ImageImage

Free Agent PFs that might fit

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Re: Free Agent PFs that might fit 

Post#21 » by fam3381 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:36 am

I'd guess if we get someone decent it will have to be via trade, since we can't afford to add much salary.

Ruffin can be had for the minimum in all likelihood, so I'd be thrilled to have him back for that. He actually had the best net on court/off court rating on the team, and especially given how many scorers are around he'd fit with us fairly well.

Doesn't mean you have to make him your backup PF, but we're not going to spend real money on free agents anyway. Getting a serviceable guy who you can put on the end of the bench is a good thing.
slappyg
Junior
And1: 269

Post#22 » by slappyg » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:56 am

I would bring Skinner back if we can get him reasonable
pasting_monkeys
Starter
And1: 1

Post#23 » by pasting_monkeys » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:09 am

What about a trade to the sonics to take place after July 1

Mo Williams, Desmond Mason, future 2nd.
for
Nick Collison, Earl Watson, Johan Petro.

We do this if we are comfortable with a Watson/Sessions tandem at PG. We get Collison, who will do decently as a starting PF, and we get some added depth behind Bogut. I threw in the future 2nd from us because Seattle still like Petro's upside.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#24 » by europa » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:16 am

REDDzone wrote:I'd love Wilcox on this team, to say the least.

Yea, if the Bucks are talking trade with Seattle for a PF, Wilcox is the guy I'd want. Not Collison.

And like fam, I'm fine with bringing back Ruffin as an end-of-the-bench reserve PF/C. He's a nice hustle player who's cheap and can give you 5-10 minutes if you really need him to. As a third-string PF/C he'll be fine. The problem is he was often the second-best C on the team this past season and was often giving better minutes at PF than Villanueva or Yi. It's not a problem having a guy like Ruffin on the roster. The problem is when he's forced to play more minutes than he should be because other players aren't delivering.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,645

Post#25 » by emunney » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:27 am

I've always liked Richard. He's got the length of a center. I think his standing reach is something like 9-2. Mainly though, he's just strong as hell, will not yield position in the post and gets his hands on a lot of tip-outs so that even if he doesn't rebound particularly well, he does manage to keep the ball alive for his team.

He's anything but undersized.
andonewheel
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#26 » by andonewheel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:36 am

Landry and Collison are my top two choices. It's hard to say what Seattle wants because nobody really knows the direction they're taking their team. Do they basically want to get younger, clear contracts, and suck until they move to OKC? Collison is one of the best defensive PFs and a great rebounder. I think they'd prefer to move Wilcox though, and I've always thought he's a respectable PF who could fit in here, I'd be happy with either one.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#27 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:43 am

We've talked about the double header trade of Mo/CV for Collison/Watson.

I'd rather figure out Haslem and Hinrich. Wilcox is ok, but he's so much more a scorer than a defender. I think his head would implode under Skiles.
emunney
RealGM

Post#28 » by emunney » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:58 am

Yeah, I think we could make do with either Collison or Wilcox, but I think we should get something extra for Mo. Not sure that we'd be able to, but we'll see. I'd do Mo for either Collison or Wilcox and either Petro or Sene. And hopefully we can get a point guard for Des and CV.

That'd leave our 15 man roster as:

Bogut
Collison/Wilcox
Petro/Sene
Gadz
Alexander
LRMAM
Jefferson
Redd
Bell
Sessions
Des/CV point guard.

That's only 11. We'd have to sign at least 2 free agents.

Take your pick of guys like Patrick O'Bryant, Chris Richard, Najera, Antoine Wright, Devin Brown, Craig Smith, Maurice Evans, Roger Mason. I'd be surprised if we made a signing close to the MLE, but I think we could easily justify breaking it up on a few of these guys. I wouldn't mind making a play for Lavrinovic as Chuck suggests... but I wonder if he'd be able to get a work visa. Smodis is a really good player, but I wonder how he'd fit with the current philosophy.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#29 » by Jez2983 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:52 am

I'm gonna add Houston to the mix of potential trade partners:
Dorsey
Hayes
Scola
Landry (as mentioned)
(Steve Novak!!!1!!1)

Any of those would be OK. Hayes is a bit small but gets plenty of boards. Gotta admit I don't know much about his D.
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#30 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:08 am

We have nothing to give Utah for Milsap? They just made a a qualifying offer for him and I think he is a restricted free agent...

If we had money I would match it in a heartbeat and then some! But perhaps we can give them a player for him.

I would trade Villanueva, and Redd and the right to Ersan Ilyasova there for Milsap, Okur and Ron Brewer or Morris Almond right now if the salaries matched up. Matt Harpring as well...

They just drafted a big man there so they can't keep and satisfy all of them. Redd would put them over the top...with Deron and Boozer alongside him. That is a perfect team for him and they still have Kyle Korver.

That I would do...I am the only one around here who would keep Mo Williams if you had a stopper next to him. He is easie to go forward with then Redd is if you ask me. But I am alone on this one which I am used to.

Don't get me wrong, I would move Mo for Haslem in a minute but Miami made out like bandits in getting Mario Chalmers in the draft or by trade or whatever so they don't need Mo as much do
they?

But like I said, many of you think you don't need shooters and you put too much reliance on Bogut to get his own shot...and he has not developed that or proven that yet. You need guys like Mo.

I dont know what it is about him but I like the kid...he can play. But his best role is as a 6th man like the Bulls used Ben Gordon.

I would also make a play for Kenyon Dooling as well, but you still have Ivey and Bell....who I would launch as well.

You fans have to separate your hope for a player from the reality of the situation....
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#31 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:23 am

skones wrote:In terms of big men, Seattle and Minnesota are the two teams you really look at IMO.

Seattle:
Wilcox
Collison
Swift
Saer Sene
Petro
Marshall
Hardin
Kaun

Minnesota:
Jefferson
Cardinal
Collins
Madsen
Gomes
Smith
Richard
Love

Both teams have a dearth of big men on their team and could afford to give one or two up.
Minnesota? Ha ha ha...please. I like some of their players like Gomes, Smith and whatnot...and I like McCants as well who I wish we could steal.

But add Utah in that mix as well as Denver. I think Utah makes the ideal trade partner. They have the exact kind of well coached Scott Skiles type hard nosed players we need.

Guys who play hard, tough, old-fashioned who will bump, girnd, battle, take hard fouls and force the opposing guys off the blocks or veer them to the places they do not want to go.

Cerebral guys who can learn and stick to and buy into a system and play hard every night and are not up and down and fragile in heart, head, and emotions and keep coming at you.

Gamers. But there is only one player I want on their team I think would fit perfectly. Paul Milsap. I like Okur but only as a backup or spot starter and you could bring Milsap off the bench.

DID NOT JOHN HAMMOND and Joe Dumars have Mehmet Okur in Detriot and let him get away? Some say Joe D did not make many mistakes in the last 7 years and that is a fact to be sure.

Some say his biggest one was Darko over Melo, but I think one of them was letting Okur go as well... So I know John Hammond likes Okur.

I also like Ron Brewer a lock down defender as well. He and RJ would get after people on the top of the perimeter and are athletic and long and can play the passing lanes. Redd does not, can not, and will not...

I thought about Kirilenko but we have Alexander and RJ and now no need for him do we? I thought about Kyle Korver, but I like both Almond and Brewer over him.

Okur could back up Bogut and Milsap and can stretch the floor as well. Send Villanueva and Redd packing out West. Not Cleveland!

We could see what was up with a guy like Martell Webster if we need a hired gun off the bench?
in8
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#32 » by in8 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:08 am

Anyone know what's going on with David Anderson? I know Atlanta own his rights but they don't seem to have any interest in bringing him over. Would be a decent backup who'd provide immediate production and we probably wouldn't have to give up too much.
andonewheel
Rookie

Post#33 » by andonewheel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:16 am

No picks means no grade, but Rick Sund surely didn’t impress anyone by already making his first mistake—not showing any serious interest in finally bringing over former draftee David Andersen, who could have been a very nice compliment to Al Horford, and would have contributed more to the team than any player drafted outside of the lottery this season. The Australian center took less money than he made last season to go to Barcelona, and the Hawks yet again blow a chance to strengthen their roster. Some things never change.
-from DX
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#34 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:20 pm

if not Landry what about Najera or Walter Herrmann as the backup to Haslem, Lee, or Shelden Williams? big upgrade over Ruffin and the right kind of player
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
emunney
RealGM

Post#35 » by emunney » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:24 pm

MBBOT wrote:Minnesota? Ha ha ha...please. I like some of their players like Gomes, Smith and whatnot...and I like McCants as well who I wish we could steal.

Gotta start by pointing out this instant MMMMBop classic -- laughing at the absurdity of your suggestion and then immediately agreeing with it.

Interesting news on David Anderson. I really thought we'd see if he had any NBA in his game this year. Oh, well. Papaloukas'd.
nuttinbutta Big Dog party
Junior

Post#36 » by nuttinbutta Big Dog party » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:36 am

I've always been a big PJ Brown fan. He gives you quality minutes, plays smart defense, and makes open shots...without looking for his own shots too often. He's a FA.
andonewheel
Rookie

Post#37 » by andonewheel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:56 am

More Bang For The Bucks wrote:if not Landry what about Najera or Walter Herrmann as the backup to Haslem, Lee, or Shelden Williams? big upgrade over Ruffin and the right kind of player

It's hard to have an opinion on Fabio, he's pretty much a "meh" for me. I wouldn't mind giving Shelden a chance and he has to be available, right?
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,993

Post#38 » by midranger » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:08 am

It's hard for me to believe that someone who has nothing but praise for Haslem, has nothing but disdain for Collison.
More Bang For The Bucks
Starter

Post#39 » by More Bang For The Bucks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:15 am

Thompson will get a lot of minutes, Mikkey Moore, and they are stuck with Kenny Thomas and Abdur Rahim. Miller and Hawes at center, I think he would be available. My dream scenario is sign Josh Smith, Mo and CV for Salmons and Shelden Williams(Udrih leaves via FA), then we could dump Redd for Wally and a first. Draft a SG next year

Smith/JA/Williams
RJ/JA/Salmons
Bogut/Williams
Salmons/Wally
Sessions/FA
by LUKE23 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:38 am
I certainly wouldn't be dancing in the streets or bestowing a bunch of praise on Hammond though.
It's like taking three huge dumps on your kitchen floor, then cleaning up one of them.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,973

Post#40 » by drew881 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:18 am

How about take a chance on signing the Birdman to a min deal

Return to Milwaukee Bucks