ImageImage

Bucks' Must Pick Big For Box Office Splash! ...

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#1 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:45 am

The player we get or the players we move in a trade to get better had better be able to reunite this fan base and SELL TICKETS and draw fans and get us energized again.

Right now the face of this team now is Coach Scott Skiles. He is the best leader this team has right now and he does not even play!

But the thing we need is either a new leader to emerge in place of Redd or to support Redd. And no it is not Bogut all you Bogut lovers...

He is best as a complementary player. He wouldn't sell tickets or invigorate the networks. Yi might if grows...but you need to get another face for this team moving forward.

A Beasley, a Mayo, a Gordon, or even now....an Alexander would be good as well. But you can't get any of those it is back to the drawing board.

This player can be a linchpin perhaps for a new arena in this town and renewed hope for this once proud franchise.

I look at teams like Portland and Atlanta and even arch rival Chicago now....an embarassment of riches...

A lot of guys I see bandied about (Espeically that Cavs deal)I would not go to see...or watch long on TV.

But I ask you, where are we?

We will know tonite...
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Re: Bucks' Must Pick Big For Box Office Splash! ... 

Post#2 » by midranger » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:48 am

So basically, we should focus on Tom Hanks's early career?
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#3 » by old skool » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:32 pm

Hanks is a wily veteran, but maybe not enough of a box office draw to meet MBBOT's call for an attraction.

MBBOT's comments make it sound like Hammond and Co. have a say in where they pick. The Bucks don't have a top five pick, much less the top three pick that would be needed to invigorate fans.

oLd sKool
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#4 » by DelaneyRudd » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:56 pm

Excitement is made in the playoffs, not in the summer leagues.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks