEAMS ARE GARBAGE!!!

Wally is garbage! Varejeo is garbage! I dont like not one player individually on that entire team...No one on that team we could get comes in here and sells tickets! NO ONE!

And why for the life of me Bucks fans think we need Wally and Varejo I have no idea and lose a 30ppg scorer for those clowns and they can't even win with LeBron????????????????????????????????????????

WTF would we want with them without Redd!!!!!? It baffles me some in here! The Cavs have nothing we need!

We got more talent then they do as we are now....

Why would you move Redd there? Unless there is a three way or four way trade that can net us anyone but Cavs players I am not in favor of this at all!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks