ImageImage

Who's our starting PF? / Anderson Varejao Rumor

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Johnny Newman
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Who's our starting PF? / Anderson Varejao Rumor 

Post#41 » by Johnny Newman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:06 am

Dexmor wrote:One of the rumors said it to be Redd involved which I don't understand.
I thought AV used his no trade clause once denying a trade with Bucks last season? Well atleast I thought a Cavs poster said it here once.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#42 » by aaprigs311 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:11 am

Alright, I am going to get ripped a new one for this but whatever. It's not realistic that we're going to get the PF everyone wants. I say we make a play at Hinrich to tighten up that position defensively and to ditch Mo and his me first attitude. Then make a play at a guy like Darko. Yeah, I said it. I think he could potentially fit in well. He blocks a lot of shots and is a good defender around the rim. His offensive skills are virtually non-existant, but we don't need more scorers at this point. If he could score 9-10 ppg, grab 7-8 boards, and swat a couple shots in 25 minutes I'd be more than satisfied. He's undeniably a major bust, but he is still young and it's something to chew on. Again, we need to explore other options first, but if it came down to it I'd rather have a guy like Darko in there than CV at the 4. I don't think Joe Alexander translates into a real 4 in this league either. I guess we'll have to wait and see though. Thoughts?
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#43 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:07 am

Johnny Newman wrote:
Dexmor wrote:One of the rumors said it to be Redd involved which I don't understand.
I thought AV used his no trade clause once denying a trade with Bucks last season? Well atleast I thought a Cavs poster said it here once.

I think Kobe is the only player in the NBA with a no trade clause.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#44 » by L&H_05 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:23 am

adamcz wrote:
Johnny Newman wrote:

I think Kobe is the only player in the NBA with a no trade clause.
AV can veto any trade that he wants up until December 5th... And the Cavs cannot trade him to the Bobcats (even with his approval) until that time because they were the team to sign him to an offer sheet...
Thank33Ew
Ballboy

Post#45 » by Thank33Ew » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:48 am

Would Milwaukee do something like Zach Randolph for Michael Redd straight up? Or Randolph and David Lee for Charlie Villanueva, Desmon Mason and Dan Gadzuric? I think Randolph would play well next to Andrew Bogut.
aaprigs311
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#46 » by aaprigs311 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:51 am

I think most of us would pass on Randolph. We don't need another player with a bad attitude #1, and #2 his contract sucks. I'd send CV/Filler for Lee in a heartbeat though.
SheedsWeed
RealGM

Post#47 » by SheedsWeed » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:52 am

I don't really like AV. Much rather would have Haslem.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#48 » by trwi7 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:57 am

Thank33Ew wrote:Would Milwaukee do something like Zach Randolph for Michael Redd straight up? Or Randolph and David Lee for Charlie Villanueva, Desmon Mason and Dan Gadzuric? I think Randolph would play well next to Andrew Bogut.

Randolph is the exact opposite of who Hammond and Skiles would like to acquire. Much less actually having to give up assets for him.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#49 » by Dexmor » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:11 am

Redd for Randolph because Randolph would go next to Bogut? Do you guys think Bogut is a monster defender because Zack never passes or plays D.

I don't understand 2 things and I would love some help here

1. How did a rumor of Redd for AV get out or be taken serious by the Bucks, it's crazy.

2. Why do you guys want to trade Redd at all? He is not the problem with the Bucks and trading him is no solution.
Dexmor
Head Coach
And1: 39

Post#50 » by Dexmor » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:17 am

3rd question, what is wrong with Charlie V? 6'11 and got 12 points in 6 boards in half a game. His defense needs work yes but he is better then all the guys you want like AV and Haslem.
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#51 » by RamonSessions » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:17 am

Dexmor wrote:Redd for Randolph because Randolph would go next to Bogut? Do you guys think Bogut is a monster defender because Zack never passes or plays D.

I don't understand 2 things and I would love some help here

1. How did a rumor of Redd for AV get out or be taken serious by the Bucks, it's crazy.

2. Why do you guys want to trade Redd at all? He is not the problem with the Bucks and trading him is no solution.

Yes he is very much a problem of the Milwaukee Bucks roster, amazing shooter-creates his own shots, sure anyone will give you this but the guy is selfish in the worst way, is a moron when it comes to decision making and is about as unclutch as any star in the NBA yet in the 4th quarter Redd is the man demanding the ball- and shooting when he's got three defenders on him.

No this is not a result of having bad teammates, this is result of being a head case with the previously stated moronic basketball decision making skills.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#52 » by Buck You » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:19 am

Gadz/09 2nd rounder. All I would give up.
RamonSessions
Banned User

Post#53 » by RamonSessions » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:20 am

Dexmor wrote:3rd question, what is wrong with Charlie V? 6'11 and got 12 points in 6 boards in half a game. His defense needs work yes but he is better then all the guys you want like AV and Haslem.

Everyone wants him gone because of his lazy work ethic and lack of defense.

I'd love to see if this will transform under Scott Skiles and I hope we'll at least get a first half preview of this. Mo Williams/ Redd would be my priority #1 Bucks to move, tied for that position, # 2 CV but I'd give him a shot before Mo because that 4 spot is basically empty without CV and Mo could net us a decent PF/PG , same goes for Redd.
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#54 » by Smooth32 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:42 am

Honestly as a Cavs fan, I'd rather have West over Williams right now. My two biggest concerns about him are his health and defense. Especially the health.

I think the Cavs are going to trade AV for a 2-guard or a #2 option. So....
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#55 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:42 am

Baseline Runner wrote:Its ironic that Bucks fans look down on the Cavs roster, a team that plays defense and gets deep in the playoffs year after year.

Year after year? You make it sound like you've been making deep playoff runs for as long as the Pistons, getting to the Conference Finals for many years now. We're talking about the last three seasons only. That's a significant accomplishment, I'm not trying to diminish it (obviously it is significant better than whet the Bucks have done the last three seasons) but let's not exaggerate it either. The Cavs aren't some dynasty.
You've made it past the 1st round three consecutive times, including to the Finals once, the only time you've made it past the second round. I imagine the Cavs will continue to be relevant in the playoffs for as long as you have LeBron.

As for looking down on the Cavs roster, there is good reason for it.
The Cavs roster is terrible. It is filled with primarily bad players.
LeBron James is an absurdly excellent player though, which goes along way in making up for the lack of quality he is surrounded by.

That being said, I happen to be someone who likes Varejao more than most on this board.
I am slightly concerned about the flopping and the new fining system, but he'll adjust, as emunney said. I'd have no problem giving up Mo Williams up for Varejao. Fine with me.

Baseline Runner wrote:I don't mean to be harsh but I feel like I'm just stating facts and in all likelihood the Cavs and bucks are not good trading partners since we only want Redd and you only want James. But Varejao is a guy that can grab 20 rebounds in a night. He can go toe to toe with guys like Garnett and Sheed in game 7 of a playoff series and even shut them down. He can make great effort plays that completely change the momentum of a game. Sure he's just a role player but a damn good one and exactly the kind of player your team needs, the kind of player that you should be thinking of ways to acquire, not snubbing your nose at.

Again, I like Varejao quite a bit (It is possible I am his number two fan on this board after Sigra, although it is possible there are others who like him more than me here), but saying he could go toe to toe with Kevin Garnett in game 7 of a playoff series and shut him down is getting really carried away here.

paulpressey25 wrote:For our other Cav's fans, I think the reason Mo Williams name comes up is because our resident Cav's visitor, L&H 05 frequently mentions that he'd like Mo Williams and not Redd.

We think he's off-base but have already negotiated a deal with him of Gadz/Mo Williams for AV/and something else..... :)

Most of us would gladly take AV on this team for Mo Williams but given AV's contract only being for one year, we'd like to at least move Gadzuric's contract in the deal. That gives us the salary room then to negotiate a new contract with AV. And AV can play some backup center.
[/quote][/quote]

Yeah, because of that factor we'd really have to work Gadzuric into this trade from our end and something from the Cavs end to make that all work, e.g. Eric Snow. And we can add in some cash and 2nd rounders from our end to get that deal done.
bentley
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#56 » by bentley » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:52 am

LUKE23 wrote:But I know there are some "Mo must be gone at all costs" camps.

That is the only camp. Mo is a chemistry killing, no defense, self-centered, egomaniac with a little
man complex to boot. He will be gone. Promise.
power4wardjinx
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by power4wardjinx » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Smooth32 wrote:Honestly as a Cavs fan, I'd rather have West over Williams right now. My two biggest concerns about him are his health and defense. Especially the health.

I think the Cavs are going to trade AV for a 2-guard or a #2 option. So....

You could stand pat with Delonte, Boobie and Wally and you'd be OK at guard - no reason at all to trade for Mo. He doesn't give you much that you don't already have and he's more like Boobie - not really a point guard. I don't think Mo'd play over Delonte or Boobie.

Bogut could use Varejao's help in the paint. Varejao/Wally for Redd/Gadzuric still looks good to me even though it might not happen until December and something would have to be worked out to keep Varejao from leaving Milwaukee. The Cavs might also have to send a draft pick.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks